Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker On The Radio

Lukap99

You know how stalker just clogs up your inbox with spam every time you kill a boss? Why does he care, anyway? I mean, it's like he doesn't realize that they bloody respawn every time you want to kill them again.

Err, but that's a story for another time in another feedback category.

What if instead of sending you one sentence spam mails he actually used the radio to contact us. Heck, maybe even have the Lotus or Ordis comment on it.

Just think about it...

"Operator? There's a radio message being broadcast-eeeee*bzzzzzzzzt*

*Lights flicker*

"edtotheradio... Oh dear, this is rather sub-optimal. That beast have better not been snooping around in my circuitry again or I'll!... Eheheh. Sorry operator. Beginning system diagnostic NO-OW*bzzzzzzzt*."

*Some of the circuitry sparks and the ship turns completely dark*

*You can hear your Kubrow barking and growling. You have to calm him down*

*You pet your Kubrow who squeals and bends his ears down. Now calm, your kubrow sits and just watches you*

*The radio starts producing white noise/static. You stand next to the radio and hear a message*

"*YoU*bzt* actions hhav*BzzzZT* con-ssseqUENce-e-e-e-e-e*BzzzT*"

*The lights return. Ordis is powered up*

"Woaah. That was new. Oh! Operator! I feared that you have abandoned me again."

"Well, I am glad that everything is fine now. What did the radio message say?"

*Transmission from the Lotus*

"Tenno? Tenno, come in. Oh thank goodness, I feared that I have lost you again. Whoever sent you that message is extremely dangerous. Tenno, please... be careful..."

*end transmission*

EDIT: Since I made a thread about stalker senpai and his boss battle here's the link.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/292484-stalker-feedback-my-personal-experience-with-our-favorite-recolour/

Edited by Lukap99

Wow, that is really awesome! Or maybe a cut screen or so, where the lights go out, you are calming your kubrow, and the stalker appears behind you, and after he finishes his line, you try to attack him but he suddenly dissappears in smoke, then the lights come back on. I think that would be cooler!

THIS would be so awesome as a Stalker introductory quest/ sequence. Very well done.

They'd have to get more concrete lore for Stalker first, but down the line, an actual quest system to introduce him would be incredible.

Edited by Kestral9999

Wow, that is really awesome! Or maybe a cut screen or so, where the lights go out, you are calming your kubrow, and the stalker appears behind you, and after he finishes his line, you try to attack him but he suddenly dissappears in smoke, then the lights come back on. I think that would be cooler!

DE doesn't really do cutscenes. As cool as that would be, I doubt we'd see it.

Thanks everyone!
But seriously, I'd get annoying if we had to go through this every time the Stalker announces that he wants your @$$ dead.

So I've come up with something a bit less long for the regular everyday stalker announcement.

"Operator, you have new audio messages in your inbox! I wonder who sent them?"

*Open inbox. New message with subject title "Your time has come."*

*Click message. in the palm of your hand a semi transparent black screen opens with an ( I> ) icon in the center. You click the icon*

*The ( I> ) icons morphs into a ( II ) icon and moves to the bottom of the screen below a slider common on video and audio playing programs. In the upper right there is an X icon. Clicking on the X exits the message. In the center of the screen forms a single, horizontal row of red dots. These dots are actually audio lines like the one on your radio, except 2D."

*You hear the following message which is distorted through a filter, so it sounds different every time you hear it.*

"Did you honestly believe that you could get away with anything you want? The blood of *BOSS NAME HERE* is one of thousands of which you have spoiled your hands with. Justice demands a punishment for your crimes. Your sentence is death, expect me."

*End message. The ( II ) icon morphs back into a ( I> ) icon, but remains at the bottom of the screen. The dots turn into a shade of gray lighter than the background. You may play the message again if you wish to do so.*

Edited by Lukap99

Thanks everyone!

But seriously, I'd get annoying if we had to go through this every time the Stalker announces that he wants your @$$ dead.

So I've come up with something a bit less long for the regular everyday stalker announcement.

"Operator, you have new audio messages in your inbox! I wonder who sent them?"

