Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miron Battle Rifle: Filling The Gap Between Braton And Latron

Telogor

Codex Entry:

The Miron makes use of high-caliber ammunition to punch through both shields and armor with ease.

Impact: 27.5

Puncture: 27.5

Slash: 5.0

Accuracy: 42.0

Rate: 5.5

Critical: 2.0x | 10%

Magazine: 60

Reload: 3.0

Trigger: Auto

Mastery Rank: 9

I designed this weapon to be a usable version of the pre-U14 MK1 Braton.  I've noticed a huge gap between DMRs like the Latron and the assault rifles like the Braton, with the only weapon in that gap (pre-U14 MK1 Braton) a piece of junk.  This weapon fills that niche for the more-experienced players who are looking for a viable automatic that isn't just another bullet sprayer like the Braton Prime, Supra, Soma, Gorgon, Boltor Prime, etc.  I specifically bring up the Boltor Prime to show that this weapon isn't absurdly top-tier.  The Boltor Prime does almost as much damage per shot as the Miron and has almost double the fire rate.

Possible design: http://wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90#mediaviewer/File:FNPS9002.jpg , but with a longer barrel and a foregrip.

EDIT: Increased the MR requirement to address some concerns about weapon balance.  The Miron might be better than the MR 6/7 weapons, but it's also much higher MR, so it's justified.

Edited by Telogor

• 1 month later...

Codex Entry:

The Miron makes use of high-caliber ammunition to punch through both shields and armor with ease.

Impact: 9.4

Puncture: 9.4

Slash: 19.2

Accuracy: 40.0

Rate: 5.5

Critical: 2.0x | 8%

Magazine: 36

Reload: 2.4

Trigger: Auto

Mastery Rank: 5 or 6

I entered in my own idea of how the weapon should really handle stats wise.

For what it's worth, your current stats would blow the Latron to pieces, and I like to think the Latron prime and Latron wraith should be the truer replacements for the Latron, not an automatic.  I do agree there could stand to be a a "true upgrade" to the MKI Braton though, same for the Lato.  Closest the Lato has is the Vasto, though the Vasto is more about raw power at the expense of ammo capacity, not being a simple handgun.  The Braton, Braton Prime, and Karak technically fill the roll of upgrade for the MKI Braton, however, they're more about being bullet hoses as opposed to slower, more accurate and well balanced steady streams of lead.  Fortunately, both the MKI and the Lato got a buff recently since Vor's Prize - they're a LOT more effective now.

It's a weapon that would be cool to have, though I'm not sure on the necessity (of course, MOST weapons released lack any necessity at all, rule of cool and all.)

No, the Miron wouldn't blow the Latron out of the water.  It would be a direct upgrade, true, but it's only 6 more damage, less bonus vs armor, and only 1 more round per second.  This fits with the mastery ranks.  Latron is a BEGINNER weapon.  It's MR 0.  This is a high-end weapon for experienced players, like the Latron Prime.  Comparing this to the Latron Prime, it has about 30% less damage, 33% less crit chance, 20% less crit multiplier, less damage bonus vs armor, and 60% less status chance, with only a 1 RPS increase in fire rate.  Comparing this to the Soma, another high-end unprimed weapon, it would have slightly less DPS, at about 10-12k vs 13k.  The overall damage is also comparable to the Synapse, Penta, Supra, and a well-modded Grakata.  It's not really in need of much of a nerf, if any.

Littleman88, your version of the Miron completely misses the point.  Comparing to real life, slash damage is like hollowpoint, impact is like high-caliber, and puncture is like armor penetrating/FMJ rounds.  High-caliber, jacketed rounds (like in my Codex description) would translate to impact and puncture.  Using bonus damage values, a combination of impact and puncture has overall a slight damage bonus vs shields and armor, and is less effective vs. flesh, like the weapon was designed to act.  38 damage per bullet also undermines the point of the weapon.  If it needs to be 40 or less damage per bullet, the MR should be decreased to 3 or 4, but it shouldn't be that way.  Right now, there are few benefits to being high MR.  This weapon is needed the way I have it.  The magazine size is something that could be decreased, but not less than 45.  Your proposed crit rate could also be put in as the weapon's stats, but I'd prefer a higher MR requirement to significant changes to the weapon.

• 2 weeks later...