Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Kubrows] Build A Brow Workshop: Genetic Template Revamp + General Feedback

MonsieurZero

I hold no expectation for this to be integrated into Warframe in any shape or form, regardless of how much the idea appeases myself and my in-game desires. However, feel free to start a conversation; state your opinions, present ideas or issues if you happen to have any. Personally, while again I hold no expectations, I would be humbled to have a Developer or a Moderator express their opinions on the concept and provide feedback if they so desire.

- - - - - - - - - - -  

While Kubrows are a new addition to Warframe, I don't believe that much of what Kubrows have to offer was implemented the best it could have been. I'm not saying that it's terrible, nor am I saying that I expected perfection; the general concept of Kubrows definitely has merit and potential. However, how it was implemented leaves little control or benefit to the user due to extensive waiting times, randomization and what have you.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Firstly - I'll just get this out of the way so that I may discuss more complex matters - Kubrows need a more beneficial way of being removed. Currently, there are two ways to get rid of a Kubrow:

• The first way to get rid of a Kubrow is to essentially let it fall apart via discontinuing genetic stabilization.
  • The second way is the force it to hate you through allowing enemies to use it for target practice, which I personally couldn't imagine many Tenno wishing to partake in.

Now, while I do not encourage the act of 'puppy blending', the basic concept - that being, forcing the destruction of your Kubrow - isn't all that bad. Kubrow maintenance presents the concept of preserving genetic stability, allowing Kubrow longevity. The same idea can be implemented to serve the opposite role; an injection that can be bought on the market, and built in the foundry that forces genetic instability upon your Kubrow. This process could take... an hour perhaps to complete (or rushed for platinum) considering that almost everything Kubrow related requires waiting.

Or, if the thought of purchasing and building an injection in order to kill your pet seems a little inhumane, perhaps the idea of Lotus' Animal Shelter™ would be more to your liking.

- - - - - - - - - - -

On to more pressing matters: Genetic Templates!

*Rambling*

Personally, I particularly love Warframe for the ability to customize my appearance. Colour palettes, armour pieces, syandanas, it is wonderful. It allows me to express my uniquity of preference. Prior to Update 14, while Kubrows were not of my highest concern, I wondered how coat colour and patterning was going to be implemented. Needless to say I was rather disappointed, be it by the lack of information provided on the subject, the lack of control when attempting to achieve what one desired, or the fact that the only means of customization was behind both a randomization wall and a platinum wall (which has now been removed). However, I'm not here to gripe about what's broken, au contraire, I merely wish to offer feedback on how to fix and possibly improve various aspects of Kubrow customization.

Now, back to Genetic Templates, which I shall call GTs for the time being. The first problem with GTs is that they tell you very little. While they do give you a picture of the Kubrow they originated from, that offers little to no benefit when attempting to combine GTs. You may attempt to combine a dark furred Kubrow with a white lotus pattern, with a blue eyed Sahasa and miraculously obtain a dark furred, white lotus'd, blue eyed Sahasa... or, you may get a number of different, undesired combinations depending on the dominant and recessive traits those Kubrows happened to have, and how they are capable of mixing. However, these traits are not listed other than by what you can determine visually, which does not offer all the information that each Kubrow possesses.

TL;DR: put briefly, it is difficult, nay, highly improbable, to build one's perfect/ideal Kubrow(s) using the current system. But, rather than going on and on, I'll simply start to explain the one I came up with. I call it the Build A 'Brow Workshop System. Essentially it is Genetic Engineering. This system has three pieces:

• Genetic Scanners (for lack of a better name)
  • Genetic Fingerprints (also, for lack of a better name)
  • Genetic Templates

First, the Genetic Scanner. This shall be bought as a blueprint and built in the foundry. What it does is simple: it is a one-time use, gene scanner that will give you a list of all your Kubrow's genetic traits. If the Kubrow is destroyed, the Genetic Scanner goes with it.

