Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Visual Aura Effects On Ancients Are Too Much.

Aure7

Seriously guys, all abilities you make are wonderful 3D visual shows, but you slap the most disgusting effects on ancients, eximus and hyenas (they all have area of effect stuff).

Why do they have to glow at several different colors at the same time so much that even without bloom they blind me. Are really people that blind that you had to mark them so much? They are clearly distinguishable from their colored tentacles.

And then those annoying stripes shooting out of them, locked to their position with no secondary movement. Really annoying for the eyes. Can you please find more subtle and nicer ways to mark auras for eximus guys? Maybe hyenas? Ancients should be left out entirely. Put the important info IN THE CODEX instead of making all of us read the wiki (or patch notes), then you wouldn't need to create a light show on each one of them, they are already big and distinct.

Also, these dumb effects are also incredibly ugly when resurrected enemies by nekros use them. It removes any transparency on the textures making it a mess of giant blobs and spaghetti.

I was super exited for the infested balance changes, they really needed to be harder. But I can't stand playing against them now.

Edited by Aure7

Yes. I've also noticed that lately the game is full of circles, outlines, etc. Too much. It's at the point here it's just spam. The useful information would be highlighting ancient/eximus as high priority target and not flood the whole enemy team with effects.

How about highlighting not with glows and circlea, but with a banner on the back for grineer? You know, they have the propaganda thing going on and standard-bearer would be fitting. I'm sure you can think of something similar for other factions.

How about highlighting not with glows and circlea, but with a banner on the back for grineer? You know, they have the propaganda thing going on and standard-bearer would be fitting. I'm sure you can think of something similar for other factions.

I am not sure about what banner you are talking about. 

Banner as in flag. Here are some flags from Earth:

grineer_banners.png

What I proposed there was eximus units having no glows and circles, only a banner attached to the back.Something like this (pardon the primitive image editing):

grineer_eximus.png

The point is that with this approach you can look just under banner and headshot the eximus. As opposed to current situation where every enemy and every team mate has glows and circles and there is no way to find the eximus, unless it's the one with the bubble. Another thing is that this looks a bit more realistic/immersive than fantasy-game-like glows and circles.

Edited by Grinbringer

• 1 month later...