Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Mk-1 Weapons And Their Future Arrival On The Market...

Azamagon

... DON'T DO IT! Yes, having choices for the newbies is a great new addition and I want that to stay. But adding new MK-1 weapons are completely unnecessary additions! Their regular versions could be used instead as the choices for the newbies, with some tweaks and changes, of course.

EDIT:

*sigh* I guess I STILL wasn't clear enough here... What I mean is:

* The newbies that now have MK-1 weapons, get their MK-1 weapons converted into the STANDARD versions.

* Don't add ANY MK-1 weapons to the market or anywhere else. In fact, all MK-1 weapons, both old and new, are all COMPLETELY scrapped (or converted for those that already have them, as mentioned above). They are completely unnecessary!

* All the "new", regular choices I have suggested instead, are all changed to be obtainable for credits on the market now (and obtainable as weapon choices in the tutorial of course).

Is it clear enough now??

So, that said, here are the proposed new choices for the newbies.

Primary choices:

* Braton (not MK1, that one is changed entirely)

* Strun (not MK1, the STANDARD one! If you have an MK-1 version, it is converted into a REGULAR one)

* Paris (not MK1, the STANDARD one! If you have an MK-1 version, it is converted into a REGULAR one)

First, make all these 3 weapons have equal distribution of the 3 damagetypes (Braton already has it). Second, remove or revamp Mk-1 Braton to a completely different weapon (Like, change its name and model and drastically improve its damage per bullet. There ya go, a slowfiring, accurate and hardhitting assault rifle, a new niche!). Third, all these weapons should now be available with credits, instead of crafting with resources!

These 3 choices would then be about what range you wanna fight: Paris for long range, Strun for close range, Braton for versatile range.

Secondary choices:

* Lato (the regular one, as now)

* Furis (not MK1, the STANDARD one! If you have an MK-1 version, it is converted into a REGULAR one)

* Sicarus (instead of the MK-1 Kunai. Those that got the MK-1 Kunai just gets the MK-1 Kunai converted into regular Kunai)

Just like on Primaries, make all these 3 weapons have equal distribution of the 3 damagetypes. Secondly, buff Lato to a damage of around 21 or so (7 damage of each type). Third, all these weapons should now be available with credits, instead of crafting with resources!

These 3 choices would then be about the triggertype you prefer: Lato is semi, Furis is auto, Sicarus is burst.

Melee choices:

* Skana (the regular one, as now)

* Ankyros/Furax (not MK1, the STANDARD one! If you have an MK-1 version, it is converted into a REGULAR one)

* "Reaper" (the only NEW weapon I'm suggesting here, instead of the MK-1 Bo. Those that got the MK-1 Bo just gets the MK-1 Bo converted into regular Bo)

or alternatively (suggested by Archwizard)

* Bo (not MK1, the STANDARD one! If you have an MK-1 version, it is converted into a REGULAR one)

* Fang (instead of the MK-1 Furax. Those that got the MK-1 Furax just gets the MK-1 Furax converted into regular Furax)

Here, your choice would be about damagetype + fightingstyle:

In alternative 1: Skana for Slash + "averageness", Ankyros/Furax for Impact + speed but shorter range, Reaper for Puncture + reach but slower speed.

In atlernative 2: Skana for Slash + "averageness", Bo for Impact + reach but slower speed, Fang for Puncture + speed but shorter reach.

(Note: The Reaper could simply be the non-Prime version of Reaper Prime.)  Also, maybe make Iron Phoenix an uncommon stancemod so you have an easy-to-get stancemod for your Skana. Fracturing Wind (fists) and Reaping Spiral (scythes) both are uncommon and thus easy to get for the other 2 weaponchoices. For alternative 2, Iron Phoenix STILL could go with becoming an uncommon stancemod, while Sinking Talon and Clashing Forest could drop from more common low-level enemies.

And like with the primary and secondary weapons: All these weapons should now be available with credits, instead of crafting with resources!

Lotus should then also explain all these various differences for the player when they are about to choose their new weapons.

Doesn't this seem like an overall better way to handle the choices of questweapons?

Edited by Azamagon

The above weapons should also be changed to be credit-only weapons of course, that's a given (Will add that).