Second, the Genetic Fingerprints. Again, blueprint and foundry-built. However, these are relatively cheap to build, perhaps coming in bundles of five or ten. Now, when used on a Kubrow, a Genetic Fingerprint will record a single genetic trait on it. These can be used as many times as the user desires. Traits such as Lotus Patterning and Black Fur will of course have a higher rarity, and thus will be difficult to acquire via this method. Think old Orokin Void but with Kubrows. Yes, these fingerprints can be traded.

And lastly, the Genetic Template, which already has a blueprint and is foundry-built. This Genetic Template works rather differently in comparison to its current model. This Template presents slots (similar to polarized mod slots) pertaining to each aspect of a Kubrow's genetic make-up:

• Fur Colour
  • Fur Pattern I + Fur Pattern Colour
  • Fur Pattern II + Fur Pattern Colour
  • Eye Colour
  • Body Type
  • Breed

To make things simpler, perhaps Fur, Eye and Pattern Colour can all be generalized by a single Colour fingerprint. Also, if parts of the imprint are left blank - for instance, fingerprints are acquired for all but Body Type, then the Kubrow's body type will be randomized and the result may end up looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Now, as for combining templates, this is where things get messy. While at first I figured combining would be too complex, I realize that it does have potential. Just to point out, this would require one to obtain up to two full sets of fingerprints.

• Colour: First Scenario: If two of the same colours are combined, you simply get that colour as a result. Second Scenario: If two different colours are combined, they are mixed to create a new colour. However, this colour cannot become a genetic fingerprint, thus colour mixing can only occur once.
  • Pattern: Patterns are simply overlaid upon one another. Up to four patterns can be overlaid.
  • Eye Colour: Eyes are unique when it comes to colour combination. First Scenario: If two of the same colours are combined, you simply get that colour as a result. Second Scenario: If two different colours are combined, the Kubrow will develop Heterochromia. The first template will denote the colour of the LEFT eye, while the second denotes the RIGHT.
  • Body Type & Breed: Unlike Colour, Body Types and Breeds do not mix. First Scenario: If two of the same body types/breeds are combined, you simply get that body type/breed as a result. Second Scenario: If two different body types/breeds are combined, the result will be chosen at random between the two.

*EDIT*
   It has come to my attention that this system would require some form of regulation. It would not be viable for someone to have a Kubrow with their carefully selected fingerprints to only have those genetic traits, because said Kubrow could be turned into a certified cash cow. Currently I see two options to remedy this:

• The simpler choice: disallow custom-built Kubrows from producing fingerprints. This way, cash cow Kubrows can only be obtained via genetic randomization prior to incubation.
  • The complex choice: allow custom-built Kubrows to produce fingerprints, but standardize the number of genetic traits a Kubrow is capable of producing.

With combining Genetic Templates, a combined Kubrow will have SIXTEEN visually apparent traits, which are stated above. Now, if a Kubrow had somewhere in the range of 25 to 30 genetic traits in total, this would still allow the rare traits to be rare, and the common traits to be common. While the fingerprints integrated into the genetic templates would still define the resultant Kubrow's build and appearance, the rest of the genetic traits would be inactive and randomized.

*EDIT II*

Apparently Kubrow Size is also a genetic trait, and here I thought puppy-sized Kubrows were a bug. Currently, I am unaware of the potential sizes Kubrows are capable of being. Therefore, as an example I will use Small, Medium and Large as the three categories. Size combinations would work similar to Colour combinations, allowing a total of FIVE resultant size-variants. 

• Small + Small = Small
  • Small + Medium = Hybrid Size I
  • Medium + Medium = Medium = Small + Large
  • Medium + Large = Hybrid Size II
  • Large + Large = Large

As with Colour combinations, hybrid sizes do not possess genetic fingerprints. Thus, combined Kubrows now have EIGHTEEN visually apparent traits.

