Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Kubrows Rescue Mission And Kubrows Maintenance And Loyalty

DLz47

Hi guys! As the title says, instead of literally kidnap an egg, by killing his family and destroying his house (if the little Kubrow could understand that he is on our ship because we kidnapped him, his loyalty would drop at -100%), why, we can't have a rescue mission instead?
The story of the mission: The Grineer are exterminating Kubrows because they want conquer the Earth and Kubrow are too aggressive, are a problem for Grineer, so they want kill them all. Lotus says that even if Kubrows are aggressive beasts, they are part of Earth equilibrium, so we have to stop this massacre. The ship lands to Eprime (or maybe a new node dedicated to this mission), and we start an extermination mission against the Grineer. Unfortunately all the Kubrow are already dead and the dens are already destroyed, but we have to search for survivals. So, sometimes we find an egg, other times we don't find it. But at the end, we have SAVED a Kubrow, not kidnapped.

Kubrows mantinance: Why the DNA of our Kubrow degrades? The Feral Kubrow on Earth has not this problem, and we do not clone a Kubrow, an incubator takes the place of the mom. Becouse the mom died, we have to incubate the egg. Incubator = artificial mom, we do not clone, so we do not have a disease that slowly kills our Kubrows and We should not be forced to play for credits. And if I can play only 1h per day, and I do want play others kind of missions? Someone says that i should put the Kubrow in stasy, well, NO, this is not a solution becouse we have to wait 3h or rush for 10 plat (seriously?).
Instead, the Kubrow has to eat, ok. So put a food reserve on the market that can last 1 week at the cost of 10k credits (is a void mission reward, every one, even new players can afford it).

Kubrows loyalty: I can train my dog, when he is young and weak, I bring him in the easiest missions, and watch for him, but the AI is a problem: sometimes he stands in front of lasers, fire, and dangerous spots so watching for his health is a problem sometimes. If the Kubrow dies in a mission we lost 40% of loyalty but we can restore only 20% of that, in one day. This makes the Kubrow really annoying to use. If he dies for 1 time he deals -20% (if you restore the loyalty) of the damage and for a new Kubrow is a problem, becouse if you bring again in a mission he will die for sure. Even if he is not young a -40% Kubrow will die. So, just let us restore the loyalty that he lose for entire.

This are just ideas, maybe they are totally wrong, but I just want try to help.

Thanks

Edited by DLz47

Hi guys! As the title says, instead of literally kidnap an egg, by killing his family and destroying his house (if the little Kubrow could understand that he is on our ship because we kidnapped him, his loyalty would drop at -100%), why, we can't have a rescue mission instead?

The story of the mission: The Grineer are exterminating Kubrows because they want conquer the Earth and Kubrow are too aggressive, are a problem for Grineer, so they want kill them all. Lotus says that even if Kubrows are aggressive beasts, they are part of Earth equilibrium, so we have to stop this massacre. The ship lands to Eprime (or maybe a new node dedicated to this mission), and we start an extermination mission against the Grineer. Unfortunately all the Kubrow are already dead and the dens are already destroyed, but we have to search for survivals. So, sometimes we find an egg, other times we don't find it. But at the end, we have SAVED a Kubrow, not kidnapped.

Kubrows mantinance: Why the DNA of our Kubrow degrades? The Feral Kubrow on Earth has not this problem, and we do not clone a Kubrow, an incubator takes the place of the mom. Becouse the mom died, we have to incubate the egg. Incubator = artificial mom, we do not clone, so we do not have a disease that slowly kills our Kubrows and We should not be forced to play for credits. And if I can play only 1h per day, and I do want play others kind of missions? Someone says that i should put the Kubrow in stasy, well, NO, this is not a solution becouse we have to wait 3h or rush for 10 plat (seriously?).

Instead, the Kubrow has to eat, ok. So put a food reserve on the market that can last 1 week at the cost of 10k credits (is a void mission reward, every one, even new players can afford it).

