Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Someone Who Designed The Breeding System Want To Tell Me How This Happened?

TheSeannachaidh

How did two of these:

XYBgD8G.png

... turn into this mess (sorry Haldos):

52jJaHU.jpg

If I don't give it DNA stabilizers will it die and free up that Stasis Slot?

I thought that the imprint breeding system was supposed to keep traits. I want the prints back to try again because obviously there was a bug. If I wanted a random kubrow I wouldn't have spent money platinum and platinum on getting prints from other players, I would have just hit the random button. I am really frustrated and disappointed right now...

The breeding system is obviously broken, or if it isn't, then it just sucks and needs to be better. I want a more reliable system if I have to spend money (sure some players will trade imprint for imprint, but most want platinum). This really ticked me off. The only thing that got transferred was the breed. All the colours are jumbled, the patterns are different, and the eyes aren't right. The fact that I took a screenshot of the print before breeding is pretty telling. I had a feeling I would be disappointed.

Edited by TheSeannachaidh
Language.

Supposedly if it's loyalty goes low enough it'll run away during a mission or something (just a rumor as far as I know). Don't give it any mods and take it to high level missions, see if that works.

The loyalty and health thing are for bonus not punishments afaik. If health hits 0, it'll be 0% bonus health.

You have a Strong chance to breed what you want, but in the end it's always RNGesus...

In that case it shouldn't consume imprints and we should be able to kill off the ones that go wrong... Waste of time and money. And I know I am raging, and it won't get me anywhere, but I am just fed up with RNG Simulator 2014. They changed all the colours in the the game right after I finally got a pure white Kubrow that I liked, and then I spend money to buy the stuff for one that I liked the look of after the change, and it gets #*($%%@ up too...

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

You have a Strong chance to breed what you want, but in the end it's always RNGesus...

And this is what actually sucks. RNG for platinum fee with no alternatives.

Devastating community feedback forced DE to shutdown the similar system, called DNA Scrambling. How this is different is beyond me.

I never used the term 'cash grab' talking about Warframe before. But this is so close that I can't really see the difference.

Edited by Khranitel

Devastating community feedback forced DE to shutdown the similar system, called DNA Scrambling. How this is different is beyond me.

I never used the term 'cash grab' talking about Warframe before. But this is so close that I can't really see the difference.

Yep...

You should contact support.  I don't think this is supposed to happen, there was a tweet from Sheldon that these kinds of problems aren't supposed to happen anymore.

It would be nice to have confirmation.  First the scrambler which was RNG for plat.  Then there's the fact that we have to pay for a stasis slot to hatch every kubrow, which are random.  Now you're telling me that even if I try to imprint it's still random?  I really, really hope not.  If so this is sickening.

Edited by LazarusDark

So they don't want you pick colors for kubrows for whatever reason and give you ugly kubrows instead. 

Where's the sense in all this?

And was plat the only way to change color?

Edited by SirAuron

Reminds me of Perfect World...

So they don't want pick color for kubrows for whatever reason and give you ugly kubrows instead. 

Where's the sense in all this?

And was plat the only way to change color?

I used plat to buy the imprints of the first Kubrow and then paired them up to get the ugly thing under it.

The loyalty and health thing are for bonus not punishments afaik. If health hits 0, it'll be 0% bonus health.

Not true. Look at the graph, it supports negative values; there's a horizontal white dividing line in the middle of the blue bar, with a +/- on either side. "0%" in this case is just the midway point, after which it goes negative (ostensibly at the same 20% intervals per day until it goes to -100%).

Somebody apparently even datamined the files and posted the relevant dialogue trees that it will in fact die once it reaches -100% health. Problem being, it'd take ten days.

Not true. Look at the graph, it supports negative values; there's a horizontal white dividing line in the middle of the blue bar, with a +/- on either side. "0%" in this case is just the midway point, after which it goes negative (ostensibly at the same 20% intervals per day until it goes to -100%).