*EDIT III*

A Tenno by the name MeduSalem created a thread with ideas that mirror the ones in this thread, feel free to scope it out: HERE

*EDIT IV*

I wish to point out that I have not accidentally forgotten to add Kubrow Gender to the list of genetic traits. I have purposefully decided to exclude gender due to the fact that it is not a visual characteristic in DE's Kubrow design; male and female Kubrows are identical in terms of appearance, and in terms of competence on the battlefield. If DE were to create recognizable distinction between genders, I would reconsider; but until then, adding a gender traits would only complicate matters even further. While I am all for a more complex and intuitive Kubrow construction system, refinements through 'trimming the fat' are often necessary.

*EDIT V*
   It appears that my assumption pertaining to gender not effecting Kubrow appearance may be inaccurate thanks to new information provided by a Tenno by the name Hellions. Thus, combined Kubrows now have TWENTY visually apparent traits. The rules for Kubrow Gender fingerprints would follow suit with Breed and Body Type.
In believing that this shall be the final amount, I shall create a conclusive list:

KUBROW ALPHA:

• Colour A-I (Fur) Eg. Black
  • Colour A-II (Pattern I) Eg. Blue
  • Colour A-III (Pattern II) Eg. Dark Blue
  • Colour A-IV (Eyes) Brown
  • Pattern A-I (Pattern I) Eg. Lotus
  • Pattern A-II (Pattern I) Eg. Spots
  • Body Type A Eg. Slim
  • Size A Eg. Large
  • Gender A Eg. Female
  • Breed A Eg. Huras

KUBROW BETA:

• Colour B-I (Fur) Eg. Black
  • Colour B-II (Pattern I) Eg. Grey
  • Colour B-III (Pattern II) Eg. White
  • Colour B-IV (Eyes) Eg. Blue
  • Pattern B-I (Pattern I) Eg. Lotus
  • Pattern B-II (Pattern I) Eg. Lower Jaw + Underbelly
  • Body Type B Eg. Slim
  • Size B Eg. Small
  • Gender B Eg. Male
  • Breed B Eg. Huras

The resultant Kubrow would have Black Fur, a Grey-Blue Lotus Pattern, Dark Blue Spots, a White Lower Jaw + Underbelly, and Heterochromia with they left eye being Brown and the right being Blue. It would have a Slim build, be Medium sized, and it has an equal chance of being either a male or female Huras.

Edited by MonsieurZero

Absolutely love this idea, and being a new player that just started the Howl of the Kubrow quest, this would make a wait for changes become more bearable since I know I pretty much want a Raksa Kubrow with a normal fur pattern (aka the pattern on the codex), and seeing as this whole ramdomization thing makes me quite leery, it means I'll just buy all the materials with credits and sit on them until an update shows up.

While I have intended for the ideas in this topic to be designed toward player benefit, I cannot overlook how the current implementation benefits Digital Extremes and the Developers. With all that was added in Update 14: Quests, Ships, Mirage, Tenno Reinforcements, and of course Kubrows, the latter holds the most potential for being a genuine company cash cow. Mind you, I do not state this with a negative undertone; Digital Extremes is a company that requires the player's money to thrive, be it through forcing Kubrow incubation, quick-healing stasis sickness, purchasing stasis slots, purchasing Kubrow accessories, etc.

I shall assume that the more things one is able to spend platinum on defines 'company benefit' in a general sense; the potential to spend platinum to sate one's impatience. Considering that this system is comprised of three parts that require foundry-building, that entails three components capable of rushing and or purchasing with platinum right off the bat. Now, people have the tendency to spent platinum on the freedom of personal customization, yes? That is the purpose behind palettes, armour pieces and syandanas, which from my player experience sell exceptionally well. I must say, I am utterly shocked at how DE missed such a generous opportunity. However, I shall give them the benefit of a doubt and assume it was due to the update's release being rushed.

While I cannot predict how the Build A Brow Workshop System™ would function as a Trade Channel economy, I do know this: certainty that one shall get what they pay for has a greater tendency to encourage one to spend their money.

