Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Total Number Of Combinations For Customising A Warframe

Renegade343

I found out that if we were to buy all the colour palettes (including the holiday and event ones), then the total number of combinations for customising a Warframe is: 

One colour palette: 90 colours

Total colour palettes: 17 palettes (if memory serves correct)

Total combinations: 

nCr(1530, 1) * nCr(1530, 1) * nCr(1530, 1) * nCr(1530, 1) = 5.47981E12

Just saying to realise the sheer colour customisation options for our Warframes (and other equipment).

You're neglecting to include each possibility for Syandana, armor piece, alternate helmet, and if the warframe has an immortal skin or not. Also consider that certain warframes have their own things, like the Mortos Syandana.

For those, you have to at least double that number on colours.

EDIT: Let's assume that each Warframe currently DOES ahve an immortal skin and two alternate helmets, as, so far, every warframe has GOTTEN these.

SO, nintey colours per pallete, at seventeen palletes, comes out to 1530 colours total, and we have 2 alternate colour options, so that's an additional 1530 for the attachments. We'll be excluding event and clan badges, as these are situational, and not everyone has them. We WILL be including the alternate animations.

Each Warframe has (Again, we're going to assume they do for this) two alternate helmets, and their immortal skin, so that adds more to it, but there's more colourable parts, the armor sets and various syandana. We also have to include "Nothing" as a base option, so:

Base options for frames:

Nothing + COlour: 1530

Alt Helmet 1+Colour: 1530

Alt Helmet 2+Colour: 1530

Immortal Skin+ Colour: 1530

Alt Helmet 1+ Immortal Skin+ Colour: 1530

Alt Helmet 2+ Immortal Skin + Colour: 1530

And we'll assume these are all with "no" animation changes, giving us a total of 9180 colour combinations per animation set, before taking Attachments and the second set of colours we can set for those into account.

With animations, we're looking at a total of 27540 colours, with alternate helmets, and immortal skin options.

For Attachments, we are going to assume that "Nothing" is an option, and we're going to disclude "Special" things like Valkyr's Bonds and the Mortos Syandana.

8 Syandana

5 Chest Plates

5 Left Shoulder Pads

5 Right Shoulder Pads

5 Left Ankle Plates

5 Right Ankle Plates

Now, this one's trickier to do, so give me a moment to think it out.

EDIT 2: Yeah, to get the second set properly done, we have to take into account we can only equip one from each of the second item's pool at a time, so we have to multiply those together, leading to a total of: 25000 total options just for equipped armor parts. since EACH of those can have the same colour set, we multiply each specific "Set" of armor by the colour options, 1530 again:

38,250,000 TOTAL armor options. If we take this, and plug in each option for alternate helmet, skin, and colour set, we're looking at a total of: 1,053,405,000,000,000,000 Different cosmetic options. Simplified that is; 1.053405^12

Edited by Mewfan

You're neglecting to include each possibility for Syandana, armor piece, alternate helmet, and if the warframe has an immortal skin or not. Also consider that certain warframes have their own things, like the Mortos Syandana.

For those, you have to at least double that number on colours.

EDIT: Let's assume that each Warframe currently DOES ahve an immortal skin and two alternate helmets, as, so far, every warframe has GOTTEN these.

SO, nintey colours per pallete, at seventeen palletes, comes out to 1530 colours total, and we have 2 alternate colour options, so that's an additional 1530 for the attachments. We'll be excluding event and clan badges, as these are situational, and not everyone has them. We WILL be including the alternate animations.

Each Warframe has (Again, we're going to assume they do for this) two alternate helmets, and their immortal skin, so that adds more to it, but there's more colourable parts, the armor sets and various syandana. We also have to include "Nothing" as a base option, so:

Base options for frames:

Nothing + COlour: 1530

Alt Helmet 1+Colour: 1530

Alt Helmet 2+Colour: 1530

Immortal Skin+ Colour: 1530

Alt Helmet 1+ Immortal Skin+ Colour: 1530

Alt Helmet 2+ Immortal Skin + Colour: 1530

And we'll assume these are all with "no" animation changes, giving us a total of 9180 colour combinations per animation set, before taking Attachments and the second set of colours we can set for those into account.

With animations, we're looking at a total of 27540 colours, with alternate helmets, and immortal skin options.

For Attachments, we are going to assume that "Nothing" is an option, and we're going to disclude "Special" things like Valkyr's Bonds and the Mortos Syandana.

