Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Even The Point Of Kubrow Imprints. No, Really.

[DE]Momaw

What is the point of using this imprint for an awesome looking kubrow if I can't even be sure that what comes out will be similar? According to wiki it should be the same coloring, but... That's only one of three aspects of what makes a kubrow. It's not even the entire appearance, only half of it!

And now I also learn that imprints are used up when you apply them.  Which makes absolutely zero sense at all.  If you have the technology to genetically manipulate an organism, then you have the technology to make copies of its genome. They go hand in hand!

We can't even analyze the egg to see what its characteristics are before hatching it, to see what the offspring would be like as a result of its traits plus the imprint's traits, BEFORE we spend our inexplicably one-shot consumable imprint.  Why can't we sequence the egg and DECIDE whether we want to use it, since we obviously have the tech to manipulate these things?

Imprints seem pointless. I should have done more research.  This is twice that I have wasted resources on kubrow breeding.  Getting rather frustrated.  >:|

edit;

Possible solution?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/277231-kubrow-imprints-v15/

Edited by Momaw

What is the point of using this imprint for an awesome looking kubrow if I can't even be sure that what comes out will be similar? According to wiki it should be the same coloring, but... That's only one of three aspects of what makes a kubrow. It's not even the entire appearance, only half of it!

And now I also learn that imprints are used up when you apply them.  Which makes absolutely zero sense at all.  If you have the technology to genetically manipulate an organism, then you have the technology to make copies of its genome. They go hand in hand!

We can't even analyze the egg to see what its characteristics are before hatching it, to see what the offspring would be like as a result of its traits plus the imprint's traits, BEFORE we spend our inexplicably one-shot consumable imprint.  Why can't we sequence the egg and DECIDE whether we want to use it, since we obviously have the tech to manipulate these things?

Imprints seem pointless. I should have done more research.  This is twice that I have wasted resources on kubrow breeding.  Getting rather frustrated.  >:|

Dude, it is the same "genius" developer that makes blueprints go away when you craft most of the stuff, blueprints, you know, those things that anyone else would even begin to memorize, stuff like Fieldron, Detonite Injectors and Mugaten Mass are the worst offenders.

i know. the whole breeding system is getting ppl on their nervs. i ony have one kubrow atm, and i am not planning on breeding more until some kind of fix/rework or at least a very clear and solid explanation comes from DE on how this mechanics exactly work, or are intended to work. it takes too much time, resources, RNG, punishment (loyalty/dna stability) and most important.. too much plat.

if we could only be asured what type (sahasa, huras, etc) of kubrow are we going to get before we put the egg in the incubator. got a friend with 6 sahasas, all look alike. thats 60 plat on stasis chambers for pretty much the same kubrow and he is not even sure that the imprints he takes from these will be worh the effort, time and money he put in it, cos that is random too.

So far as i know, there is no way to free stasis slots. theres no way to "sell" your unwanted kubrow. and (if someone tried this already pls confirm) the only way so far to get rid of unwanted kubrows is letting 'em die??? really? breed it, hate it, kill it... or pay??

let us know at least what type of kubrow are we gonna get before hand (i.e: destroy kubrow den, you got a "Huras kubrow egg", or something in those lines). if i dont want a 7th sahasa in my collection, i just sell the egg for "X" amount of credits, or even give it for free for that matter. not everyone has the time, money or/nor the inclination to breed 100 kubrows just to keep the 4 they like the most and leave the other 96 sleeping in eternal stasis or die one by one over months. of course you could just spend the same amount of time and plat on trading imprints and trust the other guy gave you what you wanted, and then trust the imprints will affect the egg in the way you want.

Edit: some typos. added the last sentence, and then realised i am kinda mad at this mechanics too, so i'll keep it low.

Edited by locojuan

i bred Huras from two different huras prints and got a huras which was a combination of the colors of the original donors.

I have only done it once so ..... luck?

I thought when people asked for two prints it was because both prints guarantees 100% the color and type.

Im about to do it now so let's see.

I never really cared about the color because i was actually going to use a couple of rolls, and still waiting for this, to get a different color.

I am mostly worrying about the kind of Kubrow and the body size. Given that we will be eventually able to customize colors, colors shouldn't really be a factor. They are a factor now because DE took away that option so people are going nuts selling specific color for waaaaay too much money. Which may turn out better for DE because the amounts being thrown around are ridiculous. 

Yeah the whole breeding systems seems like it could use some polish, I will keep my first two kubrows but have no plan to breed anymore till some changes are made.

Breed more kubrows, sell imprints, make profits. So you dont ever have to pour more money into this garbage game anymore.