All I'm saying - There is no need to add so many new MK-1 weapons, we already have good weapon-options to be used as the newbiehelpers!

The above weapons should also be changed to be credit-only weapons of course, that's a given (Will add that).

All I'm saying - There is no need to add so many new MK-1 weapons, we already have good weapon-options to be used as the newbiehelpers!

i think the mk-1's in the tutorial where a bug IMO because it said mk-1 BO mk-1 furax and mk-1 skana so i dont think they're adding mk-1 weapons

i think the mk-1's in the tutorial where a bug IMO because it said mk-1 BO mk-1 furax and mk-1 skana so i dont think they're adding mk-1 weapons

Not a bug. Also, Lato and Skana are Lato and Skana. You get MK-1 Furax and Bo though.

The idea is to give a choice to players without having them waste their (by then) precious resources on a weapon they may or may not like. It's actually a good one, and TBH I don't think people will need to level them by obligation at the rate new content comes out.

I chose to do the prologue, despite not having to, and of course was stripped of the weapons and frame I chose.  What happens with new players?  Do they get to keep the mk-1 variants?  Meaning, are these weapons already in game past the prologue but only for the new players?

They're good credit-only and resource-free alternatives for new players to find their preferred playstyle.

I'm not a new player and I want them added to help ease players into the game.

Why is this post getting so many likes? I'm not disagreeing with this post per se, but it seems to misunderstand my intentions:

I am NOT suggesting the newbies to not have options(and obtainable otherwise with credits). I'm suggesting to NOT add NEW weapons for those choices, but instead use the already existing weapons for those choices!

Edited by Azamagon

I chose to do the prologue, despite not having to, and of course was stripped of the weapons and frame I chose.  What happens with new players?  Do they get to keep the mk-1 variants?  Meaning, are these weapons already in game past the prologue but only for the new players?

New players get to keep them apparently. And they will very likely add these new weapons to the market later.

But the point is: Having choices is a good idea, having new MK-1 versions as the choices is a bad idea, since DE could've just made some of the REGULAR weapons as the starter weapons (which is what I'm suggesting)

Edited by Azamagon

Azamagon: What you've suggested has been suggested quite a few times already, but apparently the devs either didn't see the suggestions or are against them.

And with the Mk1 weapons already in the game, not really much of a point in removing from the tutorial, adding them to the market, and then rebalancing older weapons to fit newbies for replacements to the Mk1 weapons.

Edited by CaveCricket48

New players get to keep them apparently. And they will very likely add these new weapons to the market later.

But the point is: Having choices is a good idea, having new MK-1 versions as the choices is a bad idea, since DE could've just made some of the REGULAR weapons as the starter weapons (which is what I'm suggesting)

Well I don't like new players having the ability to gain more mastery points than I can.  I don't have an excal prime or any of the other veteran only available items.  That kind of penalizes, or limits me just because I joined the game somewhere in the middle...  Add the mk-1 variants for credits, I'll level them dutifully.

yes +1 op i realy think that new lvl 0 players should be much more powerful, because thats what you should be if you start a fresh character, be the most badass dude right away, progressions just suck, but i dont realy agree on your weapon choices..

i think we should us the following

primary:

soma

penta

synapse

so we have synapse for close range ... penta for mid and soma for long range

secondary:

marelok

brakk

angstrum

same here and

meele:

jat kittag

dragon nikana

dual ichor

so we heave something heavy, a sword and some dual stuff

so with this loadout i hope mercury isnt still too hard, otherwise we maybe can also change the level of this planate to lvl -5 - 0 .. enemies that spawn with negative level die right away upon spawn

i also think we should scrap the resource grind overall and just sell every weapon for credits alone, or man no that doesnt make sense ... just scrap all resources at all and just hand out weapons for free

oh and another idea .. i think new players should get 20 orokin catalysts and reactors to get somehow started and a few, maybe just 40-50 legendary, fusion cores .. because without maxed mods, you not gonna get into t4 with lvl 0 and that doesnt feel right somehow

Azamagon: What you've suggested has been suggested quite a few times already, but apparently the devs either didn't see the suggestions or are against them.

And with the Mk1 weapons already in the game, not really much of a point in removing from the tutorial, adding them to the market, and then rebalancing older weapons to fit newbies for replacements to the Mk1 weapons.