@MonsieurZero: I had a similar if not identical idea a few days ago and made a thread, but it did not gain as much traction as I would have liked it:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/276436-kubrow-breeding-reviewed-suggestion-for-a-genetic-forge-using-specific-trait-cards/

But basically I would also have something like "Trait"-Cards (Fingerprints as you say it) which are extracted via scanning and that store a specifc trait, can be combined together and used in a Template to either mutate existing Kubrows or create new random eggs as well as being traded with other players...

The system would also work similar to the mod-card system, by being fused and whatnot but the trait-cards would be used up permanently during the process.

By the way one of the guys in my thread came up with a good idea how to regulate the market... He suggested that modified/designed Kubrows DNA is so destabilized that one can't extract/scan any fingerprints from it anymore... that way genetic source material is taken out of the system creating a market to breed new Kubrows that serve only for the purpose of extracting new fingerprints.

So basically there would be Kubrows that are designed and can only "receive" new traits, while others randomly incubated ones that are only for the purpose of "extracting" traits.

I wouldn't mind if our threads were merged retaining the original comments with my thread merged into yours so that yours is getting bigger and gaining more traction... If you don't mind it, of course. I'll ask a Mod to do it once you give an okay to it. Be cause I don't think I will update my thread once more when it keeps getting buried underneath all the other feedback in the general section all the time. ^^

If you don't want a merge feel free to adapt some of the basic ideas I had into yours as I'd be glad to help you out with that idea as I feel the current system is seriously lacking and needs to be changed.

Quick thing, could you clear formatting on your text please? Copy it then paste with control+shift+v, I just find it incredibly hard to read

Also what noveltyhero wrote below me... Don't mind the colors and underlines/bolds/italian, but you should seriously think about changing the font because it's very very hard to read, which especial drives people away who hate to read walls of text.

Edited by MeduSalem

This is one thing i don't understand why people do it...

Why do you underline "how things should be" like you're designing it yourself? You know DE can't take the idea because they'll attempt to twist it to either make it look "Original" or make it a warped timer-filled mess for the sake of "Monetization"

There is a lot there that i didn't read, mainly because what i'm seeing is that you're underlining a bunch of rules that i'm 100% sure will never be. So why did you do it?

(And if you ask "So what should i do then?"... Well, firstly i'll argue that DE doesn't care, but if you believe they do, then maybe just tell them how you feel and try to break down why. That seems infinitely more helpful.)

-snip-

Underlines are not equal to rules. They may also help shifting attention to core points. If they are adapted exactly this way or not is of secondary importance. Most people just hate to read endless wall of texts and without pictures to break up the monotony, so any formatting will help.

Also if you are pretty sure DE doesn't care of any feedback I'd suggest you leaving the feedback section and spare people this bullcrap of yours. It's not contributing to the topic of the thread at all. ^^

Edited by MeduSalem

This is one thing i don't understand why people do it...

Why do you underline "how things should be" like you're designing it yourself? You know DE can't take the idea because they'll attempt to twist it to either make it look "Original" or make it a warped timer-filled mess for the sake of "Monetization"

There is a lot there that i didn't read, mainly because what i'm seeing is that you're underlining a bunch of rules that i'm 100% sure will never be. So why did you do it?

(And if you ask "So what should i do then?"... Well, firstly i'll argue that DE doesn't care, but if you believe they do, then maybe just tell them how you feel and try to break down why. That seems infinitely more helpful.)

As MeduSalem aptly stated, the formatting is merely applied as a means to organize and or notify the reader of key points within the original post. I understand that 'how things should be' is a state of being left in DE's capable hands, not mine. With the amount of people who create feedback/system revamp posts, everyone has a different opinion on how the game should function. This thread does not imply that Kubrows "should" function a certain way (and that the way it should is my own way), it is simply an opinion on how to help player-benefit and control, and presenting a system that accomplishes that.

