Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Unofficial Warframe Power Synergy Thread! [Mega-Thread]

Lukap99

ORIGINAL POST

THREAD TITLE: "Warframe Synergy! Volt's Overload and uncle Vauban's balls! [MEGA-THREAD]

You know how we want more power combos between Warframes that promote teamwork? Like Mag's bullet attractor and Excalibro's Radial Javelin?

Well, since Vauban's Tesla balls are basically sources of electricity, shouldn't Volt's overload cause them to zap enemies with more damage and chaining? You know, like every other electronic in the area. Seems like a good idea to me.

And wouldn't it be neat if Vauban could place Teslas on Volt's electric shield? That way, you get a defensive power with offensive capabilities. Heck, maybe even give the Tesla balls more range.

Or, if Vauban places a Tesla on Volt himself, and Volt uses "Speed" the tesla balls get a faster recharge time.

I often see people complaining that damage powers are mostly useless in endgame. This often leads to people creating threads requesting that certain powers should be buffed so they are usable on their own.

And, until now, I agreed with them. Until I realised that Warframe isn't strictly a single-player game that has other players in it.
it's a co op game.

Everyone remembers the original trailer, right? How Loki used switch teleport to get an enemy within melee range for Rhino, or how Mag used polarize to allow the team to deal damage to Lech Kril.

Powers don't always need buffs or utility. Sometimes all they need is some SYNERGY with other powers.

More specifically, powers that benefit from other powers used at the same time.

Tesla aren't doing enough damage? Could overload improve the damage these things do for a short time?
Are the enemies you carry in undetow not dying quickly enough? Fireblast could help with that, give them a taste of boiling water.

Antimatter drop isn't big enough? Bullet attractor could help you there.

Our current problem is that Warframe pays little attention to it's co-op element. It's what made games like L4D2 and TF2 a huge success.

You shouldn't be able to do everything on your own, but if you're in a squad that values teamwork, you could be almost invincible.

NOTE TO DEVS IF THEY SEE THIS THREAD.

We don't request that all of these combinations make it into the game at the same time. Add just maybe 3 or 5, and then work your way up to more if the response the community has is good.

EDIT:

Thanks to everybody who supported this thread! Now here are some of the power combinations the community suggested!

FEATURED SUGGESTIONS

VOLT + VAUBAN [Einde, Magemeat]

- Overload + Any Vauban power = Power timer reset to max
- Overload + Tesla = Tesla balls treated as source of electricity + more electric dmg + chaining

- Electric shield + Tesla = Tesla balls suspended on the shield / Tesla balls do not lose time until shield is down

- Speed + Tesla ( on any warframe affected by speed ) = Faster Tesla ball recharge time

VOLT + VARIOUS ELEMENTAL ABILITIES [TwiceDead]

- Electric shield + Elemental ability = Changes the shield's elemental type to the corresponding element with various bonuses.

Fire = Extra proc chance

Ice = Longer duration
Electric = Resets to default + adds duration to the shield

Venom = Enemies that pass through the shield get a poison proc

Magnetic = Bullets that pass through the shield get magnetized and alter their course to the nearest enemy. Bullets from enemies that alter their course and collide with the shield.

HYDROID + FROST [unknow99, GSDAkatsuki]

- Tempest Barrage + Avalanche = Icicles falling and impaling enemies
- Undertow (puddle) + Freeze = Enemies inside puddle dealt ice damage / enemies that step on puddle slip and fall

- Undertow + Ice wave = Giant crystal emerges from puddle that deals insane puncture damage + enemies inside dealt ice damage
- Undertow + Avalanche = Iceberg that sinks the space titanic that deals a lot of ice damage to whatever it touches
- Avalanche + Tentacle swarm = Ice tentacles that smash stuff with high impact and moderate ice damage

EXCALIBUR + MIRAGE

- Radial Blind + Eclipse = Mirage damage boost
- Radial Blind + Prism = Prism deals a single tick of immense damage

LOKI / SARYN + MIRAGE [unknow99]