8 Syandana

5 Chest Plates

5 Left Shoulder Pads

5 Right Shoulder Pads

5 Left Ankle Plates

5 Right Ankle Plates

Now, this one's trickier to do, so give me a moment to think it out.

EDIT 2: Yeah, to get the second set properly done, we have to take into account we can only equip one from each of the second item's pool at a time, so we have to multiply those together, leading to a total of: 25000 total options just for equipped armor parts. since EACH of those can have the same colour set, we multiply each specific "Set" of armor by the colour options, 1530 again:

38,250,000 TOTAL armor options. If we take this, and plug in each option for alternate helmet, skin, and colour set, we're looking at a total of: 1,053,405,000,000,000,000 Different cosmetic options. Simplified that is; 1.053405^12

I only meant to calculate the total number of combinations of colouring a Warframe. 

Math was my weakest subject, sorry :T

Did I miss something with my calculations? I know that Valkyr and Nekros have different numbers, and I discluded specific "Prime Access" items as well.

Let us see: 

Alternate helmets: Assume each Warframe has three in total. nCr(3, 1) = 3

Cosmetic Armour: Chest, Left Arm, Right Arm, Right Leg, Left Leg. nCr(4, 1) * nCr(4, 1) * nCr(4, 1) * nCr(4, 1) * nCr(4, 1) = 1024

Syanadas: Assume a standard Warframe (not Nekros or Valkyr), with all the Syanadas available (Prime Access, Steam stuff) except for PS4 exclusive or Nekros/Valkyr exclusive Syanadas. nCr(12, 1) = 12

Alternate skins: Assume only Immortal and normal skin. nCr(2, 1) = 2

Emblems: Assume all Clan + Event Emblems. nCr(12, 1) = 12

Idle Animations: nCr(3, 1) = 3

No. of combinations to fully customise a Warframe: 

5.47981E12 * 3 * 1024 * 12 * 2 * 12 * 3 = 1.45446E19

Quite a bit. 

Actually, if we were to use permutations, it would be a much higher number. Just saying.

Edited by Renegade343

Let us see: 

Alternate helmets: Assume each Warframe has three in total. nCr(3, 1) = 3

Cosmetic Armour: Chest, Left Arm, Right Arm, Right Leg, Left Leg. nCr(4, 1) * nCr(4, 1) * nCr(4, 1) * nCr(4, 1) * nCr(4, 1) = 1024

Syanadas: Assume a standard Warframe (not Nekros or Valkyr), with all the Syanadas available (Prime Access, Steam stuff) except for PS4 exclusive or Nekros/Valkyr exclusive Syanadas. nCr(12, 1) = 12

Alternate skins: Assume only Immortal and normal skin. nCr(2, 1) = 2

Emblems: Assume all Clan + Event Emblems. nCr(12, 1) = 12

Idle Animations: nCr(3, 1) = 3

No. of combinations to fully customise a Warframe: 

5.47981E12 * 3 * 1024 * 12 * 2 * 12 * 3 = 1.45446E19

Quite a bit. 

I personally left out clan/event emblems, as changes, and people joining have various reasons why they won't have any. But I did see I missed soemthing, I considered "No" helmet change, and both alts for mine as well, and did leave out the special syandana.

I personally left out clan/event emblems, as changes, and people joining have various reasons why they won't have any. But I did see I missed soemthing, I considered "No" helmet change, and both alts for mine as well, and did leave out the special syandana.

Next time: Differentiation. 

How do you guys even...?  I have a terrible time with pre-algebra.  My brain shut down trying to read half of what you guys posted.

Most of mine is just additiona dn multiplicatin, to keep it simple :T

But re-reading it, I can't believe I was smarterer enough to do that math x.x

I'M ON SUMMER BREAK! TO HELL WITH ANY MATH!

5d85ad5aca607991957d61edf408765b13663992

I say that, but sadly, I still find myself using math..

I also thoughtn I was done with biology, but thanks to Monster Hunter, whenever I see *ANY* sort of creature in a game now, I'll spend time analyzing it, until I can puzzle out its ecology :Y

I say that, but sadly, I still find myself using math..

I also thoughtn I was done with biology, but thanks to Monster Hunter, whenever I see *ANY* sort of creature in a game now, I'll spend time analyzing it, until I can puzzle out its ecology :Y

Done with differentiation with the Warframe Differentiation thread.