Needless to say, I implore you to read through an entire post before making such blatant accusations.

Edited by MonsieurZero

Needless to say, I implore you to read through an entire post before making such blatant accusations.

Ok, that's not fair.

Firstly, there might be a lot of "Could"s instead of a lot of "Should"s so i guess it's not rules but suggestions. But you ARE underlining a whole "Brow Workshot System" so i'm not "accusing" you of doing anything but that.

What i'm saying is that this is way too much though into something that i highly doubt DE will take in it's final form anyway. It seems lovely, i would like this system above what DE currently have (but that wouldn't be hard to pull off) and i completely respect the though process you're putting in there (you had my +1, by the way). What i'm saying is that this might be a waste of cool feedback on the eyes of DE that up until now have not even ONCE mentioned anything about changing Kubrows whatsoever that i'm aware of. We're 2 weeks into the system and all they did was actions to reduce Backlash, which i'm choosing to believe they knew would happen but did anyways (By this i'm referring to the removal of the Scrambler.)

Edited by ReiganCross

Quick thing, could you clear formatting on your text please? Copy it then paste with control+shift+v, I just find it incredibly hard to read

Also what noveltyhero wrote below me... Don't mind the colors and underlines/bolds/italian, but you should seriously think about changing the font because it's very very hard to read, which especial drives people away who hate to read walls of text.

I must say I'm surprised by this. If anything, I would have assumed that the font style I use would benefit the topic's legibility, considering the letters are more defined; I actually use it in my posts partially for the fact that I personally find it easier to read, not to mention it's a font that I've never found particularly appealing to the eyes. I guess I'll look into a means of reverting the font type.

I must say I'm surprised by this. If anything, I would have assumed that the font style I use would benefit the topic's legibility, considering the letters are more defined; I actually use it in my posts partially for the fact that I personally find it easier to read, not to mention it's a font that I've never found particularly appealing to the eyes. I guess I'll look into a means of reverting the font type.

Well no worries I copied and pasted it to clear the formatting, no personal opinion on your suggestion but it has been relayed to megathread

Thats such a nice idea, and this is what would bring realism into the kubrow/pet-system.

I have a suggestion how to get rid of the "unwanted" kubrows. How about implementing a quest where you will set your free kubrow into the wild, maybe a extermination where you would have to find a abandoned kubrow den. This means you have to defend your kubrow till you found a suitable "new home" for that kubrow. I think that is much more human as to let it die or just to "sell/delete" it.

Ok, that's not fair.

Firstly, there might be a lot of "Could"s instead of a lot of "Should"s so i guess it's not rules but suggestions. But you ARE underlining a whole "Brow Workshot System" so i'm not "accusing" you of doing anything but that.

What i'm saying is that this is way too much though into something that i highly doubt DE will take in it's final form anyway. It seems lovely, i would like this system above what DE currently have (but that wouldn't be hard to pull off) and i completely respect the though process you're putting in there. What i'm saying is that this might be a waste of cool feedback on the eyes of DE that up until now have not even ONCE mentioned anything about changing Kubrows whatsoever that i'm aware of. We're 2 weeks into the system and all they did was actions to reduce Backlash, which i'm choosing to believe they knew would happen but did anyways (By this i'm referring to the removal of the Scrambler.)

This is underlining.

This is italicizing.

I assure you that there are no instances of the word "should" used in the original post. There are a total of three instances where the word "could" is used, and one instance where the word "couldn't" is used.

I understand that DE will most certainly never lay their eyes upon this post, or the majority of other revamp concept idea posts. However, this post was made because I, as with many in this community, am a passionate player of Warframe who wants nothing more than to see it succeed and grow indefinitely. And thus, I offer my opinions and feedback on topics I am passionate about; I do not simply touch upon what is wrong with the game, I enjoy putting my utmost into offering a solution or two, regardless of whether or not it'll be in vain.

