Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Imprints V1.5

[DE]Momaw

Right, so, I was kind of upset when I started getting into the world of puppy breeding. Usually when I give negative feedback I try to offer solutions because enjoying good games is more fun than griping about bad ones, so, here is my solution to the "imprints are useless" problem.  I've tried to come up with something that is both fair to players and profitable for DE.

Basically it goes like this:

* When you get a kubrow egg its traits are already decided. Your ultimate genetic makeup is  decided at the time of conception, not the moment of your birth, and eggs are the same way.  So the egg you pick up already knows whether it's male or female, which sub-species, and what it will look like.

* Before you incubate your kubrow egg, you can use your space magic on it to see what traits that egg has and whether you want to hatch it.  If you don't like the characteristics of the egg, you don't have to hatch it to be disappointed, you can just throw it away and get another egg.

* Applying an imprint on an egg opens the Gene Editor.  The Gene Editor shows you the characteristics of the egg and those of the imprint you have selected to apply to it as two columns.  So the colors, pattern, size, breed, sex, and all that are shown.  You get to CHOOSE which of the two possible inputs you want the final kubrow to have.  You get a few picks for free....  so for example if you have the inputs available you can guarantee that the kubrow will be a striped, reddish Sunika. Anything that you don't specifically pick will be randomly chosen from the two possibilities.

* You can buy more picks with platinum.   So maybe you can guarantee 3 traits for free when you apply an imprint, or spend 5 platinum per trait to guarantee more than this.  Provided you get the imprints you need, and the egg you need, you can get EXACTLY the kubrow you want....    but it will cost you platinum to do it in one generation, or a lot of time as you breed over multiple generations picking and choosing.

This lets players get out of RNG hell when it comes to which kubrow they get because they can decide which aspects of their doggy are most important to them, while also making some money for DE because there will always be a set of people that need to have their kubrow just so for cosmetic reasons.

Discuss.

Right, so, I was kind of upset when I started getting into the world of puppy breeding. Usually when I give negative feedback I try to offer solutions because enjoying good games is more fun than griping about bad ones, so, here is my solution to the "imprints are useless" problem.  I've tried to come up with something that is both fair to players and profitable for DE.

Basically it goes like this:

* When you get a kubrow egg its traits are already decided. Your ultimate genetic makeup is  decided at the time of conception, not the moment of your birth, and eggs are the same way.  So the egg you pick up already knows whether it's male or female, which sub-species, and what it will look like.

* Before you incubate your kubrow egg, you can use your space magic on it to see what traits that egg has and whether you want to hatch it.  If you don't like the characteristics of the egg, you don't have to hatch it to be disappointed, you can just throw it away and get another egg.

* Applying an imprint on an egg opens the Gene Editor.  The Gene Editor shows you the characteristics of the egg and those of the imprint you have selected to apply to it as two columns.  So the colors, pattern, size, breed, sex, and all that are shown.  You get to CHOOSE which of the two possible inputs you want the final kubrow to have.  You get a few picks for free....  so for example if you have the inputs available you can guarantee that the kubrow will be a striped, reddish Sunika. Anything that you don't specifically pick will be randomly chosen from the two possibilities.

* You can buy more picks with platinum.   So maybe you can guarantee 3 traits for free when you apply an imprint, or spend 5 platinum per trait to guarantee more than this.  Provided you get the imprints you need, and the egg you need, you can get EXACTLY the kubrow you want....    but it will cost you platinum to do it in one generation, or a lot of time as you breed over multiple generations picking and choosing.

This lets players get out of RNG hell when it comes to which kubrow they get because they can decide which aspects of their doggy are most important to them, while also making some money for DE because there will always be a set of people that need to have their kubrow just so for cosmetic reasons.

Discuss.

tumblr_mt8031qrp01rqfhi2o1_400.gif

EDIT: Pls no plat restrictions.

• 2 months later...