- Decoy / Molt + Sleight of hand = Decoys walk towards enemies and explode (toxic damage if molt)

LOKI + SARYN [KilelrDrone492]

-Decoy / Molt + Venom = Decoy gets increased aggro and has venom spores all over his body

SARYN + FROST

- Miasma + Avalanche = Expanding cloud of viral death

SARYN + EMBER [DeadScream]

World on fire + Miasma = Gas explosions - Blast dmg + Gas dmg + Fire dmg (all moderate/low, but come together to make high damage)

ASH / NYX / NOVA + BANSHEE

- Shuriken / P. Bolts / Null star = Projectiles actually hit the orange spots which results in more damage

EXCALIBUR + BANSHEE

- Radial Blind + Silence = Enemies turn into vegetables ( Run into walls, Trip, Don't shoot )

NYX + VOLT / EMBER / FROST / SARYN [KilelrDrone492]

-Absorb + Various elemental abilities = The damage from the ability cast on Absorb is added to the final damage of absorb + Final explosion damage is changed to the elemental damage of the last ability cast on absorb.

NYX + NEKROS [semshol, DeadScream]

- Chaos + Terrify = Mind break / Absolute horror - Enemies ignore Tenno, forget how to use guns, and cannibalize on each other, tearing their once friends limb by limb.

NYX + MAG

- Absorb + Bullet attractor = Bigger explosion + bigger sphere

NOVA + MAG

- Bullet attractor + Antimatter Drop = Bigger sphere + bigger explosion

VOLT + EMBER

- Electric shield + Fireblast = Plasma blast (actually just radiation explosion lul)

VOLT + MAG [Aeronomatic]

- Bullet Attractor + Shock = Magnetic Field

Pulls all enemies within surrounding area towards area of effect, duration is a fixed 3 seconds, after said duration is finished surviving foes will have a 100% of radiation damage inflicted on them, other effects include any electric appliance shocking said target as well. *Not as strong as overload or even shock, but will cause a electric stun on them. 

- Shield Polarize + Speed = Rail Gun

-Overall damage of firearms gets a 35% increase in puncture damage, and 2m punch through, fire rate is also increased. Travel time weapons will also turn into hit scan weapons.

EMBER + RHINO / EXCALIBUR

- Slash Dash / R. Charge through Fireblast = Trail of fire / Fire sword

HYDROID + VARIOUS ELEMENTAL ABILITIES

- Undertow + Shock = Ever heard of what happens when you take a plugged in toaster into a bathtub?
- Undertow + Most of Embers powers = Boiling water - More finisher damage
- Undertow + Venom = Poisonous swamp - Gas emits from the puddle + Poison damage for enemies in the puddle
- Just imagine other stuff that happens when you put certain elements into water. It doesn't take a lot of imagination.

FROST + EMBER

- Snow globe + Fireblast (from inside) = Fireblast turns into a flying explosive barrel that isn't a barrel but does fly (ADDED BLAST DAMAGE)

- Ice wave + Fireblast afterburn = A straight line of (small) explosions

- Fireblast + Frozen enemy (freeze) = Small explosion that staggers enemies [Credit: Silver_Fox75]

VAUBAN + NOVA [Haif]

-Tesla (on Nova body) + Null star = Mini-nova - The original idea was to make null star transform into tiny Tesla balls, but that's not what happens when electrons from Tesla come in contact with the anti electrons in null star. So instead, the electrons linger around the null-star, and when they hit an enemy, the electromagnetic shield disappears from the antimatter and the electrons and anti electrons collide, making a miniature explosion that staggers and deals good blast damage.

