Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Scrambler No! Color Palette No!

VariableZero

Hi guys,

I have been reading a lot about the concerns with kubrow color and fur patterns. I agree with the majority that Kubrow Scrambler with the usage of platinum was a big no no. ( I was a sucker for using this feature aswell :) ) On the other hand, I also don't approve of the idea of buying fur patterns and using existing color palettes. I believe that this would first hinder the idea of genes and make kubrows less exciting in general.

Here is what i propose, Make a craft-able item " gene mutation" that will again random your kubrow colors with the exception of being able to pick a desired base color. This then will randomly generate a kubrow containing your desired color which can be the whole kubrow to the miniscule detail. With a more common chance of getting a dominant trait then a recessive trait pattern. This ensure a fair experience as well as providing a sense of achievement and rarity. For the gene imprints, this will not destroy the idea of dominant and recessive genes for breeding imprints. All in all, this is my opinion of this matter as I don't want to see plat being resumed as the only viable way to obtain said colors and customizations, but lean towards the game mechanics side of crafting and being surprised for the rare to happen.

Thanks

In Summary
- No more plat scramblers ( good)
- No plat on fur patterns and existing color palette
-Craft-able item " gene mutation" to ensure fair experience
-Keep dominant and recessive traits in the game
-Lean towards the mechanical side of the game instead of a plat happy

i just wanted to use the colors palettes i had to make my kubrow pink T_T

but yes i would agree with you....it keeps plat out of the question...but since eggs take time, incubation takes time, maturity takes time....i can understand why ppl would rather just have a plat option

I believe one of the most popular ideas was to have players be able to choose the design of their Kubrow, but for a higher platinum cost. The player would have to pick out of the current available Kubrow colors (nothing crazy), and the current patterns.

i just wanted to use the colors palettes i had to make my kubrow pink T_T

but yes i would agree with you....it keeps plat out of the question...but since eggs take time, incubation takes time, maturity takes time....i can understand why ppl would rather just have a plat option

I can see why it would be nice to use color palettes to paint your kubrow pink. But, this whole destroy the whole idea of imprinting that DE put together dominant and recessive genes. I am sure that there will be cosmetics comming out in the future for kubrows which would allow you to paint them with your color palettes which can be pink!

I believe one of the most popular ideas was to have players be able to choose the design of their Kubrow, but for a higher platinum cost. The player would have to pick out of the current available Kubrow colors (nothing crazy), and the current patterns.

I thought it'd be the other way around, where you can buy patterns separately and use owned color palettes to color them.

I would have  to agree with the OP. Being able to pick the exact pattern you want would kinda defeat the purpose of rarity and breeding for patterns. But the scramblers was the wrong way to do things and being able to choose a colour or a general area of colours you can get would be nice.

I thought it'd be the other way around, where you can buy patterns separately and use owned color palettes to color them.

Ohh no, DE has already stated they do not want pink, lime green, and other crazy colored Kubrows.

Yes

The issue wasn't paying plat for a cosmetic. The issue was paying plat for a randomized cosmetic with a high chance to get the same look thwt you paid to get rid of (normally white). Out of the ten rolls I did on one kubrow I got my original look 4 times. I would have been fine paying a higher plat price for a look I wanted and knew what I was getting. I'm not willing to play a lottery on a cosmetic item in this game. If I wanted to do that I would log on to Tera.

i kinda like it that we cant scramble gives us a reason to breed now they need a way to get rid of kubrows and i would effing hate having to pay plat for a color pallet leave it to the kubrows and their genes

^ leave it to the kubrows and their genes. The kubrow isn't a rainbow species, if you want a neon color kubrow maybe paint their accessories when they are released?

Edited by VariableZero

In Summary

- No more plat scramblers ( good)

- No plat on fur patterns and existing color palette

-Craft-able item " gene mutation" to ensure fair experience

-Keep dominant and recessive traits in the game

-Lean towards the mechanical side of the game instead of a plat happy

"Gene mutation" and fur color deserve their own special content and system, that if DE is doing it right could lead Warframe to an unforeseen and powerful potential that no other games can compare.

"Gene mutation" and fur color deserve their own special content and system, that if DE is doing it right could lead Warframe to an unforeseen and powerful potential that no other games can compare.

Actually being able to be in control of the genetic engineering/manipulation would be great, would fit with the Kubrow lore of being genetically engineered by the Orokin (random eggs from feral kubrows wouldn't necessarily be genetically engineered for our purposes) would allow us to pour different resources into our Kubrows that would yield different results. I'd prefer that over some random process. Everything about their lore suggests that their genetic engineering by the Orokin was not random, but very specific to their purposes. We should not be popping out random types of Kubrows. We should have to get the egg, and then farm/buy resources to put into this Kubrow to bring about a Kubrow that is tailored to our needs. Sure, it might mean a lot of resources, but I'd rather to this than have random Kubrow.