Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overall Kubrow Feedback

NN13

WARNING: LARGE WALL OF TEXT AHEAD.

So,when we first got Kubrows,I was very excited,just like others. But that excitement turned to frustration when I got to know the ways the Kubrows have been implemented,one by one.

THE QUEST: HOWL OF KUBROW

1.Getting the Egg

Yes,I understand Warframe is all about RNG,but when doing a quest,that level of RNG will instantly drive off new players. IMHO,the first egg should have been given on the very first mission we did on E Prime when doing the quest. I can understand RNG involved in getting more eggs,but the first egg should be given to everyone who did the quest.

KUBROW BREEDING IMPLEMENTATION

I may sound a little rude,but the Kubrows were implemented the worst way possible.

Each and every step combines "RNG with PLATINUM" . This is the worst thing one can get in a game.

1.Incubation

I rushed Hydroid,I rushed Loki Prime,I rushed Mirage. But I did those because I knew what I was getting for rushing those.

But in case of Kubrows,there is no way of knowing what I will get if I rush incubation. I already have a Sunika Kubrow,so obviously I don't need another. But rushing the Incubation might result in another Sunika.

"RNG with PLATINUM"

2.Incubation with Imprints

First and foremost,there should not be an element in game where we have to rely only on trading. There should be and has to be an alternative to it in the game provided by the developers. As of now,we can only buy imprints,which are basically for fur color and patterns from other Tennos. There has to be a way of customizing fur color and patterns in the ingame market.

Now the main point...Even if I buy imprints through trading,there is no surefire way of knowing what are the dominant traits of the imprints I am using(please correct me if I am wrong but I did not find a way to know the dominant traits)

Again "RNG with PLATINUM"

3.Scrambler(Now removed)

Good thing DE decided to remove it. It was the worst *beep* idea they ever came up with.

As I said in point 2,there has to be a way of getting fur color and patterns from ingame market.

Just say which is better of the two options below...

"I buy 2 imprints of a Kubrow with Lotus mark from a trader for 200platinum(which I will never do)

and use it to get just one Kubrow(which maybe male or female,bulky or skiny...add more RNG here). Then the person I traded with uses that 200platinum for 6 months"

OR

"DE adds Fur patterns palettes to ingame market which costs like 100platinum each and I spend 200platinum in one go to customize all my kubrows(which I will certainly do) "

KUBROW IMPLEMENTATION:GENERAL

Where do I start...

1.DNA Stabilizers

Either reduce the price of Stabilizers or reduce the amount of health lost each day to 10%,or even 5%.

As simple as that.

AND BEFORE ANYONE SAYS 100k CREDITS ISNT A PROBLEM....IT MAY NOT BE A PROBLEM FOR YOU. ITS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME EITHER. I DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SPEND ON OR TO FARM ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR,SO I CAN FARM CREDITS. BUT,THIS MAY BE A PROBLEM FOR A NEWER PLAYER.

2.Stasis

I don't know who came up with the idea,but whoever did was not thinking straight.

I can understand putting my Kubrow in stasis once and not being able to take it out for 3 hours.

But having to wait additional 3 hours after my Kubrow was inside the stasis for 10hours is ridiculous and stupid.

I have to wait for 3hours before I am able to play alongside my Kubrow? No thank you,I will just take my Carrier with me. Atleast it won't run into Death Orbs on it's own.

By the time my Kubrow recovers from stasis,I will be somewhere else in the real world.

Also,what if I just did a mission with my Sunika and I want to do the next mission with my Huras? I have to wait 3hours for doing that or "RUSH RECOVERY"......Worst design idea.

Also,just my opinion,I can't believe DE attached platinum to this also. "Rush Recovery from Stasis"? Really? Last time I checked,you guys weren't exactly like Ubisoft's Ghost Recon Phantoms team... *sigh*

3.Genetic Imprints

Like I said before,these imprints give us zero information about the Kubrow. They need to be much more than that.

4.Imprints Trading

If imprint trading is here to stay,there is a huge need to modify the trading methods we have now. Because imprint trading is not as simple as trading a mod or prime part. We need an option to see how a Kubrow looks.(Edited from the information given by RahuStalker. Still need Gender and Type to be shown) AND BEFORE SOMEONE SAYS,WE HAVE FORUMS.....NOT EVERY TRADER USES THE FORUM.

5.Selling Kubrows

Just a question here,why the hell can't we sell Kubrows??

