Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Understanding Kubrow Races (Classes)

Renathy

Question

UPDATE: The guide was finally created, which you can take a look at here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huras - The Stealth Kubrow

- Hunt: Powerful lunging attacks, much like the feral Kubrows.

- Stalk: Can go invisible (Seems to be broken at the moment. Goes invisible at random times, and returns to normal at random times as well.).

Overall: Seems to be okay for players who want to go stealth missions, otherwise it's just sort of useless. Shade does a better job, in my opinion (Not sure whether it attacks when the player is stealthy.).

Raksa - The Support Kubrow

- Howl: Much like Nekros's Terrify, I believe.

- Protect: Identical to the Sentinel's Guardian ability.

Sahasa - The Recon Kubrow

- Dig: Digs items from under the ground (Players have reported it to be useless, as it digs common loot.).

- Ferocity: Special finisher attacks, on downed opponents only.

Sunika - The Assault Kubrow

- Savagery: Powerful finisher attacks.

- Unleashed: Knocks down an important target, such as a capture target (Not sure whether it works on bosses.)

Aiming to understand a bit more about each of these races. I might create a detailed guide, to help players to choose their preferred style of Kubrow.

Edited by JRMC

23 answers to this question

But can you make me understand the point of Kubrow Loyalty/Health in ship? Because I sure can't o.o

The higher the loyalty, the more damage it does. Every time your Kubrow dies, it loses loyalty. 20% to be exact, per death. Petting it gives it 20% more loyalty, but you can only do it three times a day, which adds up to 60% in a day.

I do not understand the Kubrow's health that well. It seems that it goes down by 20% per day, and you're forced to administer a DNA stabilizer if it gets too low. Wiki states that it only recovers 40% of the Kubrow's health. Not sure what happens when it gets to 0%, or a negative value, if it's possible.

The higher the loyalty, the more damage it does. Every time your Kubrow dies, it loses loyalty. 20% to be exact, per death. Petting it gives it 20% more loyalty, but you can only do it three times a day, which adds up to 60% in a day.

I do not understand the Kubrow's health that well. It seems that it goes down by 20% per day, and you're forced to administer a DNA stabilizer if it gets too low. Wiki states that it only recovers 40% of the Kubrow's health. Not sure what happens when it gets to 0%, or a negative value, if it's possible.

Thanks for those explanations, but I meant more in the way of: Why do they exist? :/

DNA stabilizers are expensive as all hell, and I really don't see the point in loyalty/health mechanics beyond wasting our time/credits. 

But maybe that is just me? I'd just like them to be like sentinels, but not.

Can you confirm this, I tried petting my Kubrow just out of stasis after the reset(8PM EDT) when 14.0.4 came out but the loyalty meter is still stuck at 60%

Can you confirm this, I tried petting my Kubrow just out of stasis after the reset(8PM EDT) when 14.0.4 came out but the loyalty meter is still stuck at 60%

I'm unsure when it resets, but my guess is that it's after 24 hours.

It's definitely possible to get into the negatives; if you look at the UI, there's both a + and - icon on health/loyalty, with a vertical dividing line in the center of the bar.

qjrSh4k.jpg

Best guess would be that it goes into negative values at the same 20% rate intervals if you let it degrade to that point, e.g. -20%, -40%, etc. but the graph on the UI definitely tells us that negative values can occur.

Edited by Taranis49

i actually lost 60 loyalty with mine from one death.. been wondering if its a bug.

The finisher attacks seem to be able to trigger on standing enemies.

Hunt is pretty powerful as well, with Bite and Maul.

Dig will sometimes (rarely) bring up mods, seems to be from a random pool.

Protect does not work like Guardian - it triggers before shields get to 0, seems to happen about twice as often and doesn't provide full shields all the time. The Kubrow sometimes uses it on itself, so it's great for survivability.

Basically, I'd bring Raksa for utility, and bring either Huras or Sunkia for damage. Sahasa would be useful for going AFK overnight or something, lol.

Edited by Darzk

The finisher attacks seem to be able to trigger on standing enemies.

Hunt is pretty powerful as well, with Bite and Maul.

Dig will sometimes (rarely) bring up mods, seems to be from a random pool.

Protect does not work like Guardian - it triggers before shields get to 0, seems to happen about twice as often and doesn't provide full shields all the time. The Kubrow sometimes uses it on itself, so it's great for survivability.

Basically, I'd bring Raksa for utility, and bring either Huras or Sunkia for damage. Sahasa would be useful for going AFK overnight or something, lol.

Thank you for the information.

The Sunika Kubrow loves to give out hugs, and proceeding to bite heads off, with a maxed bite and maul it tends to 1 hit a lot of enemies so far. (Infested on pluto wave 5 sechura)

Edited by Triple_8