ZEPHYR + EMBER [Metalarcher]

- Turbulence + Fireblast = A ring of flames that follows Zephyr until it disappears
- Tornado + Fireblast = Fire tornadoes / leave a trail of scorched earth with a high fire proc chance [Credit: GSDAkatsuki]
- Divebomb + [ Turbulence + Fireblast ] = Same as heat sword jump attack except bigger and deals more damage

ZEPHYR + BOOBEN VAUBAN

- Tornado + Vortex (vauban throws ball at tornado) = Giant freaking tornado - Bigger range + more damage

ZEPHYR + VOLT [Castem]

- Turbulence + Shock = Storm Field - electric damage to enemies within range of Turbulence + bullets are redirected towards nearby enemies

- Tailwind + Electric Shield = Storm Wind - extra electric damage to enemies hit by Tailwind + electric stun to any enemies near Zephyr during her movement (Tailwind)

- Tornado + Overload = Electrical Storm - tornadoes have bigger range + deal extra electric damage + tornadoes act as a tesla coil (C&C), shocking and stunning enemies they don't suck in. [Arcing electricity may be able to come from the storm clouds above the tornado]

ZEPHYR + HYDROID [Castem]

- Dive Bomb + Undertow = Water Bird - dive-bombing into Undertow deals damage to all enemies currently brought under by Hydroid + Zephyr is absorbed into the puddle like Hydroid (can get out by using Tailwind, which shoots you straight up out of the puddle)

- Tornado + Undertow = Hurricane - tornadoes have bigger range + deal extra water (either magnetic or cold, I guess in this case) damage + can damage enemies already pulled under by Hydroid [Water damage doesn't exist. Maybe impact or finisher damage?]

ZEPHYR + FROST [Castem]

- Turbulence + Freeze = Ice Shield - Turbulence blocks bullets completely, rather than simply redirecting them [Alternate power: Mistral - 50% bullet blocking + clod proc if near zephyr]

- Tornado + Avalanche = Ice Storm - tornadoes have bigger range + deal extra cold damage + all enemies in a large radius are slowed (cold proc), even if they weren't sucked up [Alternate name: Hail storm - Maybe the tornados carry around the chunks of ice and fling them around. Same stats as Ice Storm.]

ZEPHYR + RHINO [Castem]

- Tailwind (ground) + Rhino Stomp = Take-off - greatly increases the height Tailwind launches you + a Dive Bomb following a Take-off deals more damage

ZEPHYR + SARYN [Castem]

- Tornado + Miasma = Acid Rain - tornadoes proc Corrosive on their targets + deal extra Corrosive damage + enemies in a large radius receive toxin and corrosive procs

ZEPHYR + VALKYR [Castem]

- Tailwind + Ripline = Airline - as Valkyr attaches herself to Zephyr via Ripline, Tailwind can be used to 'bring' Valkyr along for the ride

VALKYR + FROST [Castem]

- Ripline + Snow Globe = Snow Smash - enemy flung towards Valkyr doesn't bypass Snow Globe, but instead is smashed against it for huge cold damage & cold proc [ Comedic relief ability? That sounds like some mighty fine slapstick you're describing. ]

OBERON + VARIOUS ELEMENTAL ABILITIES

- Hallowed ground + Ice wave = Frozen floor (enemies slip + ice proc)
- Hallowed ground + Fireblast = Sacred fire ( Fire proc + Fire damage spread over the entire field )

- Hallowed ground + Undertow = Holy Water ( Puddle forced into hallowed ground shape + heals teammates that step on it + erases all procs (for allies)

TRINITY + VARIOUS POWERS

- Well of life + Molt / Decoy = ALL damage (including friendly fire) on decoy is turned into HP for allies (including sentinels/Kubrows)

- Energy Vampire + Molt / Decoy = Energy restoring pulses / more energy for owner of decoy
- Blessing + Iron skin = Blessed skin - Iron skin spreads to allies for a short period of time [Credit: Semshol]
- Blessing + Shadows of the Dead = More shadow time + more damage

Want your suggestion featured? Use the following template! ( it helps keep things somewhat organized )

WARFRAME + WARFRAME
- Power + Power = Name of combination (optional) - Affect 1 + Affect 2 + Affect 3

NOTE: I'll add my personal notes about your ability in "[ ]" after your description. I won't edit anything from your post, except maybe fix certain grammar mistakes if English isn't your first language. It isn't mine either, but I've been told I generally have little to no mistakes.