KUBROW IN MISSION

1.Usefulness

As of now,Kubrows,instead of helping me in the missions,it acts as a distraction for me. I constantly have to search for my Kubrow instead of killing stuff,so that it doesnt do anything stupid and die.

2.Bleedout time

Another one of worst ideas. Just because you guys decided to release a mod "Loyal Companion",it's not a good idea to make it mandatory to use.

2 seconds bleedout time? Really? That's a joke. Even if my Kubrow is beside me and I casting a ability like Mirage's Prism or Nekros' SoTD,I won't be able to save it if it goes down. I don't even want to think what will happen if it runs off to the enemies group and then dies. Also,Kubrows seem to really like Death Orbs.

3.Variety

Each Kubrow is similar to one of the already existing Sentinels,except they don't usually do what they are supposed to do(atleast my Sunika doesn't,which is supposed to be the Deathcube of Kubrows.Don't have others though)

KUBROWS IN LISET

1.Active Kubrow-New Incubation Conflict

What we have now basically means I can't use my Kubrow for about 3-4 days because I am trying to get another RNG based doggy. This is a very bad design.

Solutions-

i). Let us pause current incubation to take out our previous Kubrow to use in missions and then again resume incubation when I am done playing. Now this isn't exactly very realistic,but Warframe on a whole is far from reality,so, yeah...

ii). Install another module on Liset for Active Kubrow,where only one Active Kubrow can be there. That way it won't conflict with the incubation.(Considering that DE actually changes how the stasis works. If they follow what I mentioned above,that will also prevent from switching between 2 Kubrows infinitely.)

LASTLY,My biggest question- Was it really necessary to implement Kubrow in such a complicated way?

Couldn't it be just like Sentinels,getting eggs,then getting Kubrows and just customizing them?

Edited by NN13

Stopped reading, turn off Bold, and I'll give it an actual, honest read.

perfect example of the ridiculous non-sense all over these forums, srsly im sure you will go far in life with such an attitude... /sarcasm

ON-TOPIC : +1 OP

also, wall-of-text = no punctuation, line breaks, periods, etc

a well formatted and spaced post is NOT a wall of text, even if it is long

FFS stay in school kiddo's , reading is not the devil

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Just a minor nitpick here, we can see how the Kubrow imprint looks in trading, now what we don't know is the breed type and gender, those need to be added.

Otherwise I generally agree, I understand if DE wanted to make something different and special but the fact that it can have such severe consequences that are very dependant on player time makes them more of a burden (and don't get me wrong, I love Kubrows but I hate the 'maintenance' aspect).

Not to metion the forums were loud enough to say that we didn't want this 'tamagochi' system for Kubrows before they were released.

Kubrow DNA degradation can be avoided by placing them in stasis when you log off for the day and only removing them from it after you've claimed your login reward.

More info here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/270781-important-psa-how-to-preserve-kubrow-dna-integrity/

3 hours' wait time for stasis retrieval is excessive though. If DE implements your proposed change, then the above method would be standard for all mature Kubrow and only pups will need DNA treatment.

Hard to read cuz bold but +1 OP

first got Raksa - White Skinny .... oh damn  why you do this to me RNG i want chubby kubrow not skinny one

second still got Raksa - White ...... OMFG

also need soemthing to release/sell kubrow not only Stasis

I'm 100% for everything the OP stated. This kubrow needs to be reworked for survivability. It dies SO FAST. It needs common mods. 400 platinum for a rare kubrow mod that doesn't matter because it does in 2 minutes anyway, ... Just ridiculous. :/

This kubrow needs to be reworked for survivability. It dies SO FAST.

My kubrow (even before I added the mods) barely died. This makes me believe its not the kubrow, but the player. The player doesn't care. If they've used a sentinel they then believe that kubrows are just like sentinels (in that they are a second target 100% of the time).

Jackercrack:

(Couldn't quote it. Didn't work right)

Ohohohooo boy.

First off: Rampant greed? I don't see DE saying to us "PAY THIS MUCH TO PLAY" or "TO CONTINUE PLAYING PAY X AMOUNT OF PLAT". Another point is that they know when something is too money hungry (i.e the scrambler)

Second: Opposite path? SO I guess you never read the hot fix notes, and yes they make mistakes but everyone does. Also, they do something YOU don't agree with but there about a 100 others who do agree with it.

