Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] The Joker Challenge- New Npc, Rogue Warframe

TheEdge

Hey guys, I got an idea for an NPC that I'd like to toss around.

Instead, this will be a new character to add to the lore. The Joker will only appear on 'medium' or 'hard' Defense or Interception missions after Wave 5. When the team comes across the award screen to continue fighting or collect their reward and leave, there is a chance for every 5 waves (but only once per mission) for the Joker option to appear (so players now have the options to continue fighting regularly, collect their reward or leave, or attempt the Jokers challenge, RNG willing).

Should the team vote to take the Jokers challenge, they will initially see him teleport into the tile at a very visible place, then teleport away with confetti. Depending on the difficulty, the team has 1:30 (medium) to 1 (hard) minutes to hit the Joker 3 times while he teleports randomly through the map. He has the ability to teleport in front of any of the 4 Tenno, so it would be wise for the team to stick together in a general area.

The only catch is, enemy stats start at the equivalent of T4 Void missions, and they spawn randomly and en masse around the players. Players need to look out for the Joker, as he will only be visibly momentarily before teleporting away- costing players their final reward. So this feature is directed toward more experienced users. In return, players are rewarded with buffed xp, higher drop rates, and 3 possible final rewards at the end of the round.  If the team hits the Joker 1/3 times, they are guaranteed a rare resource (Morphics, Argon, Orokin Cell, etc.). If the team hits the Joker 2/3 times, they are guaranteed a component (Mutagen Mass, Fieldron, Detonite Ampule, or possibly a weapon BP from the market). If the team hits the Joker all 3 times, they are guaranteed a Rare mod (maybe exclusive mods?) If the team does not manage to hit the Joker at all, they shall still be rewarded a 100K credit bonus at the end of their Defense/Interception mission. If the team dies during the round, no reward bonus will be given, and all the resources they had achieved during that round are null and void. They will still maintain xp gained from the round, but no boosts from the round will be rewarded.

The point of the Joker is to create a round of pure chaos and a hectic enviroment to force the team to really come together and pull through this scenario, and being well rewarded. The Joker is a very sadistic character, and gives the Tenno these challenges for his own amusement.

Also, in order to prevent the outbreak of a galaxy full of popular meat grinding loadouts, exploiting the farming of The Joker, any Conclave rating above 1100 guarantees the Joker to NOT show up. The Joker Challenge is exactly that, a challenge. It will force players to play around with mods, Warframe capabilities, and loadouts.

I want to see what you guys think as well, so go ahead an play around with this idea. If this goes well, I'll create a concept sketch of The Joker Warframe... but be warned, I'm not the best concept designer :p

[uPDATE] Would like to rename this the "Warrior's Challenge".

Peace and Safety, fellow Tenno.
Until next time,
The Edge

Edited by TheEdge

I'll be entirely honest, I would love this to actually be a thing.

Haha thanks! I was also thinking maybe that a completion of The Challenge will also mark the player, so that the Joker will come after the player and possibly drop exclusive weapons... kinda like the Stalker.

Personally, I love it, something totally unexpected, yet not pathetically lore breaking. This guy could even be one of Alad Vs experiments gone wrong eh?

However, even though we're in a  space  ninja farm happy, gun toting, gut grinding, doge hunting game, there has to be a certain degree of seriousness and being real, and DE would really be sretching it with a character like this, unless they establish some really, really detailed lore.

I love this idea, but I do so hope it doesn't become something like this  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/184386-shoulder-kitten-pet/ even if the comparison is not at all similar to this situation. As long as sucha  character seems logical to exist in the game, go for it bruh

Personally, I love it, something totally unexpected, yet not pathetically lore breaking. This guy could even be one of Alad Vs experiments gone wrong eh?

However, even though we're in a  space  ninja farm happy, gun toting, gut grinding, doge hunting game, there has to be a certain degree of seriousness and being real, and DE would really be sretching it with a character like this, unless they establish some really, really detailed lore.

I love this idea, but I do so hope it doesn't become something like this  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/184386-shoulder-kitten-pet/ even if the comparison is not at all similar to this situation. As long as sucha  character seems logical to exist in the game, go for it bruh

Roger, I'll think up of a background and try to put some lore to him.

Personally, I just think that this would be one of those characters like Councilor Vay Hek where you have to get things like beacons or such and create a triangulator that takes you to him. I don't think that it would fit into the lore of Warframe in that specific way that you described it as, but The Joker could be like a really crazy and sadistic boss, like the Joker himself.