Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Want An Excalibur Buff?

Nxai

Why not let him dual wield any melee weapon at cost of energy per second?

Where this idea came from:

Well this spawned as a result of me playing cal and running some tower missions with friends, the recent (to my knowledge) update addition of the energy skana that Cal uses for his abilities now, yea that little blue fiery looking thing that slashes mobs, blinds entire asteroid bases and rains upon enemies in a glorious radial burst. That's an energy conjured skana. That nicely animated little spectral sword appeared in my left hand when I slash dashed into extraction, along with my still sheathed dragon nikana in the other hand and I promptly declared that to be the coolest thing, ever, of all time. That means Excalibur is clearly versed in conjuration magic able to manipulate his energy powers into weapon form and smack people with them.

What I'm proposing:

Get rid of, say, well I'd be fine with any of them going, slash dash is too iconic however, being the token move to end trailers. Radial blind is his only CC which in play saves him a lot, and is pretty fitting with his set so I can't say that people would be happy switching that out, super jump, I really really want to like, but it's just pointless for anything other than combining it with his other abilities (Orbital Javelin anyone?) and then there is radial Javelin. Sadly this as well is pretty iconic, given that it's been used in trailers as well, so switching it out would be difficult but given the skill i'm proposing it's also the most likely candidate next to super jump.

So, say get rid of super jump or radial Javelin, and give him this currently unnamed ability. I'd like to say you have the ability to choose what you conjure by slotting a weapon you already have, EX, having a skana in your melee slot and equipping a cronus in your "Dual wield" options, or if you have no other melee weapon selected simply copying the one you have equipped. When you toggle it you spawn an energy conjuration of that weapon on your back. From here you get access to a special set of animations (queue paycheck bonus for DE's animations team) which uses a method of combining the weapons base stats which I'm no good at math so I'm only able to think add them together flatly for simplicity and then apply mods (either weapon mods IE pressure point or frame mods IE intensify) or hell, why not both.

Bam, Excalibur is now viable endgame and has a unique ability, and adds some major fun factor to his otherwise pretty bland skillset, this can be tied into the combo system just like hysteria and it won't be too difficult to work out since weapons are categorized they can set combo set's for every combination and this won't even invalidate dual wielded weapons because, guess what those can be used as well with a whole lot of quickdrawing and acrobatics similar to the scythe stances.

Do I really expect this to gain any ground, no, but I like it Lotus darn it.

Radial Blind is an awesome ability that redeems everything about the frame and gives him a very specific role. It CC's, it DD's, it looks good doing it. 

Radial Javelin, Slash Dash, and Super Jump are all kind of sup-bar powers. The argument is mostly that he should not only have *one* good power, but that each power should be useful. Javelin should technically be doing as much damage as Bladestorm, as an example. 

Personally, I think Excalibur is fine. In the earlier descriptions of Excalibur, he provided was a balance of utility and aggressive abilities, giving a great choice to new players. Excalibur is mean to be a starter Warframe for new players (along with Mag and Volt... I don't know what new players come across, I started playing when they introduced Saryn). So buffing Excal would mean buffing Mag and Volt as well, which you don't want to do because we want to lead new players in, instead of giving them everything they need right off the bat.

I can see people wanting a buffed version of Excal, particularly the veteran players, but frankly he doesn't need it. You have a vast majority of Warframes to fill those niches. I'm a bit of an Excal fan too, but I know my other Frames need some lovin' too.

My opinion for his skill:

1. Slash dash: Helpfull so much for escape from crowd enemies surround him

2. Radial Blind: This skill very OP and could help him any kind condition (long run survival too)

3. Super Jump: Very fun to use

4. Radial Javaline: The damage are low, but still can usefull for cc in midgame

So do he need change, the answer is no.

Cast time on radial Javelin is slow leaving you exposed to attack, Slashdash damage drops off too quickly. Meaning neither are really needed. And if you don't need them why not replace them with something useful?

Radial Blind and the Eternal's build (more indepth look at the Eternals build). All you really need after this is a decent primary.

Edited by Austerity

I would LIKE Excalibur to get a buff because he's my favorite frame to use but the chance of that happening is the same as the chance World Fracture will be used and all the currently logged in players will get stuck inside the game and have to learn to cooperate and survive against the Grineer incursion and the Corpus separatist movement.  *finger's crossed*

I think the only buff Excalibur would get any use of is a big buff to his armor or shields, its really the only one that makes sense besides making radial javelin do 1000 base damage as it used to, and also the fact that the wielder of the sword Excalibur would never shed any blood as long as the sheath was with the sword. Not that any weapon besides the S&S and the katana's have sheaths.

I've deduced one thing from this thread. I have an unnatural enjoyment of dual wielding considering all conversation has been about whether it needs an actual buff or not and not the proposed idea lol

Er, you can just use a dual weapon.

There's no reason to get rid of any of his skills(particularly not his best one!), especially not for something that you can already do.

I think he could use a buff, but this is not it.

Im a excalibur player. I love him. but I do think his Radial Javelin  and Slash Dash could use a damage buff at least in PVE and make it so his Radial Javelin is able to hit more then 15 targets. and possibly go through walls. 

Buff needed. Excalibur is in dire straights compared to other frames; while he is a starter frame, Scott envisions all frames to be playable at all levels of the game which is why he continually looks at frames, new and old. But no attention ever seems to fall on poor old Excalibur. 

For those of us who have mastered Excalibur there is no need for a buff just know how to use him Radial Blind is potentially the most powerful CC in the game at the moment. His Super Jump can be combined with a mod to create an area shock wave which knocks down everything within his landing area effectively giving him more CC and damage. Slash Dash is good for lower levels and getting around and his Radial Javelin is useful even up to higher levels especially agaisnt infested. Not to mention you can combo his abilities with that of other warframes to create powerful combination attacks. I have beaten every single planet and up to tier 3 void defense using Excalibur been playing with him since closed beta I know him inside and out.

For those of us who have mastered Excalibur there is no need for a buff just know how to use him Radial Blind is potentially the most powerful CC in the game at the moment. His Super Jump can be combined with a mod to create an area shock wave which knocks down everything within his landing area effectively giving him more CC and damage. Slash Dash is good for lower levels and getting around and his Radial Javelin is useful even up to higher levels especially agaisnt infested. Not to mention you can combo his abilities with that of other warframes to create powerful combination attacks. I have beaten every single planet and up to tier 3 void defense using Excalibur been playing with him since closed beta I know him inside and out.

so we should just settle with the one usefull ability and the subpar other ones. I have mastered him and have a radial blind build that owns but I want all of his abilities to be just as viable like most of the other frames that dont need any kind of buff. radial javelin is only good from mid tier to begining of high tier. 

so we should just settle with the one usefull ability and the subpar other ones. I have mastered him and have a radial blind build that owns but I want all of his abilities to be just as viable like most of the other frames that dont need any kind of buff. radial javelin is only good from mid tier to begining of high tier. 

If you can claim that excal only has one "viable" move, you have not come anywhere close to mastering him.