Somebody apparently even datamined the files and posted the relevant dialogue trees that it will in fact die once it reaches -100% health. Problem being, it'd take ten days.

What about -100% loyalty?

Yepp, the Breeding system is pretty much useless.

If you so want it is flat out a platinum sink with random outcome. It was all designed with the "scrambling" feature in mind because they already know you can't get the thing you want through regular ways or only if you are very very very very very very lucky or so. You may have "increased chance" or somewhat... meh... simple the word "chance" shouldn't be there in the first place.

The lack of offical description what are dominant genes/traits, what are recessive genes/traits, how they work together when mixed together... How the chances are that something "good" comes out... It's all bullsh*t to be honest and it makes no fun if you keep on getting results you can't retrace/comprehend.

The lack of information provided by the game when scanning your Kubrow for Imprints is ridiculous as well.. yeah you have that nice visual representation of your Kubrow but that doesn't help much... It would be better if the game would have a TEXT-format representation of all the dominant/recessive genes/traits found on your Kubrow as well... Not only to give some insight on how that crappy breeding-system actually works but also to prevent that ridiculous trade-scamming that has taken over ever since U14 thanks to imprints. You should be able to review all the traits the Kubrow has on the imprint when trading.

Also that we only can have 2 imprints per Kubrow forces you to get even more Kubrows and/or imprints that you might not use. It's a friggin nightmare. We should have more imprints... like 2 per week or something rather than 2 forever.

But better yet would be a completely revamped breeding system anyways... something like that you can extract/isolate specific traits of the DNA sequence and then mix a bunch of extracted/isolated traits together to form a new "whole" imprint and use that one on an egg with 100% chance. Or make it possible to mutate your existing Kubrows with those isolated genes to actually make it the way you want it rather than storing 20 Kubrows in the fridge in the back of your ship that are nothing more than genetic waste material.

Bonding? Impossible with the current system... because how is one to bond with a thing that you invested resources and time in and then RNG screws you over and over. The only thing I can develop is disgust about how this system is so flawed from the very beginning.

It's not even like one of the regular flaws... that become obivous the longer people play and the more content gets added on top of it... Something like the damage system or melee system... the flaws became obvious the more mods and the higher the DPS went... but with the Kubrow breeding... man this sucks right of the box. Can't say anything different. It came out 1 and a half week ago and is already ripe for a 2.0.

I might create a thread with the idea of having isolated genes/traits on imprints for trade rather than storing the whole frigging sh*t on it that you might not like and may influence the whole outcome in a way you don't want because you don't know all the details or because the trade partner just simply lied to you.

[Edit] Created the thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/276436-feedback-kubrow-breeding-reviewed-suggestion-for-major-changes/

Edited by MeduSalem

I think they need to expand on the imprint system to a point of showing possible outcomes for a mixture of imprints. This would make it much less of a gamble for those people spending a lot of plat on Kubrows.

Possibly even set it up so that you can pick a pattern front imprint 1 and colors from imprint 2 etc to create the Kubrow you want, rather than an rng swing and miss.

I would be completely raging if I was the guy that bought my imprints for 900 plat only to have it spaz out and not give me what I was after.

I am a huge supporter of the Kubrow idea, I currently have 21 Kubrows. I would love to see better dissemination of the Kubrow system from DE without us having to beg for info.

I think they need to expand on the imprint system to a point of showing possible outcomes for a mixture of imprints. This would make it much less of a gamble for those people spending a lot of plat on Kubrows.

Possibly even set it up so that you can pick a pattern front imprint 1 and colors from imprint 2 etc to create the Kubrow you want, rather than an rng swing and miss.

I would be completely raging if I was the guy that bought my imprints for 900 plat only to have it spaz out and not give me what I was after.

I am a huge supporter of the Kubrow idea, I currently have 21 Kubrows. I would love to see better dissemination of the Kubrow system from DE without us having to beg for info.

And make it free.