Also, you will be credited in the "[ ]" after WF + WF.

Edited by Lukap99

I'd love it, even if I know there's a very few chances that we could see that in game. I always dreamed of that kind of mortal combination, a bit hard coded but hey, really cool though.

Of course there's still some combos if we have a bit of imagination, like Bastille + Radial Disarm... But that would be awesome to see.

In addition Hydroid and Volt can make combo too. Hydroid 3 skill + volt 4 or 1 skill. Electric water, why not?

I always tough that Volt's Shock should to something when used on water. Nice idea too.

In addition Hydroid and Volt can make combo too. Hydroid 3 skill + volt 4 or 1 skill. Electric water, why not?

I want Hydroid puddle power and frost ' s 1 freezing the puddle, and whenever enemies walk over they slip and fall down. Perfect CC team work.

Good ideas! We already have elemental combinations, why not have power combinations too?

I'd love it, even if I know there's a very few chances that we could see that in game. I always dreamed of that kind of mortal combination, a bit hard coded but hey, really cool though.

Of course there's still some combos if we have a bit of imagination, like Bastille + Radial Disarm... But that would be awesome to see.

I always tough that Volt's Shock should to something when used on water. Nice idea too.

Floating in the air without a weapon? Nice.

How about Excalibro's flashbang and Banshee's silence? You make the enemy blind and deaf. At this point they're as good as dead.

Edited by Lukap99

Yall just want Volt to overload Vauban's balls, dont'cha?

N-no...

On-topic:  Yes, Warframe synergy would be cool.  I hope we get balancing so that enemies are a bit tougher and deal more damage, and so that not just one weapon wrecks them all, but that's a completely different issue, and in any case I suppose that kind of interaction wouldn't really be a bad thing.

Zephyr's turbulence being set on fire by one of Ember's abilities, then further increased by Accelerant for a massive fire aura that redirects and ignites enemy bullets?

N-no...

On-topic:  Yes, Warframe synergy would be cool.  I hope we get balancing so that enemies are a bit tougher and deal more damage, and so that not just one weapon wrecks them all, but that's a completely different issue, and in any case I suppose that kind of interaction wouldn't really be a bad thing.

Zephyr's turbulence being set on fire by one of Ember's abilities, then further increased by Accelerant for a massive fire aura that redirects and ignites enemy bullets?

This thread's turning into a power synergy idea goldmine! Keep it up.

Edited by Lukap99

N-no...

Firestorm tornadoes...think about it

Can't we already do that with Twister? Just fire some fire weapon at it and boom. Fire twister.

Except imagine them bigger and leaving firetrails. They burn everything in their path locking onto enemies instead of just flinging them. Dear lord the massive FPS drop will be glorious.

Except imagine them bigger and leaving firetrails. They burn everything in their path locking onto enemies instead of just flinging them. Dear lord the massive FPS drop will be glorious.

If the FPS drop is anything like putting 1000 red barrels in a giant room filled with infested, then I'm all for it.

Please keep this thread alive man, many of us have failed at it before. 

Bring synergy into the game. You may become the hero who will do it. 

Fight. 

Also :

Miasma between World On Fire = instantaneous Extended GAS BOOOOM

I have a bit of a longshot here, but:

When Saryn's Venom tags an enemy, any other abilities cast on the target affect the next enemy/enemies that the spores tag.

Oh, and any projectile abilities that touch another ability (Nyx's Psychic Bolts and Ember's Fire Blast, for example) gain the status effect. OR if elements touch each other (Ember's Fireball and Saryn's Miasma, for example) they create the resulting mixed element (Fireball goes through Miasma's AoE, Miasma does its thing and whatever Fireball hits receives Gas proc).

Edited by MageMeat

Excal's Radial Blind + Mirage's Prism = Glorious blinding light that disintegrates everything in its radius, and also keeps the party going while the player's eyesight just been perma blinded by its magnificence.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki