Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Color Customization Fix (Planned For Hotfix 14.0.9)

[DE]Steve

While I appreciate the legacy option, it affected the Tenno palette in a really wrong way. Might want to check on that later ^^

The rest looks fine, though.

Thanks for the update on the colour pallets Steve, appreciate the quick fix.

The colours however are a little more washed out than previously however, so I suspect that you need to tone down the gama correction about 20%-30% of its current amount.

As an example;

On the valentine and ice pallets (these are the easiest to tell the difference on though noticeable on most pallets if your familure with the swatch you want to use) the darkest red/blue swatch was a black-red and black-blue respectivly, as in the colour being so dark as to almost be black but still clearly a shade of red or blue, While the new legacy update has them as dark red and dark blue respectivly.

I'm hoping this example is helpful to nail down the correct gamma influence value.

On a side note the marker for the swatch (small triangle in the top right of the swatch) that is currently in use appears to have gone missing as well which was very useful.

This is exactly how to fix this issue.

DE has tried a couple of times to squash this bug, by simply raising the gamma.  Now that obviously wasn't the problem, but all of those attempts have built up, leaving us with too much saturation.

Yeah, I hadn't been playing as much lately, mostly because of the nausea I get from dealing with the menus, but I logged in last night to do the 24hr potato alert & switched to legacy palettes.  The Tenno palette is VERY washed-out/high gamma.  

Thought maybe I needed to log out and back to fix it, but that didn't work.

I am sure Steve will fix it if he knows/finds out about it.. but I was a little bummed out as that was the palette I missed the most.

Edited by AZAG0TH

Some of the new ones don't either.

I've found most of the new ones dont :?, Though i suspect thats mroe to do with the frame tinting.

Ive also noticed that the Vauban phased skin and Rhino Rubedo skin are quite bright now and not really that ghostly/watery look for vauban and the deep crystaline red for rhino anymore either.

No. It's a dev build, they can mix and match, primarily for testing purposes.

Yea I know, I just think it's funny that no one posted about it. Having that kind if power requires great responsibility. I definility would be corrupted by the powers of the Dev! I can see it now:

Me: Alright let's do this.

Randoms: *Say nothing.

Me: Ha, did you see me kill that guy, lol!

Random #1: WTF did I just die?

Me: Oh that was me, sorry had to, to funny!

Random #2: lol

Random #3: *Says nothing.

Random #1: Yea sure. What ever you say. Wait, why am I spectating the Stalker?

Me: That's me, like I said, I'm the one that killed you a minute ago.

Randoms #1/2: *Say nothing, desperately search the internet for "How to play as Stalker in Warframe".

Random #3: What the? He really is playing as the Stalker, I'm looking at him run up to me now.

Me: Lol, that was easy.

Random #3: Wow why'd you kill me?

Me: Because I can, I'm the Stalker, and because it's hilarious.

Random #3: Random #3 has disconnected from the game. *Gets on PC to open support ticket.

Random #2: I'll give you some Plat. if you don't kill me?

Me: Nah, I have infinite Plat. Now DIE!

Random #2: Random #2 has disconnected from the game.

Me: Well I screwed that one up, but at least I killed you and the other noob.

Random #1: Hacks?

Me: Dev.

Random #1: Random #1 has disconnected from the game.

Me: I win.

Edited by (PS4)DWreck1995

So no further updated on readjusting the "legacy" colour options to the actual colours they were as opposed to yet a different influence set again?

Dont think it's going to happen.

It looks like there's a new method of displaying colors and the legacy is just that new method with some adjustments to match the old. So the old will never come back it will just be some sort of a attempt to match it.

Dont think it's going to happen.

It looks like there's a new method of displaying colors and the legacy is just that new method with some adjustments to match the old. So the old will never come back it will just be some sort of a attempt to match it.

it doesnt match the old, thats the problem, so fails to achieve what it is meant to achieve.

Edited by Loswaith

But it is still better then doing absolutely nothing about it, which is something that they could have done.

True but it was a simple fix to put in the legacy switch, so also a simple fix to readjust and compare with the actual colours used before (comparing colours with an older build). 

The problem is it didnt fix the issue so we basically ended up with the same result as if they did nothing. 

A simple "we are working on it to get the colours matched corectly" would have worked for me better (and im sure many others as well).

Edited by Loswaith