DE will address the issue when they are ready and capable. Two weeks isn't very long, not to mention their attention has been primarily focused on fixing current bugs with the game and dealing with server issues, be it DDoS or what have you.

- - -

Anyway, this is a trivial argument. I never intended any ill will toward you for your comment. I would prefer to end this dispute respectfully if it is alright with you.

Edited by MonsieurZero

Thats such a nice idea, and this is what would bring realism into the kubrow/pet-system.

I have a suggestion how to get rid of the "unwanted" kubrows. How about implementing a quest where you will set your free kubrow into the wild, maybe a extermination where you would have to find a abandoned kubrow den. This means you have to defend your kubrow till you found a suitable "new home" for that kubrow. I think that is much more human as to let it die or just to "sell/delete" it.

I thought about this myself actually, although my idea wasn't as complete as the one you've presented. Quests would be a viable alternative, as the quest system currently has much room for addition and expansion. My only gripe with the idea would be having to do the quest repeatedly, not to mention having to wait for the Kubrow to reach adulthood in order to accomplish said quest. I figured an injection would be viable regardless of which stage of development the Kubrow happened to be in at the time... which probably doesn't make it sound any less humane. :P

@MonsieurZero: I had a similar if not identical idea a few days ago and made a thread, but it did not gain as much traction as I would have liked it:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/276436-kubrow-breeding-reviewed-suggestion-for-a-genetic-forge-using-specific-trait-cards/

But basically I would also have something like "Trait"-Cards (Fingerprints as you say it) which are extracted via scanning and that store a specifc trait, can be combined together and used in a Template to either mutate existing Kubrows or create new random eggs as well as being traded with other players...

The system would also work similar to the mod-card system, by being fused and whatnot but the trait-cards would be used up permanently during the process.

By the way one of the guys in my thread came up with a good idea how to regulate the market... He suggested that modified/designed Kubrows DNA is so destabilized that one can't extract/scan any fingerprints from it anymore... that way genetic source material is taken out of the system creating a market to breed new Kubrows that serve only for the purpose of extracting new fingerprints.

So basically there would be Kubrows that are designed and can only "receive" new traits, while others randomly incubated ones that are only for the purpose of "extracting" traits.

I wouldn't mind if our threads were merged retaining the original comments with my thread merged into yours so that yours is getting bigger and gaining more traction... If you don't mind it, of course. I'll ask a Mod to do it once you give an okay to it. Be cause I don't think I will update my thread once more when it keeps getting buried underneath all the other feedback in the general section all the time. ^^

If you don't want a merge feel free to adapt some of the basic ideas I had into yours as I'd be glad to help you out with that idea as I feel the current system is seriously lacking and needs to be changed.

@MeduSalem: I hadn't personally browsed the feedback threads for any ideas that worked in tandem with my own prior to writing this thread. However, I am happy to know that there are others of like mind when it comes to creating a solution to the Kubrow dilemma. :)

I believe that a partial reason as to why neither of our threads are receiving much traction is due to where we posted our threads. General Feedback can refer to much of Warframe, thus threads like ours only tend to stay afloat for an hour at most before being washed away by countless others. Therefore, even if we were to merge our threads, it would only remain acknowledged if it were continuously commented upon, which would be unlikely.

As for the market regulation idea, I like it a lot. It seems to co-inside with the "simpler choice" I listed in my thread, but branches out to present what the system implies, which is impressive.

Anyway, with all due respect, I wish to decline your offer. However, I shall put a link to your thread on mine because of the similarities in design. It isn't much, but I hope it'll help keep your thread alive for a time. :)

im gonna drop the idea from my post here to kind of localize everything to one thread, or so i hope.

when you choose your templates, the attributes of each should be displayed to cherry pick from. this is genetic cloning and we should be able to choose the genetic traits that appeal to us and not rely on RNG as if it was actual breeding.

1), this would fix the issue where when using two identical templates some attributes randomly change, it should be a straight up clone when using two identical templates.