Well, the "harm" can still be corrected if they converted their MK-1 versions into the standard versions of the weapons (which is what I mean too, obviously... or maybe not obvious enough?).

Besides, the differences between the MK-1 weapons and their regular counterparts are very, very small, so I don't see why they even added these MK-1 versions!

Also, what? You say that I say:

* Remove from the tutorial. Correct

* Add them to the market - What?! No, I'm saying obliterate the MK-1 weapons from all of existance, even the MK-1 Braton!

* Rebalance old weapons as replacement - Correct. Make them more balanced, convert any MK-1 weapons into their regular versions, both for the newbies that already got them, and future ones that play the tutorial.

What I'm really saying:

* Remove the MK-1 versions ENTIRELY from the game. Forget they were ever created.

* Newbies that now have their MK-1 weapons converted into the standard versions.

* Tutorials from now on, obviously, only provide the standard versions. FORGET THE MK-1 VERSIONS EVEN EXISTED!

* Nothing is added to the market

* SLIGHTLY rebalance the existing weapons a bit (which they could need anyway)

My suggestion pretty much means: Just forget these new MK-1 versions even were created, for newbies and veterans alike!

Mastery > everything ever

Mastery shouldn't be what this game is all about. I'm MR16, there is not much point just adding these weapons for Mastery, when we already have perfectly viable weapons to be starter weapons already. If something should increase Mastery, let it be NEW and interesting weapons. Not inferior copy+paste versions...

Well I don't like new players having the ability to gain more mastery points than I can.  I don't have an excal prime or any of the other veteran only available items.  That kind of penalizes, or limits me just because I joined the game somewhere in the middle...  Add the mk-1 variants for credits, I'll level them dutifully.

Wha... I don't even... Oo

Where did I ever say the new players will get more mastery points than anyone else? The MK-1 weapons will be completely removed (replaced with their normal counterparts for the newbies that have the MK-1 versions). How wasn't that understandable enough?? Do I really need to babysit your brains THAT much to understand the point I'm trying to make?

- unnecessary hyperbole -

Really now? Very funny, haha -.-

Have you even seen the difference between the MK-1 versions and the regular versions? They are just VERY slightly weaker than their normal versions, meaning, having MK-1 versions of them in the first place is unnecessary.

Holy crap, these forums... honestly people, can you please use BOTH of your braincells you damagedly possess? Is it really that hard to understand what I mean?!

Edited by Azamagon

In my opinion the new MK1 weapons should all go to the Market aswell, it would be unfair for other players not being able to obtain them. Its 18K Mastery that would be unobtainable for older players. If not added to the market then DE would have to remove the new MK1s from the players after they completed the prologue and give them the old starters (Mk1 Braton, Lato, Skana).

In my opinion the new MK1 weapons should all go to the Market aswell, it would be unfair for other players not being able to obtain them. Its 18K Mastery that would be unobtainable for older players. If not added to the market then DE would have to remove the new MK1s from the players after they completed the prologue and give them the old starters (Mk1 Braton, Lato, Skana).

*facepalm*

Yeah, just avoid reading everything I said -.-

yes +1 op i realy think that new lvl 0 players should be much more powerful, because thats what you should be if you start a fresh character, be the most badass dude right away, progressions just suck, but i dont realy agree on your weapon choices..

i think we should us the following

primary:

soma

penta

synapse

so we have synapse for close range ... penta for mid and soma for long range

secondary:

marelok

brakk

angstrum

same here and

meele:

jat kittag

dragon nikana

dual ichor

so we heave something heavy, a sword and some dual stuff

so with this loadout i hope mercury isnt still too hard, otherwise we maybe can also change the level of this planate to lvl -5 - 0 .. enemies that spawn with negative level die right away upon spawn

i also think we should scrap the resource grind overall and just sell every weapon for credits alone, or man no that doesnt make sense ... just scrap all resources at all and just hand out weapons for free

oh and another idea .. i think new players should get 20 orokin catalysts and reactors to get somehow started and a few, maybe just 40-50 legendary, fusion cores .. because without maxed mods, you not gonna get into t4 with lvl 0 and that doesnt feel right somehow

The sarcasm is strong with this one

Guest Tehnoobshow

... DON'T DO IT! Yes, having choices for the newbies is a great new addition and I want that to stay. But adding new MK-1 weapons are completely unnecessary additions! Their regular versions could be used instead as the choices for the newbies, with some tweaks and changes, of course.