Kubrows loyalty: I can train my dog, when he is young and weak, I bring him in the easiest missions, and watch for him, but the AI is a problem: sometimes he stands in front of lasers, fire, and dangerous spots so watching for his health is a problem sometimes. If the Kubrow dies in a mission we lost 40% of loyalty but we can restore only 20% of that, in one day. This makes the Kubrow really annoying to use. If he dies for 1 time he deals -20% (if you restore the loyalty) of the damage and for a new Kubrow is a problem, becouse if you bring again in a mission he will die for sure. Even if he is not young a -40% Kubrow will die. So, just let us restore the loyalty that he lose for entire.

Thanks

I agree, the method of getting kubrow eggs is downright neolithic. Aren't Tenno supposed to be defenders of the environment... Cicero crisis anyone?

Edited by YourBusDriver

I think he's right dear DE listen to what he says

Thanks!

I agree, the method of getting kubrow eggs is downright neolithic. Aren't Tenno supposed to be defenders of the environment... Cicero crisis anyone?

Also, all the mods that drop from Kubrows, should drop from Grineer Forest, instead. Tenno should not attack creatures, just for loot but only for self defense.

Edited by DLz47

Thanks

afaik you can restore 60% loyalty in one day (3x 20%), but still, the way the whole loyalty mechanic works turns it into a chore...especially if a kubrow died because of buggy ai or other bugs.

the reset mechanic is also flawed, because (if you want a 100% loyal kubrow), you have to spent one of your 3 loyalty actions directly after the reset, because the kubrow not only looses loyalty upon death, but also over time. leaving you with 2 actions for the remainder of the day.

so your kubrow dies in that period, you have to use the remaining 2 actions to get it back up to 100% (which means it can die once a day without suffering penalties).

so, adjustments need to be made to make kubrows an enjoyable affair rater than the chore it can become now:

- the player needs more than 3 loyalty actions per day

- a loyalty action needs to restore more than 20%

- the resets needs to be based on the time of use (or at least there need to be regionally different reset times), not one general, worldwide timer. (this also applies for everything that uses this reset timer, argon crystals, revives, log on rewards...) at the very least this timer needs to be visible (like with argon crystals).

- the kubrows need to be "fixed" overall to make them a player asset rather than an annoyance. right now they seem to use the same ai logic and engine feedback that allies use in invasion missions aka they are treated by the engine as enemies, who don't fire at you but the common opponent.

for example: closing doors can kill enemies if they are caught in them. the same happens to kubrows. the player does not suffer any effect from closing doors, because normally they just don't close on him. kubrows standing in a doorframe should just as well prevent doors from closing (or they should just not die from a door closing on them, they should be shoved towards the side of the door the player stands on).

- there needs to be a message popping up on screen when the kubrow dies, because 3 seconds (without mods) is not enough time to realize your kubrow died, orientate yourself and find your way back there to revive it. a relatively loud, recognisable kubrow cry of death should also happen, because there can be so much happening on screen that you just don't see any messages popping up in the heat of battle. having a secondary alert can help mitigate that.

- there should be more hints and explanations how everything works, right now too much is guess work. combined with the high ressource and time investments necessary, experimenting to find things out is frustrating.

- how much health does a dna stabilizer restore?

- how much does a loyalty action restore?

- how much loyalty actions do i have left? (why do i have to keep track of that myself?)

- what happens if loyalty/food drops to -100%?

- what happens when a kubrow dies in a mission?

regarding food/DNA:

it doesn't matter, gameplay-wise, how it's named, it just needs to be less expensive. 100k is just too much...

while i share the OP's thoughts and feelings about the immersion/plausibility of how to obtain a kubrow and why i "feed" it injections, i think the gameplay ones take priority. because without fun gameplay, you can have as much immersion as you want, you won't like it...

Edited by gorg_graggel

he loyality system is nice i think nut you need to be able to pet your kubrow more often like use the sytem of mister fibonatchi  ( or how it is spelled) 

in the beginning ti would take 1 interaction to bring the loyality 20% up 2nd time 2/1 times 3th time 5/2 times 4th 7/3 time and 5th 12/5 etc. or something like that 

yes, the idea behind the system(s) is (are) fine...it's the(ir) execution/balance that is flawed.

my bullet points above are to be seen as suggestions in terms of which ones are included in what way.

they don't necessarily need to be integrated all at once. a compromise needs to be found to achieve whatever DE wanted to achieve and how it plays out in reality.

