Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Imprint Breeding Results. Let's Try And Figure Out The Kubrow Genetics (Imprints)

Electronite

Question

I was just looking around to see what imprints do exactly, do they carry the fur patterns only or everything including build and class, but I came up empty. Looked around the forums and there wasn't anything definitive. From Live stream 31 they say it includes all the characteristics but some people say its only the patterns.

So I thought I'd create a thread for people to post the results of their kubro breeding results so we can get a grasp on what traits are dominant or recessive. So here's a template for posting your 'experiment'. Pictures would be EXTREMELY helpful, if you don't have the screenshots then try to be as descriptive as possible, perhaps use other people's posts as an example. For example, "My imprint 1 has the same patter as post #6 Imprint 1" or something like that.

Imprint 1:(Please if you can make sure the order you post here is the same order you used when blending)

Kubro Type:

Height(Tall, medium, small):

Build(Stocky/Fat, Normal, Skinny):

Pattern(Just a simple description would do, just needed to see what pattern ends up dominant):

Imprint 2:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

Baby:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

So far my findings are:

--- Imprints only give a higher chance for the kubro baby to carry the characteristics of the 2 imprints. 

---There are dominant and recessive traits, resulting in some traits to always take priority. But that's only if RNG decides your imprints take priority.

---Each Kubro can only have 2 imprints taken of them. And only after they are fully grown into adults.

---From Livestream gender could also imply dominance or recessiveness of genes.

---As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore). Well this is a big change, don't know how exactly this will work. 

---From a twitter we found out these are the traits categories:

Body Type(implicitly derived, not explicitly stated)

Fur Pattern

Eye Colour

Colour layer 1,2 and 3(ie Primary colour, Tint 1, and Tint 2)

https://twitter.com/sheldoncarter/status/491370256699359232

---CONFIRMED. Using 2 imprints of a same Kubro does not guarentee the same Kubro but a very high chance of so.

8bb3318ecf192db93d9b8e61a527f946.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis/Speculation(need more data)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***FUR PATTERN**

So far we have seen many cases of Kubros with the following patterns, the other types are quite rare and I still haven't recieved any data on them. FEED ME DATA.

Stripes: The pattern with stripes on the kubro's back and legs, much like a tiger.

Lotus: A lotus symbol on the face.

Patchy: The most common of patterns, just patches of the 2 different colours on the doge, mostly very light and similiar so sometimes hard to distinguish.

Speculation:(NOT FINAL)

1. From Several case studies #6; #12; #24; #34; we can see that the stripes pattern is RECESSIVE. In all of the cases a stripes pattern when combined with another pattern will 'blend' you a baby with the other pattern.

2. Lotus pattern is also RECESSIVE, as seen in case study #32.

3. The Patchy pattern is very common and can be ruled as a dominant gene. So if you want a good pattern don't bring in a kubro with the patchy pattern. I think it is safe to say PATCHY IS DOMINANT.

**BODY TYPE**

Thanks to Jin_Kazama for pointing out, the stocky/fat kubro body type isn't a dominant one, he bred 2 fat doges and he got a normal weight doge. (CASE #12)

UPDATE(22/07/2014) : As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore)

UPDATE(25/07/2014): I added a speculation part, to brainstorm. The findings there aren't final and purely speculation based on the limited data I have now. Thank you everyone for the posts so far. If you got friends who have also bred their kubro ask them if they'd like to post their puppy blender experience here :D Once again thank you for all the helpful posts. Love you guys.

Edited by Electronite

''Thanks to Jin_Kazama for pointing out, the stocky/fat kubro body type isn't a dominant one, he bred 2 fat doges and he got a normal weight doge. ''

In that case the big one IS a dominant one.

F = Fat allele

f = normal allele

FF = fat Kubrow

Ff = fat Kubrow

ff = normal Kubrow

If you breed Ff x Ff, the possible puppies are 25% for FF, 25% for ff and 50% for Ff. This way a normal one is possible.

If you breed FF x FF, all the puppies will be FF

If you breed FF x Ff, 50% of the puppies are FF and other 50% are Ff (all puppies are big as well)

The normal weight Kubrow was a ''surprise'', therefore the big size is dominant and the normal size is recessive.

Edited by PeanutMonster

My first time breeding. Thankfully I got two lotuses out of it. Hopefully they turn out bulky rather than anorexic tho, lool

Used the same sequence of imprints as depicted in the picture below for both pups. (Sunika in slot 1, Sahasa in slot 2) Though I am unsure if it matters.

wlODy7l.png

Ooo, Grats on the color switch for that Sahasa baby boy.  Blue lotus pattern with black color 1 and rusty color 2.

Well, these are the results of my little experiment. Imprints were placed in the order of the first screenshot both times. Not exactly extensive enough to be clear cut results, but it can be added to the thread.

JcDrpky.jpg

GFzW5Dg.jpg

ylEu7RB.jpg

So they fixed my stasis chambers and I was able to make four puppies with the splices I had waiting.  Here are the results.  The one on the left was the first splice put in, right is the second.  The top row is the parents, bottom row is the children.  Left child was first, right was second.

qXCLtSQ.jpg

Ugv4kps.jpg

I tried a billion things to find Shadowfang's pattern.  No can do.. All 3 of his colors are the blackest black.  He's either a tiger or a lotus, though.

Edit: The grix dogs were both Raksa.  I was only breeding those with hopes of all black with blue lotus or all blue with black lotus.  Oh well.

Edited by Nasmodok

Got another breeding done. I only had 1 imprint of the male Huras tho so I only made 1 pup. Thankfully she came out as I hoped! Kinda like a weird looking Catahoula leopard dog.

Again, top left was the first imprint, top right the second imprint.

zHldRCI.png

Nothing is over until update is out. And judging my Tenno-Live it might take a while.

Until then, Imprints are as much useful as they were.

Well the update is coming in 14.5 so you could make a estimate it'll come fairly soon

Edited by Christo198

you can see lotus mark and fur types will be available

So what? It will, okay. The question is when? If it'd be months - some people would stop playing by then. What if they want Lotus right now?

Right until Upd is out all the Imprints tradings are relevant, is all I'm saying.

So what? It will, okay. The question is when? If it'd be months - some people would stop playing by then. What if they want Lotus right now?

Right until Upd is out all the Imprints tradings are relevant, is all I'm saying.

man i have nothing against you and your opinion, right now i feel i lost time and platinum for nothing...

man i have nothing against you and your opinion, right now i feel i lost time and platinum for nothing...

Oh, well. I'm sorry. But it's how it works. DE change things whatever way they find fit, and sometimes some of us are being screwed in the process. Nothing to do about it.

Just saying that, for those who took part in Imprints trading - it was not completely in vain since:

a) We still can't know for a fact how this new customization will work, and

b) It certainly won't be for free, too

c) You lost only plat but not time, on a contrary - comparing to those who will wait till the update you'll have got anything you wanted out of Trading while ago by then.

In open-beta games you cannot be sure about anything. Everything's changing constantly.

Not even sure whether all our super-powered frames and weaps will be any good in some few months, so you basically pay for having something you want as for now.

Plus you always can sell some stuff for platinum.

Edited by SugarThief