Third: If people have issues reading it, it's because the bold text hurts their eyes. 

Fourth and final: DE has problems. But they are not a money hungry team. If you want money hungry, go to nexon or EA.

Edited by TheErebus

I have eyes, but spamming a post entirely in bold, to me, is entirely obnoxious. there is *NO* reason to use bold that much in any post.

I have eyes, but spamming a post entirely in bold, to me, is entirely obnoxious. there is *NO* reason to use bold that much in any post.

Well, copy and paste his S#&$ in another word software and change it to your hearts desire.

Seriously, I find it obnoxious that you have to complain about his text rather then to discuss the topic. And sure you have eyes. . But if bold bothers you, then I suggest you get them checked because that's just petty.

Edited by Vondredd

My kubrow (even before I added the mods) barely died. This makes me believe its not the kubrow, but the player. The player doesn't care. If they've used a sentinel they then believe that kubrows are just like sentinels (in that they are a second target 100% of the time).

That's because you focus on your kubrows survival. I'm sorry but the dog guards its master, not the other way around. Read around, a lot of players issues with the kubrow is its survivability.

Edited by Vondredd

Well, copy and paste his S#&$ in another word software and change it to your hearts desire.

Seriously, I find it obnoxious that you have to complain about his text rather then to discuss the topic. And sure you have eyes. . But if bold bothers you, then I suggest you get them checked because that's just petty.

Petty? You do realize people have eye issues and as a poster, you have to make your text READABLE for everyone.

That's because you focus on your kubrows survival. I'm sorry but the dog guards its master, not the other way around. Read around, a lot of players issues with the kubrow is its survivability.

Yes and why shouldn't you? People have to realize kubrows. are not. sentinels. They aren't a small little synthetic cube floating above your shoulder. It's a large dog that you need care for and make sure it lives through out the mission.

i hate this 3 hours recovery from stasis it's very bad idea ,you can only use one kubrow correctly all other kubrows is unplayable (kubrow in stasis not growing and you cant scan them )this 3 hours is just kill kubrow fun for me

Petty? You do realize people have eye issues and as a poster, you have to make your text READABLE for everyone.

Yes and why shouldn't you? People have to realize kubrows. are not. sentinels. They aren't a small little synthetic cube floating above your shoulder. It's a large dog that you need care for and make sure it lives through out the mission.

Because the kubrow is not your fuckin mission lmao. It's in fact a sentinel with limbs, and less mods that you rub for affection. That's all it is. #realist

agree with most of your points op de is turning into one of those games that could have been good but for the rampant greed and egos of the developers

while all games need to make money many games listen to what customers want then offer options based on those desires they profit the customers stays happy and word of mouth gets other people to play

de is going the opposite path where they act like they are the only entertainment option on the market and the customers have to suck it....or spend so much time complaining about obviosly bad ideas that they get disillusioned and move on to another game

if your significant other keeps making alot of descions that you dont agree with and you have to argue with them all the time...you pretty quickly realize that you just arent on the same page and split....this seems to be the way de is headed

0 problems reading your post op.... if other people had such an issue with it that they couldnt read it, is it likely that they would have anything meaningfull to contribute anyway?

Sorry if you got the wrong idea. I actually like DE as developers. I have played many online games and only a few of those games have devs as nice as DE's. That is the actual reason why I pointed out what seemed a bit greedy. Infact,to be honest,Warframe is one of those games,where with enough time,you will not be able to differentiate a non-paying user from a paying user.What I really want is that DE shouldn't turn into those money hungry companies and should stay the way they are.

Trading removed the gap between Free and Paying players. Just farm hard enough and you'll be able to get platinum to spend on stuff.

On to the topic, I usually take an extreme amount of care for my kubrow, so much so that I bought a Fleeting Expertise for my Trinity and and only used Trinity with my Kubrow. I haven't reached the point where my Kubrow is tankier than me but I do agree that Kubrows might have become too high maintenance. DNA degradation + paying attention to everything your kubrow does in game is way too much for a pet that is at most a tankier, higher damage sentinel.

I'm happy they removed the 10p color/pattern scrambler but now I'm stuck with a pure white Raksa that looks almost exactly the same as my friend's so we have trouble distinguishing our kubrows in game. I hope whatever DE is planning they come up with a solid customization option soon.