Edited by gorg_graggel

afaik you can restore 60% loyalty in one day (3x 20%), but still, the way the whole loyalty mechanic works turns it into a chore...especially if a kubrow died because of buggy ai or other bugs.

the reset mechanic is also flawed, because (if you want a 100% loyal kubrow), you have to spent one of your 3 loyalty actions directly after the reset, because the kubrow not only looses loyalty upon death, but also over time. leaving you with 2 actions for the remainder of the day.

so your kubrow dies in that period, you have to use the remaining 2 actions to get it back up to 100% (which means it can die once a day without suffering penalties).

so, adjustments need to be made to make kubrows an enjoyable affair rater than the chore it can become now:

- the player needs more than 3 loyalty actions per day

- a loyalty action needs to restore more than 20%

- the resets needs to be based on the time of use (or at least there need to be regionally different reset times), not one general, worldwide timer. (this also applies for everything that uses this reset timer, argon crystals, revives, log on rewards...) at the very least this timer needs to be visible (like with argon crystals).

- the kubrows need to be "fixed" overall to make them a player asset rather than an annoyance. right now they seem to use the same ai logic and engine feedback that allies use in invasion missions aka they are treated by the engine as enemies, who don't fire at you but the common opponent.

for example: closing doors can kill enemies if they are caught in them. the same happens to kubrows. the player does not suffer any effect from closing doors, because normally they just don't close on him. kubrows standing in a doorframe should just as well prevent doors from closing (or they should just not die from a door closing on them, they should be shoved towards the side of the door the player stands on).

- there needs to be a message popping up on screen when the kubrow dies, because 3 seconds (without mods) is not enough time to realize your kubrow died, orientate yourself and find your way back there to revive it. a relatively loud, recognisable kubrow cry of death should also happen, because there can be so much happening on screen that you just don't see any messages popping up in the heat of battle. having a secondary alert can help mitigate that.

- there should be more hints and explanations how everything works, right now too much is guess work. combined with the high ressource and time investments necessary, experimenting to find things out is frustrating.

- how much health does a dna stabilizer restore?

- how much does a loyalty action restore?

- how much loyalty actions do i have left? (why do i have to keep track of that myself?)

- what happens if loyalty/food drops to -100%?

- what happens when a kubrow dies in a mission?

regarding food/DNA:

it doesn't matter, gameplay-wise, how it's named, it just needs to be less expensive. 100k is just too much...

while i share the OP's thoughts and feelings about the immersion/plausibility of how to obtain a kubrow and why i "feed" it injections, i think the gameplay ones take priority. because without fun gameplay, you can have as much immersion as you want, you won't like it...

Yes, you can restore 60% of loyalty per day, but as you said, without suffering penalties, he can die only one time. So we end at the same result: we can restore the loyalty only once, (implied: without penalties).

I agree with your ideas and we need fixes.

DNA stabilizer restores 40% of the bonus

If loyalty drops at -100% you can not bring your Kubrow in a mission until you restore 20% of loyalty

If DNA drops to -100% the Kubrow die forever.

The name is important not for the gameplay, but for the consistency: we do not clone, so the DNA does not decrease. Of course food/DNA has to be less expensive. And of course, the gameplay come first.

he loyality system is nice i think nut you need to be able to pet your kubrow more often like use the sytem of mister fibonatchi  ( or how it is spelled) 

in the beginning ti would take 1 interaction to bring the loyality 20% up 2nd time 2/1 times 3th time 5/2 times 4th 7/3 time and 5th 12/5 etc. or something like that 

But in this way, if you have to pet your Kubrow more often, you have to spend more time to pet him instead of playing. And for people that play a little, this is not good. I would prefer that if my Kubrow loses for example 60% of loyalty i'm able to pet him and restore that amount in once. Or even if one pat brings only the 20% of loyalty, give me the option to pet him as much as I want per day.