EDIT:

*sigh* I guess I STILL wasn't clear enough here... What I mean is:

* The newbies that now have MK-1 weapons, get their MK-1 weapons converted into the STANDARD versions.

* Don't add ANY MK-1 weapons to the market or anywhere else. In fact, all MK-1 weapons, both old and new, are all COMPLETELY scrapped (or converted for those that already have them, as mentioned above). They are completely unnecessary!

* All the "new", regular choices I have suggested instead, are all changed to be obtainable for credits on the market now (and obtainable as weapon choices in the tutorial of course).

Is it clear enough now??

So, that said, here are the proposed new choices for the newbies.

Primary choices:

* Braton (not MK1, that one is changed entirely)

* Strun (not MK1, the STANDARD one! If you have an MK-1 version, it is converted into a REGULAR one)

* Paris (not MK1, the STANDARD one! If you have an MK-1 version, it is converted into a REGULAR one)

First, make all these 3 weapons have equal distribution of the 3 damagetypes (Braton already has it). Second, remove or revamp Mk-1 Braton to a completely different weapon (Like, change its name and model and drastically improve its damage per bullet. There ya go, a slowfiring, accurate and hardhitting assault rifle, a new niche!). Third, all these weapons should now be available with credits, instead of crafting with resources!

These 3 choices would then be about what range you wanna fight: Paris for long range, Strun for close range, Braton for versatile range.

Secondary choices:

* Lato (the regular one, as now)

* Furis (not MK1, the STANDARD one! If you have an MK-1 version, it is converted into a REGULAR one)

* Sicarus (instead of the MK-1 Kunai. Those that got the MK-1 Kunai just gets the MK-1 Kunai converted into regular Kunai)

Just like on Primaries, make all these 3 weapons have equal distribution of the 3 damagetypes. Secondly, buff Lato to a damage of around 21 or so (7 damage of each type). Third, all these weapons should now be available with credits, instead of crafting with resources!

These 3 choices would then be about the triggertype you prefer: Lato is semi, Furis is auto, Sicarus is burst.

Melee choices:

* Ankyros/Furax (not MK1, the STANDARD one! If you have an MK-1 version, it is converted into a REGULAR one)

* "Reaper" (the only NEW weapon I'm suggesting here)

Here, your choice would be about damagetype + fightingstyle: Skana for Slash + "averageness", Ankyros/Furax for Impact + speed but shorter range, Reaper for Puncture + reach but slower speed.

The Reaper could simply be the non-Prime version of Reaper Prime. Some more ideas and thoughts. Also, maybe make Iron Phoenix an uncommon stancemod so you have an easy-to-get stancemod for your Skana. Fracturing Wind (fists) and Reaping Spiral (scythes) both are uncommon and thus easy to get for the other 2 weaponchoices.

And like with the primary and secondary weapons: All these weapons should now be available with credits, instead of crafting with resources!

Lotus should then also explain all these various differences for the player when they are about to choose their new weapons.

Doesn't this seem like an overall better way to handle the choices of questweapons?

That would require a small scale account reset from DE since people already have the extra mastery. Also, what about people who have the regular version in their foundry? How is it suppose to craft if there is no recipe anymore(they'll be bought for credits)? It's already happened, so it'll be really messy to change it.

Besides this isn't even close to the worst problem with the new player experience. We're used to getting useless weapons anyway.

The real problem is that the broken mods don't fix anything. Once the +40% Serration can't do enough damage you still have to go farm for the regular Serration.

Given the majority of your posts/topics, this is a good thing.

The MKs help the newbies choose between different weapons, stuff they can get for credits. They get to experience new things/different playstyles quite easily. This is a good thing.

Wow, you just posted here to bash on me for no good reason?

If you actually took the time to read my OP, you'd see that i'd make it even BETTER for the newbies by suggesting to make their choices between regular-versioned weapons, not weaker MK-1 versions + making these regular-version available for credits etc... But sure, go ahead and bash without any justifiying reasons...