I wish we could alter our Kubrow's build as well. I'd definitely spend plat to change my Kubrow's physical build. I don't see anything wrong with that since scientifically speaking you could give it growth hormones to make it grow bigger or maybe starve it to make it thinner (that's awful I know but it's possible to come up with something).

Stasis shouldn't take so long to come out of. What if we have not much time in between having to deal with long term real life stuff? Then we have to wait 3 hours which not many people can afford to wait? I'm thinking 1 hour is long enough as is.

Edited by Rhekinos

perfect example of the ridiculous non-sense all over these forums, srsly im sure you will go far in life with such an attitude... 

Agree. +1. Write on this forum can be an unpleasant experience.

I like to see an actual indepth discussion on this forum, too many people just belittle eachother and throw around words like "rage" and "white knight" like it's impossible to have an opinion without it being totally shallow and moronic.

Overall I agree that Kubrow need a lot of work.  Lemme say what I think about your points.

THE QUEST: HOWL OF KUBROW

1.Getting the Egg

I agree that putting new players up against the RNG wall so early is a bad idea.  Look DE, even if it's unavoidable, it's is far from the best Warframe has to offer.  Try not to rely on it all the time unless you want to push people away.  Additionally, Kubrow are not such a huge benefit that the eggs need to be hard to find.  The effort put into levelling them and modding them is more than enough, and feels much more rewarding.

KUBROW BREEDING IMPLEMENTATION

I...  Have nothing I can say about this.  Adding timer after timer is a blatant cash grab and offensive.  Mirage and her 114 hour wait time is just as bad.  A game should make its players want to play it, and not tell them to spend hours elsewhere doing something else.  That seems pretty basic.

KUBROW IMPLEMENTATION:GENERAL

1.DNA Stabilizers

I've mentioned this in another thread, but the DNA system is a bad idea.  But really only for one thing, that being that Kubrow supposedly die when they hit 0%.

See, I should not feel like there is a price or tax on my Kubrow.  Instead, I should feel like I get a bonus for keeping my Kubrow in shape.  The difference?  That 0% should be the baseline and not the bottom rung that results in a punishment.  If they came out of the egg at "+0%" and were said to be "super charged" with those stabilizers, then it would change the dynamic without changing the mechanics much.

As an additional note, this keeps new players from enjoying Kubrow as well.  Someone who recently got to Venus isn't gonna be able to reliably make that kind of money.  If it was changed to feel more like a bonus, then they wouldn't feel like they are being punished for being new--  Instead, they would feel like they are missing out on something cool and feel motivated to get farther.

2.Stasis

Remove it.  If the DNA system is a bonus, then Stasis is unnecessary.  Yes, people may lose their bonus health from unfortunate circumstances, but so what?  It's a bonus, not a chore.  Kubrow should be usable without the +100%, and so the people who feel like they can't reliably do it shouldn't need to. 

"Rush Recovery from Stasis" is offensive.  I mean, wow.  Are you guys that greedy?  If you need money that badly, this is not the way to get it from players.  Stop making your players feel like you are trying to exploit them.

KUBROW IN MISSION

1.Usefulness

My Kubrow isn't the most useful companion.  While mine isn't in danger of dieing usually (though I still feel forced to rely on melee more than I would normally...  Just in case) it also isn't helping much.  Damage aside (I don't have Maul yet), it just doesn't attack as much as it should.  I find it often just standing around while getting shot as, sometimes not moving at all.  Other times it is running around between enemies who are dieing before it gets to them.

I feel like DE needs to implement a single new button function.  "Command Kubrow".  If the cursor is on an enemy, it will go try to attack them.  If it's on a locker (and they have Scavenge) they will try to unlock it.  If it's on nothing, they will return to your side (and then their AI will give them a new idea of what to do).  Maybe even have it so you can command them to stay around a marked Waypoint!

Maybe they're working on this.  I hope so, it would add a great new facet to the Kubrow to really separate them from Sentinels.

2.Bleedout time

I do agree that just because it exists does not mean Loyal Companion should be automatically required.  Though, I don't know.  Do you use frames without Redirection or Vitality?  They could be considered "required".

Regardless there's two things they need to add.  1) a notification of your Kubrow bleeding out on your screen similar to when your party members hit 0 and 2) a floating number notification of how much time they have left, again like how other players are.  There's no reason for them to not have these beyond "DE just didn't get around to it yet".

--------------------

Anything I didn't list I didn't have a good enough opinion on to really say much.