Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave: To The Advocates Of The "one-Shot" Nerf

Auramaru

Disclaimer:  I say "newbs" not in a derogatory sense.  I'm just using it as an identifier word for new players.  In no way am I the "best of the best", but I do believe- at this point- I can at least identify myself as a conclave veteran (someone who plays conclave a lot and has been for a while). Also note: I am talking about Conclave ONLY, NOT DSPVP. Thank you.

Message to all the people who advocate the nerfing of the "one-shot" weapons:

What's really strange is that there is a group of PVE players (meaning all of them) that think they know what's best for PVP/Conclave.  It's like somehow after only 5 minutes of playtime in conclave, and they think they know everything that's wrong with it, they think they know how to fix it, etc.

I made a "pvp feedback" post pretty early on in my conclave experience, and I can honestly say that at least half of the things I condemned as "OP", I have adapted to and now condone.  If you actually adapt and spend some time/effort getting good at conclave, all those "one-shots" become a lot more respectable.  

You have to realize that if you are a new conclave player, odds are:

-you're running around on the ground.

-you're running in a predictable pattern.

-you aren't using mobility mods.

-you aren't ready for that Latron bullet that's coming straight for your--

The difference between conclave veterans and conclave newbs is that we stay off the ground, we stay out of sight, we use mobility mods, WE MAKE OURSELVES HARD TO SHOOT.

So while all the newbs complain about getting one-shot: keep in mind that we prepared those weapons so that if we hit an airbornemovingmaximized-mobility target then we NEED it to be a one-shot.

It's hard enough for a veteran to hit another veteran ONCE.  It takes skill.  And I don't think any of the newbs understand how important it is to have a one-shot weapon in high-caliber matches.

Unfortunately, the newbs are the ones that DE is listening to for some stupid reason. So whatever, you're getting your way.  Now, it will take the newbs even more shots to kill veterans.  And it will take veterans two shots to kill newbs.  GG, I'll see you in the conclaves...

Edited by Auramau

I completely agree. +1

Warframe Conclave PvP is a Twitch Shooter with Parkour. And not a Dragon Ball Z Battle. Unreal Tournament, Quake III Arena, or Counter Strike, ring any bells? Go google the TTK of those games.

People complain about the TTK in Warframe, that there are lots of weapons capable of 1-shotting or killing in less than a second, but so what? Be stealthy and don't get shot, be fast with twitch reflexes, react quickly and shoot first, and have good aim don't miss.

The Conclave PvP in Warframe is about twitch reflexes, aiming and parkour, being fast and stealthy, who reacts more quickly and with better aiming, who shoots firsts or start shooting first, will most likely win. Is about being fast and precise. And yes it does take a lot of skill. Let's not forget the cognitive prediction, to know the routes your enemy take, know his moves and how to counter them.

In Warframe you can actually survive like a second or so, under direct fire of Automatic Weapons. Semi-Auto Weapons takes 1 to 3 shots/bursts. Rocket/Grenade Launchers, Snipers, were supposed to be one shot. (I'm talking about fully modded gear)

People are so used to their godly PvE powers, staying 1h in a mission without dying, wiping an entire map with the press of a button, that they can't accept dying so fast in a PvP match. It's like the Stalker, if you don't wanna die, don't get shot, kill Stalker first.

Take a look at CoD Ghosts TTK Charts, all weapons kill in less than 0.5 secs 

Check Titanfall Pilot Weapon TTK Charts, all weapons kills in less than 0.5 seconds

I don't like these games i mentioned, i'm just using two popular shooters as an example. If you compare to them, Warframe's TKK is actually quite big. In Warframe, you can survive more than 1 second under direct fire of some weapons.

Unfortunately DE seems to be working on making the Dark Sectors PvP more newbie friendly, with higher TTK's and more survivability, but i don't care, we still have the Conclaves at least, where we can have some really epic battles between Conclave veterans.

Edited by RexSol

Take a look at CoD Ghosts TTK Charts, all weapons kill in less than 0.5 secs 

Check Titanfall Pilot Weapon TTK Charts, all weapons kills in less than 0.5 seconds

I don't like these games i mentioned, i'm just using two popular shooters as an example. If you compare to them, Warframe's TKK is actually quite big. In Warframe, you can survive more than 1 second under direct fire of some weapons.

Which is actually a good thing in my opinion. Could you imagine warframe weapons inside CoD games? That TKK would be down to 0.1 seconds.

1+ 100% agree. Though I'm not a veteran conclaver (in fact I've probably only been in the conclaves for a week, I'm a noob :D ) but I can tell that one shots feel right. This game is based in mobility so again, it makes sense. To be honest, most of the time I'm running on the ground (but because it's harder to parkour now), I probably run in a predictable patter (subconsciously), I do however use mobility mods (so useful), and I was defiantly not expecting that Latron Prime bullet. :P So I guess overall, great post.

+1 i agree

but then there is also some people with mirage that do hall of mirrors and spam penta in your base before u even can move

That is more of a problem with the powers rather than the weapon (though explosives are a tad powerful) because the powers where made for PvE. If it where up to me, I would remove all powers except for the mobility ones.

Bladestorm and Hysteria. That is all.