2), there is no reason we should HAVE to use two templates; the use of two should be done purely for diversification. 

3), the act of random incubation, then to be used in order to generate new pups so you can get prints with traits you don't yet have access too. 

did a lil mock up to kind portray what im thinking. 

p5FaBlc.jpg

Edited by Vanhline

im gonna drop the idea from my post here to kind of localize everything to one thread, or so i hope.

when you choose your templates, the attributes of each should be displayed to cherry pick from. this is genetic cloning and we should be able to choose the genetic traits that appeal to us and not rely on RNG as if it was actual breeding.

1), this would fix the issue where when using two identical templates some attributes randomly change, it should be a straight up clone when using two identical templates.

2), there is no reason we should HAVE to use two templates; the use of two should be done purely for diversification. 

3), the act of random incubation, then to be used in order to generate new pups so you can get prints with traits you don't yet have access too. 

./Agreed

Since it was clearly stated throughout the Streams and in-game as a genetic modification process, it's essentially cloning with the material at hand.  The current situation of utter random kubrows being developed undermines the point of using genetic templates.  The templates quite literally do nothing at this point in time.  

Stories of folks cloning up to 25+ different kubrow just to get a chance at one attribute, then using those templates to get the right color but ending up with something completely different are rampant.  

If the puppy blender is going to work my friends, then Vanhline's proposal above only serves to make overwhelming sense.

Nuff said.

~Tenno out

I thought about this myself actually, although my idea wasn't as complete as the one you've presented. Quests would be a viable alternative, as the quest system currently has much room for addition and expansion. My only gripe with the idea would be having to do the quest repeatedly, not to mention having to wait for the Kubrow to reach adulthood in order to accomplish said quest. I figured an injection would be viable regardless of which stage of development the Kubrow happened to be in at the time... which probably doesn't make it sound any less humane. :P

Ok now its going to be maybe abit macabre and disgusting for other but, how about if you are able to see right in incubation state what "result"(how will the kubrow look) when its matured? And if you aren't satisfied you could abort that, like a real birth. Nice idea but thats really too much realsim for a game like WF as i think, it may reasonable for something like a breeding simulator which wasn't intended by DE. So yeah as you recognized the "you have to wait until its matured until you can set it free"- factor is still the factor givin the whole thing enough realism and consequences and so on.... kinda breeding a real puppy with just the bright sights of life..., what was meant from DE. I was thinking about something like a abortion too, but i wanted to keep the basic idea from DE aswell in there. Sure i could be totally wrong in terms of DE' s intention(i hope not so :P).

And for the quest, it could be a one time quest like the one for the bonding necklace with multiple possibilities as they are:

1. Like the bonding quest you would have to it just once and for all and after you succeeded you get a [send your Kubrow back to wild] button for all other kubrows you are eventually want to get rid off.

2. You have to have to succeed the quest for every kubrow which shall return into the wild once. Means that every single quest (for every single kubrow) you have to do guaranteed a abandoned den.

Personally i favorite option 2 as it ensures that you don' t have the luck factor for the abandoned den in there and thus no mission/kubrow den hunting. But still a farewell feeling, which will be a enrichment for the entire atmosphere of the game i think.

EDIT: Oh Sh*** my english grammar...i hope everyone understands my thoughts as they were meant ^^

Edited by Cpl_Jigsore

-snip-

Uh... I don't think abortion in the traditional sense would be possible. xD

I mean, considering it's an egg that grows outside of the womb, perhaps the egg could be smashed and or incinerated before the incubation process is complete. Or, you could potentially give it to Javik and let him decide what to do with it... *random Mass Effect references*

JavikAirlock-00.jpg

I wouldn't deem it disgusting or macabre, but I'd imagine it would cause those adamant toward the pro-choice/pro-life argument to flock to Digital Extremes' doorstep. :P

As for the quest, I personally prefer option 1. However I would be open to the idea of it preserving the option to do the quest for every Kubrow, while also having a release Kubrow button.