Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blackscreen After Mission

Nomadd

Always when i cant get to extraction but the rest of my team can and the time is over i see how my Warframe flies away in his ship after that i get a black screen and cant do anyting this is really annoying espescially after a 35minutes survival mission because the items are not saved when i quit and restart Warframe.

I got this problem since i started playing warframe again with the u14.

All that stuff is happening to me as well. 3 times now. Seems to be getting worse. Support desk is overloaded so I cant submit a ticket. One thing gets fixed and another gets broke. Hope we get somewhere stable soon. Gonna stop playing till the next hot-fix update. This one is terrible. Completely pointless to run any mission if im not gonna get Mods or XP I earned after a mission.

Edited by 5nak3Doctor

XP isn't saved either, I've earned levels 25-28 on my Trinity & Grinlok twice thus far today (and not by leeching); suspect it's the same lag affecting login servers: client's confirming with the server what you earned/was dropped and is timing out. Black screen's probably not the best thing to display during any important process, especially if that process can be delayed/failed due to network conditions.

Edit: Third time, screw this, I'll be back in a week to see if it's improved at all.

Edited by Stygiax

I'm also pretty much in the same situation as you are...

I started playing U14 when it reached 14.0.5 because of a blackout caused by typhoon..

At first thought it was my connection problem, from time to time I was getting a blackscreen after mission...

But, days after, I started to notice that everytime I got blackscreen, I always receive a pop up message telling me that "Host is no longer available" or etc..

As soon as I hit okay, it gives me BLACKSCREEN... Only force ending process or ALT+F is the only way out of it...

Mostly experiencing this when I am taking Void missions..

Until this got fixed, I will only Log in to Warframe for Login Rewards and Extractor Collection....

We were able to stop the blackscreen by setting matchmaking to friends only and the guy with the blackscreens needs to be session host. Might relieve the pain a bit until a fix has been deployed. Good luck, Tenno (also disable DX11 and 64 bit if used).

Edited by EWar

Same thing here...did Sechura for 30 min with a really good random squad and then got blackscreen after the reward screen in the mission, could not quit warframe, had to restart pc, came back, all xp gone... so annoying.

Not to mention the T4 Ext Key (+ reward) i lost due to the same issue earlier... but i guess there are still heavier losses... not nice anyway.
Well, time to play some other games until this is fixed... don't want to lose more to those blackscreens.

Edited by Crescendium

This has happened to me every time I try to run a mission, I've stopped playing the game for now. The black screen thing is particularly weird in that, when you force quit the game, it's still running under Processes but not Applications.

Also another weird effect of this bug is that after the first completion screen, my character reappears at the extraction point, sometimes crouching, sometimes dead, and a few seconds later the black (or sometimes white) screen happens.

This literally makes the game unplayable, happening every mission. But it can't be affecting many people because a) the forums aren't on fire, and b) DE haven't commented on it, or taken the game off-line until it's fixed. So it must just be an unlucky few of us affected.

We were able to stop the blackscreen by setting matchmaking to friends only and the guy with the blackscreens needs to be session host. Might relieve the pain a bit until a fix has been deployed. Good luck, Tenno (also disable DX11 and 64 bit if used).

Will try to disable the 64 bit, but what do you mean disable DirectX11??

Just started happening for me after most recent hotfix 14.1.1. First started occuring upon accidentally finishing a missions just as the red server text popped up to tell me to stay in mission for hotfix.

Will try to disable the 64 bit, but what do you mean disable DirectX11??

It's a launcher option as well.

Sometimes disabling it stopped some crashes in the past. Might or might not help here.