*Open inbox. New message with subject title "Your time has come."*

*Click message. in the palm of your hand a semi transparent black screen opens with an ( I> ) icon in the center. You click the icon*

*The ( I> ) icons morphs into a ( II ) icon and moves to the bottom of the screen below a slider common on video and audio playing programs. In the upper right there is an X icon. Clicking on the X exits the message. In the center of the screen forms a single, horizontal row of red dots. These dots are actually audio lines like the one on your radio, except 2D."

*You hear the following message which is distorted through a filter, so it sounds different every time you hear it.*

"Did you honestly believe that you could get away with anything you want? The blood of *BOSS NAME HERE* is one of thousands of which you have spoiled your hands with. Justice demands a punishment for your crimes. Your sentence is death, expect me."

*End message. The ( II ) icon morphs back into a ( I> ) icon, but remains at the bottom of the screen. The dots turn into a shade of gray lighter than the background. You may play the message again if you wish to do so.*

That would be much more interesting for repeats after the first encounter with the stalker.

Assassination 2.0 needs to exist.

That would be much more interesting for repeats after the first encounter with the stalker.

Assassination 2.0 needs to exist.

According to the LOTUS 2.0 thread DE seem to be working on a filter system through which a single line of dialogue can have infinite variations. This is why the audio message thing can work, if they put some effort into it. Which they would have to, since it's sort of their job.

Also, it's not as much Assassination 2.0 as it is Assassination messages 2.0.

THIS would be so awesome as a Stalker introductory quest/ sequence. Very well done.

They'd have to get more concrete lore for Stalker first, but down the line, an actual quest system to introduce him would be incredible.

I'm going to be the odd one out and say that I hope they don't make a quest for the Stalker. I remember my first encounter with the Stalker, and I remember how scared I was.

I could not, for the life of me, even begin to imagine what that thing was. This was partly because I didn't know what was happening.

I remember how the Lotus remained silent, she didn't acknowledge the Stalkers existance.

The simple fact that she didn't even say anything frightened me. The stalker is most effective when you feel alone with him.

It's like being locked in an inescapable room with a predator. And the only one left alive is the one who escapes.

So having the comfort of knowing "It's a quest" and "I'm eventually going to win" would ruin the feeling of Dread (heh) that the Stalker is supposed to have.

We have high hopes for the ship's radio system going forward.  There are a lot of good ideas floating around with what we could add to it.  This is another good idea that we will take into consideration.

Good to hear you are improving the radio system!

Sometimes I just chill and listen in on the happenings of the solar system.

+1 for Stalker hijacking your radio if you get his mark for the first time!

I'm going to be the odd one out and say that I hope they don't make a quest for the Stalker. I remember my first encounter with the Stalker, and I remember how scared I was.

I could not, for the life of me, even begin to imagine what that thing was. This was partly because I didn't know what was happening.

I remember how the Lotus remained silent, she didn't acknowledge the Stalkers existance.

The simple fact that she didn't even say anything frightened me. The stalker is most effective when you feel alone with him.

It's like being locked in an inescapable room with a predator. And the only one left alive is the one who escapes.

So having the comfort of knowing "It's a quest" and "I'm eventually going to win" would ruin the feeling of Dread (heh) that the Stalker is supposed to have.welll.

Im sorry but, to win what? it would be an introductory quest, so that we know the reason as to why he's constantly trying to murder us for murdering other people. I assume... if we actually have to fight him in the quest.... winning would and should be really hard, but also.... it shouldn't feel like a win. the stalker just retreats as we lay battered (but not broken!). we may overwhelm him for a bit, but he always comes back to bite us in the @$$.

Edited by Lonepepas99

We have high hopes for the ship's radio system going forward.  There are a lot of good ideas floating around with what we could add to it.  This is another good idea that we will take into consideration.

Maybe put there Red Vail transmissions too :) Some funny conversations between them( with coffee as a main character gihihi) . 

Im sorry but, to win what? it would be an introductory quest, so that we know the reason as to why he's constantly trying to murder us for murdering other people. I assume... if we actually have to fight him in the quest.... winning would and should be really hard, but also.... it shouldn't feel like a win. the stalker just retreats as we lay battered (but not broken!). we may overwhelm him for a bit, but he always comes back to bite us in the @$$.

That... Actually sounds like a pretty good idea.

I don't know. All I really want is for the stalker to remain a scary, mysterious entity we know little (but not nothing!) about. I'm guessing I was a little scared that they may mess it up.