+1 i agree

but then there is also some people with mirage that do hall of mirrors and spam penta in your base before u even can move

Ability balance is another topic entirely :P

If you want ability balance, it would require a zero-energy-available nerf (no abilities at all) xD

But thanks for the +1

Actually DE is making great work to rebalance all stuff just for pvp and surely it takes lots of time(so i will probably leave pvp for awhile and lvl up my kubrows)
BTW played as mirage once with boltor P and camped at enemy base-to players who were in fight- I am really sorry and i see how unfair it was :/

Actually DE is making great work to rebalance all stuff just for pvp and surely it takes lots of time(so i will probably leave pvp for awhile and lvl up my kubrows)

BTW played as mirage once with boltor P and camped at enemy base-to players who were in fight- I am really sorry and i see how unfair it was :/

Sounds like you're talking about DSPVP?

My post was in regards to conclave only.  I definitely don't condone one-shot weapons in DSPVP xD

Why dont you just adapt again to not one-shot people?

There is nothing you can "adapt to".  The problem is that pro-parkour players are nearly impossible to hit, and now that I can no longer one-shot them, that makes them nearly impossible to kill.  The interesting "balance" to this is that they also nerfed the wall-run slingshot, thus nerfing parkour substantially, making parkour-pros somewhat easier to track down/shoot at.

There is nothing you can "adapt to".  The problem is that pro-parkour players are nearly impossible to hit, and now that I can no longer one-shot them, that makes them nearly impossible to kill.  The interesting "balance" to this is that they also nerfed the wall-run slingshot, thus nerfing parkour substantially, making parkour-pros somewhat easier to track down/shoot at.

yeah but a de staff said that nerfing the slingshot was an accident that will be back to stay? Unless they changed their minds? I sure hope not... 

yeah but a de staff said that nerfing the slingshot was an accident that will be back to stay? Unless they changed their minds? I sure hope not... 

They say that... but if they created it by accident, then I'm not sure how they'll bring it back.  Also: it's been almost a month... no fix? *shrug*

"noobs" is meant to be derogatory.

However, "newbs" is the term used to refer to new players. 

Fixed.
Edited by Auramau

As much as i agree

Id still like a mode where everything wasnt one shot kill but keep what we have as well

I enjoy both and would play both endlessly

If they could legitimately make two separate game modes like that... it'd probably put an end to all the controversy altogether lol

Disclaimer:  I say "newbs" not in a derogatory sense.  I'm just using it as an identifier word for new players.  In no way am I the "best of the best", but I do believe- at this point- I can at least identify myself as a conclave veteran (someone who plays conclave a lot and has been for a while). Also note: I am talking about Conclave ONLY, NOT DSPVP. Thank you.

Message to all the people who advocate the nerfing of the "one-shot" weapons:

What's really strange is that there is a group of PVE players (meaning all of them) that think they know what's best for PVP/Conclave.  It's like somehow after only 5 minutes of playtime in conclave, and they think they know everything that's wrong with it, they think they know how to fix it, etc.

I made a "pvp feedback" post pretty early on in my conclave experience, and I can honestly say that at least half of the things I condemned as "OP", I have adapted to and now condone.  If you actually adapt and spend some time/effort getting good at conclave, all those "one-shots" become a lot more respectable.  

You have to realize that if you are a new conclave player, odds are:

-you're running around on the ground.

-you're running in a predictable pattern.

-you aren't using mobility mods.

-you aren't ready for that Latron bullet that's coming straight for your--

The difference between conclave veterans and conclave newbs is that we stay off the ground, we stay out of sight, we use mobility mods, WE MAKE OURSELVES HARD TO SHOOT.

So while all the newbs complain about getting one-shot: keep in mind that we prepared those weapons so that if we hit an airbornemovingmaximized-mobility target then we NEED it to be a one-shot.

It's hard enough for a veteran to hit another veteran ONCE.  It takes skill.  And I don't think any of the newbs understand how important it is to have a one-shot weapon in high-caliber matches.

Unfortunately, the newbs are the ones that DE is listening to for some stupid reason. So whatever, you're getting your way.  Now, it will take the newbs even more shots to kill veterans.  And it will take veterans two shots to kill newbs.  GG, I'll see you in the conclaves...

Except the conclave map has lots of places to hide in and objects to link parkour moves off of while the dark sectors have lots of open areas and narrow corridors to pass through in order to get to objectives.

In addition, you kinda have to stay still to do some objectives. And you can kinda just spam penta, tesla, and castana mines at objectives or doors, which they must pass through because of no alternate routes.

Except the conclave map has lots of places to hide in and objects to link parkour moves off of while the dark sectors have lots of open areas and narrow corridors to pass through in order to get to objectives.

In addition, you kinda have to stay still to do some objectives. And you can kinda just spam penta, tesla, and castana mines at objectives or doors, which they must pass through because of no alternate routes.

*points to title*

Note: "CONCLAVE"

*points to original post*

"Also note: I am talking about Conclave ONLY, NOT DSPVP. Thank you."

This is a thread regarding Conclave, not Dark Sector PVP.

Edited by Auramau

even with nerf's im still  one shooting you!

AHAHHAA

o_O You drunk Rom? lol

I haven't played against you since god-knows-how-long-ago (3 days?? *shrug*), also: if I brought an ash or a valk with the mods that I have on my Oberon, I might give you a run for your money :P

But no, seriously: you drunk?? ._.

Such calling me out.  Much public. Wow. #Doge

Edited by Auramau