Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Kubrow] Kubrow Types: Some Adjustments Needed

Vargras

As a whole, I love kubrows, and while they can still use some adjustments, I think they're in a pretty good spot. However, as far as the individual types go, there's some work that could be done.

The Good: Based upon talk on the forums, Raksa and Huras kubrows are in the best spot at the moment, with several players viewing them as being most useful. This is due in large part to their unique skills: Raksas get Howl and Protect, which offers crowd control and utility via shield restore. Huras kubrows get Stalk, a beefed up Shade cloak that can apparently last close to 2 minutes if you let it, and Hunt, which allows it to tackle enemies (and this can hit multiple enemies at once). Again, crowd control and utility.

The Meh: Sunika kubrows are more or less in the middle ground. With Savagery, a Sunika can deal high damage to any enemy at any time -- when lacking crowd control or utility, raw damage is typically a good tradeoff. However, the disappointment here is Unleashed, which allows the Sunika to grapple a target to the ground and hold them in place. This, unfortunately, only works on VIP targets, which means it only works in Capture missions. It simply does not function at all in any other game mode. A welcome tweak to this would be to allow Unleashed to work on Eximus enemies (which has also been mentioned before in possible tweaks).

The Bad: Sahasa kubrows are repeatedly considered to be the worst possible type. While Ferocity works identical to Savagery, Dig is almost completely worthless -- the kubrow will stop in a location, and spend 5 seconds digging up items. Though this works similar to Nekros' Desecrate, ranking up the mod does not seem to affect the cast time, the cooldown, or the number of items generated. In addition, if there's any alert enemies anywhere on the map, they simply won't use Dig at all.

Basically, please buff Unleashed and Dig. Having a precept that only works in one game mode, or is so bad to the point that I might as well not even bother ranking it up or having it, is not fun or interesting in any way.

Yes and yes.  Unleashed should work on Excimus/Leader enemies.  That would be fantastic.

Dig.. eh.. I wish it would be a retrieve ability instead and allow the kubrow to dive about picking up items when in combat, and dig to generate items when not in combat.

Yes and yes.  Unleashed should work on Excimus/Leader enemies.  That would be fantastic.

Dig.. eh.. I wish it would be a retrieve ability instead and allow the kubrow to dive about picking up items when in combat, and dig to generate items when not in combat.

Yes I agree, that would do wonders to those two types

I would prefer it too, Sahasa is sometimes described as the Carrier counterpart, so it would make sense that the Dig mod is changed to a retrieve mod instead, similar to Carriers Vacuum.

Ferocity needs a fix in it's animation, since it makes Sahasa Kubrows grow to the size of a small horse and for some reason they don't scale back down to their original size.