Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Feedback And Discussion

SorrelClaw

*Heavy breathing* 
Okay, this is my first topic post so please, bare with me. 

I acknowledge that there have been many posts regarding this topic, and I would have directed my thoughts towards one of them but I would rather have the room to state my own opinion here, it is feedback after-all (Apologies if this is in fact in the wrong section). 
So.. where to start. 

Well, for one, I absolutely adore DE and the hard work they're putting into this, they've inspired me to continue with my own projects and education by their sheer resolve and willingness to do what must be done to provide such an incredible game for us >For Free< 

That aside, I should get to my point xD 

So, we what I'd like to create a discussion around is the impact of Gene/Loyalty degradation and the contrast between Kubrows and Sentinels. This is in no way a rant thread and I mean absolutely no harm and I furthermore do not intend to start a flame war, I simply have some feedback to share, my opinion is my own and therefore should not be treated as otherwise. 

Firstly ~ 
Cost: As each day goes by, our Kubrows lose 20% of their DNA stability, in order to combat this we have DNA Stabilisers which if used sparingly costs roughly 100,000 credits per week as to keep our furry friends alive. 
This means that, in the event that Oh, say, a player loses access to their internet and therefore cannot play for some amount of time, their Kubrow will surely die and they will forfeit all Platinum and other expenses they have paid in order to get as far as they have. 

Opinion: Personally I do not believe that this system in it's current form functions in a fair manner, and, this is where we bring Sentinels in. 
With a Sentinel, you purchase it with Platinum or build it via some grinding and a Blueprint, The Sentinel will not lose loyalty nor gene stability and will always be available. 
In my opinion, this makes the Sentinel superior as it does not require the sheer amount of resources and care that a Kubrow does (No, this is not an attempt at making Kubrows totally independent of  our input). 
Please excuse me, I'm getting sidetracked and I'm quite tired and a little ill, bare with me. 

Suggestion: Loyalty is something that should remain, any companion must be treated with certain degrees of respect and care to maintain the firm bond, but DNA degradation is a different story. 
I believe it would be best for Kubrow's to continue living after they reach the 0% stability maker, but force them into a "Life support" style phase which requires our input to save them, this would allow Ordis' role to be expanded as he could monitor the health of the Kubrow and initiate proper protocols upon said phase commencement. 
Ideas, guys?  

I was going to talk about Kubrow appearance and etc. but I've decided that it's irrelevant as DE is already working on it, so I'll cut this post short and let you guys get to it. 

Please feel free to discuss, rebut and debate my suggestion, and, bring any other points forward that you feel are relevant.

Thank you all for baring with me ~ I sincerely hope that this is well received, and if not, I tried my best xD 

- SorrelClaw of the NightTalons 

Edited by SorrelClaw

Not sure if bumping actually functions here but anyway ~ 
Sorry for shoving my opinions in your faces, I'm just getting sick of seeing the same things repeated over and over again and I'd at least like my suggestion and feedback to have some sort of discussion, but knowing my luck it'll just end up with me being berated and everything scattered to the winds. 

Edit: Oh Yippee, bumping does work

Edited by SorrelClaw

I wasnt keen on the idea of Kubrows being introduced into the game and now that i have one im still unsure. I went from ohhh what a cute fluffy little furball you are too geez what an ugly beast you grew to be, get to level 30 and into the freezer you will go.

The idea of having to purchase a batch of 6 DNA at 100,000 credits a time and to administer one DNA every 2-3 days to replenish 40% is just something that is excessive and certainly needs addressing. The Loyalty i get, but again its something that needs improving/changing. Releasing the Kubrow from stasis taking 3 hours is completely unnecessary.. next we will see Sentinels requiring 3 hours of maintenance.

I also feel the overall size of them needs to be slightly smaller, their current size makes me feel they are so out of place when comparred to our frames etc. I also found it frustrating aiming down the sights at a target only to then be met with the back of its head because it has this annoying habit of wanting to stand directly in front of me rather than remaining at my side/rear.
I also would have liked to have seen a feature that allowed us to use an aditional key that issued stay/go commands.. nothing worse than seeing it rush ahead at the worst possible times forcing me to rush to its aid all because it made a poor decision resulting in me cursing at the screen and wanting my sentinel back where it belongs.

I understand why Kubrows will be very popular but for many, i think in its current form, the novelty will soon wear off and many will revert back to their preferred sentinels.. right now the Kubrows are all bark and no bite!

edit:
The lack of information provided by DE on the introduction of the Kubrows to the game so players understand certain features better is disappointing.
Disabling the Kubrow genetic scrambler but not compensating all those that spent so much in search of their preferred designs/colours and now with Hotfix 14.0.9 colour customisation changes making so many drastic colour changes to these Kubrows is just ridiculous. I want to sympathise with these players who have spent so much plat.. but they should have waited and not rushed into this new feature.

Edited by Nemesis101