Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding The Color Fixes In The Most Recent Patch (14.0.9)

Personally, I don't like how they look now, and do not welcome this change.

Pre-patch, the colors looked just fine. They were fairly balanced colors. Dark enough that they were noticable, but not glossy enough that they obscured all of the details on the warframes and were visually distracting. I thought they were great the way they were. But now everything is so glossy that they just look horrible, regardless of what color scheme I choose. Anything that's even somewhat dark looks more like plastic than part of a suit and is actually distracting because of this.

I kindly ask that, at the very least, there is a visual option put in that allows the client to revert back to how colors were previously.

After repairing the color schemes of my Warframes, I have noticed that many of the "darker" colors in the palletes are now almost completely black and many subtle hues and colors were lost. Particularly purple or magenta shades are now more strictly red or strictly pink. It's going to take a lot of time to get used to these new shades.

<p>Yeah the colors are too dark now. :( Keep the Kubrow changes, but revert the warframe changes.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Also is it just me or are the colors in the game levels a little warmer too?</p>

Edited by DarkD3filer

After repairing the color schemes of my Warframes, I have noticed that many of the "darker" colors in the palletes are now almost completely black and many subtle hues and colors were lost. Particularly purple or magenta shades are now more strictly red or strictly pink. It's going to take a lot of time to get used to these new shades.

That's the main problem I have with this change. It killed a lot of the variety present in the colors.

Some of the changes have been nice and some haven't, my original creampuff of a Kubrow is a lot darker now which bugs me a bit, I quite like his old color. That being said my two pups, one of whom was pure white (At least I thought he was) and his sister (Who was white with gray stripes, she reminds me of a Maltese Tiger now) have turned blue with gray splotches and light gray with black stripes (Which actually was an imporvement IMO) respectively.

Just for the sake of comparison here's my original Kubrow Susano before the patch:

JQRzzGe.jpg

And after:

6auLNog.jpg

Mind you I don't hate the change (it differentiated my two puppies visually), it's just that I wasn't expecting it and still need to used to it. As a side note I had to tone down the saturation on my Warframe and weapons a lot, that was fun (no it wasn't).

Edited by Basilisk1991

Dark colors are too dark, light colors aren't light enough. As said before, most of the color variety is lost. I do welcome this change, especially for the Kubrows. But the brightness variation of the colors are nonexistant. Dark red from the fire pack, dark blue from the ice pack and black from the smoke pack are virtually all the same. I would be fine with it if the colors that showed on the warframe were the actual colors on the pallet tile you selected, but if you compare expectation based on the preview vs reality, it is much too dark.

Check your inboxes. Everyone gets a free "gamma" version of every color picker they owned that has the old color values on it. 

The only gamma set that I received seems to be for either the basic palette, or saturated basic palette, although it doesn't quite seem a one hundred-percent match. I didn't see any packs for any of the other palettes that I own (all but the 'Tenno' palette).

If we had exact matches for all of the old colours, it would be a little less frustrating, but as it is, this has probably been the most negative change to game that I've seen in the year or so that I've been playing. :/ 

Hopefully there will eventually be corrected versions of all the old palettes, but in the meantime, we're kind of stuck in limbo... If we try to change them for the best matches we can do now, it will be harder to get the exact matches for the old colours if and when we do get the right palattes. But it's kind of hard to find the desire to play, with all of the frames and weapons looking messed up...

Perhaps I'm in the minority on this, but one of the things I enjoy most about Warframe is the visual customization (the first thing I do with any new piece of gear is to get my colour sets worked out ;) ), so this has been a pretty big shock to run into out of the blue in a random hotfix.

Personally, I don't like how they look now, and do not welcome this change.

Pre-patch, the colors looked just fine. They were fairly balanced colors. Dark enough that they were noticable, but not glossy enough that they obscured all of the details on the warframes and were visually distracting. I thought they were great the way they were. But now everything is so glossy that they just look horrible, regardless of what color scheme I choose. Anything that's even somewhat dark looks more like plastic than part of a suit and is actually distracting because of this.

I kindly ask that, at the very least, there is a visual option put in that allows the client to revert back to how colors were previously.

i hate those new colors they're so darker than their originals even my frames's default colors are bleeding my eyes >:(

The 3 reds (1,5), (1,6), and (1,7) on the storm pallet are horribly disappointing now. After shading and effects are applied, (1,7) sort of blends in to any black instead of being dark, but noticeable. (1,7) used to be similar brightness to what (1,6) is now, and (1,5) was brighter than (1,6). Now (1,5) IS PRACTICALLY  THE SAME (the difference in color and brightness at all is almost imperceptible) AS (1,6). If column 2 didn't go gallivanting wildly off in to pastel or brown land and were just brighter, the difference in brightness may have made them about what column 1 was, but they do. The brightness of the red (18,2) in the classic pallet makes it almost look like what (1,6) used to look like, but it's a bit dull too.

There aren't even any pallets with decent replacement reds available to buy.

will this color pack include a desaturated version of all the Warframe color packs to date?

I clearly said some. That was sent 20 hours ago, and I'm on PS4, I clearly wouldn't know everything that is going on. I have since then learned it is only a 'fake' Classic pack of colors that look very similar to the originals but aren't quite it.