Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix Difficulty Problems

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

Today my post is in regards to difficulty in the game (not balancing it).

Solo

I think that solo players deserve their own balancing so here is my suggestion:

When choosing a mission if you are in solo matchmaking next to the matchmaking option a new menu will appear which is "difficulty" here you have options:

Normal-Default option, nothing special

Rogue-Here the game treats you as two players so more enemy spawning in (which means more XP for the player)

Warrior-Even more enemies spawning in as if three players were playing the game

Tenno-Most enemy spawn with 20% xp boost as if four players were in

Matchmaking

For those that  want to challenge themselves, similar option except it applies only if most of the squad has it enabled or if the host of a key puts it there

Normal-Default option, nothing special

Rogue-20% harder and 10% XP boost

Warrior-40% harder and 25% XP boost

Tenno-60-80% harder and 50% XP boost

Additionally you can enable nightmare mode for keys for an additional 20% XP boost on T2 or higher and OD

Most of the values are just to give a rough example of course.

What do you think?

Edited by noveltyhero

Its clear that the community will never be all on the same page here so a choice of difficulty should be implemented imo

I for one really hate bullet sponges and having to hide behind cover all the time.

Let people who like hiding behind cover have their insane difficulty and us casuals our fun.

I'm curious to know who even plays nightmare mode ? Got all the mods and then never touched nightmare again.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Its clear that the community will never be all on the same page here so a choice of difficulty should be implemented imo

I for one really hate bullet sponges and having to hide behind cover all the time.

Let people who like hiding behind cover have their insane difficulty and us casuals our fun.

I'm curious to know who even plays nightmare mode ? Got all the mods and then never touched nightmare again.

I imagine some people would like the challenge of running Lepanthis with nightmare mod :D

I imagine some people would like the challenge of running Lepanthis with nightmare mod :D

Yeah some people maybe but not me ever.

I guess im a filthy casual then, this community made me realise that.

I really really hate dying in this game, I have all maxed gear and know how to play, I just want to play and have fun not stress out and use 4 revives per game.

I really really hate dying in this game, I have all maxed gear and know how to play, I just want to play and have fun not stress out and use 4 revives per game.

There is a time and a place for a hard core experience for me Warframe just isn't it, like you I play because its fun to kill so many enemies in devastating ways :D

But that doesn't mean I don't like a challenge every now and then I mean PVP provided that but PVE should do too

• 2 weeks later...

No. This idea only works when you have perfectly balanced classes and the min-max system has clear end-posts, ie something closer to Global Agenda or Guild Wars missions you run at 20th level.

Here, an unranked frame can simply equip a 10K DPS gun and mow everything down.

Your system works if the weapons are like in a game of CoD, ie fixed, and the player level when maxed out just unlocks extra gear, like flashbangs or night vision. In such a system, double enemy count makes it FAR more dangerous when they are swarming all around and one or two bullets can kill you, when here, you are just aiming down a corridor, and double the enemy count just means an extra second of holding down the trigger.

Have a look at how Spec Ops missions work in Modern Warfare 2 for example, and what the difficulty slider does. We don't even use cover in this game 90% of the time. Your idea does not work here.

No. This idea only works when you have perfectly balanced classes and the min-max system has clear end-posts, ie something closer to Global Agenda or Guild Wars missions you run at 20th level.

Here, an unranked frame can simply equip a 10K DPS gun and mow everything down.

Your system works if the weapons are like in a game of CoD, ie fixed, and the player level when maxed out just unlocks extra gear, like flashbangs or night vision. In such a system, double enemy count makes it FAR more dangerous when they are swarming all around and one or two bullets can kill you, when here, you are just aiming down a corridor, and double the enemy count just means an extra second of holding down the trigger.

Have a look at how Spec Ops missions work in Modern Warfare 2 for example, and what the difficulty slider does. We don't even use cover in this game 90% of the time. Your idea does not work here.

Aha, I see. Thanks for clearance! :D

• 1 month later...

Agree with you. IMO rather than Ramping up enemy HP/damage/speed that effects everyone. Reverse it. If a guy picks a harder difficulty drop his shields,hp and damage.

By putting a difficulty setting on every mission simply breaks up the community even more. Its a bad direction for a co-op/social MMO to repeatedly introduce content that segments players.

Edited by CarrotSalad

Great idea, but what maddens me is that difficulty isn't just higher health and more damage. It has to be something more than that, like a new projectile, or corpus with hitscan weapons, or infested that are always affected by ancient auras even when ancients haven't spawned, etc.

Great idea, but what maddens me is that difficulty isn't just higher health and more damage. It has to be something more than that, like a new projectile, or corpus with hitscan weapons, or infested that are always affected by ancient auras even when ancients haven't spawned, etc.

That should tie into nightmare mode selection tbh. DE got nightmare mode from UT where they had "mutators" which could change the game by small or very large amounts. So maybe a secondary system there could be implemented.

By putting a difficulty setting on every mission simply breaks up the community even more. Its a bad direction for a co-op/social MMO to repeatedly introduce content that segments players.

Maybe these difficulty options would only become available once beating the game on the easier level, thus creating a mini ranking system. So players can't simply jump to their desired difficulty :/

Boosting spawn rate and enemy stats is what makes this game so broken with difficulty.

For even trying to push such suggestion through you should burn in hell sir.

or 

You simply dont know what youre doing, theres no clear explanation what happens to those who unintentionally harm other human beings.

Edited by Davoodoo

Aha, I see. Thanks for clearance! :D

I'm not saying your idea is "bad", but I'm saying giving a lot of extra reward for such modes IS bad, as players will just min-max Uber Frame setups and have somewhere better to farm then Sachura.

You do realize that you keep ALL XP you get even if you get killed, right? People would just run in, kill as much as possible at 20% extra XP, then start again. They won't get to keep drops, but who cares when all XP while you kill is at 50% more. So what then? Only give XP if you finish? That thinking just starts a new spagetti coding nightmare just to get difficulty modes balanced.

Edited by DSpite

I run it every now and again for quick and easy transmutation fodder, but that's about it.

Agree with you. IMO rather than Ramping up enemy HP/damage/speed that effects everyone. Reverse it. If a guy picks a harder difficulty drop his shields,hp and damage.

While I consider that a better idea myself, you'll probably run into the issue that most people I've seen clamoring for more difficulty around these parts are also opposed to being artificially handicapped themselves after expending all the time/effort in maxing the gear that makes the game "too easy" to begin with (funny how that works)... even though the end result's essentially the same on their end.

Completely agree in regard to solo players needing their own difficulty., match making often cannot find a squad for you and at higher levels soloing is nigh impossible because the number of enemies the game throws at you is intended of 3-4 players and will wipe the floor with you before you have a chance to do anything.

Simple put higher level missions are often rendered unplayable because there is no viable alternative to using the in game matchmaking and the matchmaking often can't find you a squad because no one else is playing that mission at the moment.

As things stand the option to solo is a waste of space outside of the first couple planets.

Edited by AzureGamerZero