Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea On How To Change Kubrow Customization With Help Of Tyl Regor

HelixNL

It looks like a long text of ideas, but please I would be very gratefull if you read a part of it and maybe give me some feedback.

As you all know there`s a lot of thoughts and complaints about the current kubrow customization options, changing fur patterns and colors with platinum was not the way to go for most people.

Players want a way to get their desired kubrow without taking a lot of risk, at this moment the only option is to combine two imprints and an egg and hope for the best to hatch a kubrow with the desired fur pattern & colors, not to mention about it`s Behavior type and bodytype. Most of the time this method doesn`t always end with the desired outcome, so I was thinking a while about how to make this more comfortable for players and having more chance of getting your desired kubrow.

My idea was to use a bit of lore and the help of Tyl Regor.

Lore:

The Kubrows were companions and pets of the Orokin. During the Sentient war the Orokin started to experiment with strains within Kubrow DNA making them more suitable for combat and making them the ideal supporting companion during the war.

Unfortunately ages went past and the Orokin dissapeared leaving the kubrows on Earth adapting themselves to their enviroment and becoming feral.

The Tenno found out a way on to DNA-alter the feral kubrows and to breed loyal and protective companions just like in the Orokin age.

The Grineer however seek to use these feral kubrows as their wardogs and so far haven`t researched their potential in DNA-altering methods.

The leading researcher in Grineer gene repair is the Uranos boss Tyl Regor. Tyl Regor has been hunted and pushed back in his research so many times by the Tenno that he couldn`t finish his work and bring the Grineer to it`s former glory.

Something that could mix well into the lore and customization of kubrows:

250px-NinjaLeaderAvatar_zps05f34777.png

What if Tyl Regor got the same idea like the Tenno who DNA-altered their feral Kubrow eggs and creating loyal and strong Kubrow companions, but unlike the methods that the Tenno use Tyl Regor may have a different idea about Kubrow DNA.

The Orokin were masters of machinery and genetic research which Tyl Regor may have use for in his research to repairing the genes of his brethren. What if Tyl Regor captured feral Kubrows and researched their DNA for uncovering ways to change the genes just like the Orokin did, but now he may have use of this method into his own research.

The Lotus may find out soon that Tyl Regor has found a way of accelerating his research by using the DNA-altering methods of the Orokin within kubrow DNA, following that the Tenno will be ordered by the Lotus to start a deception mission in which a datamass will be used to capture Grineer research plans and halting the research to Grineer DNA repairs.

These datamasses will contain various kinds of information about Kubrow genetics such as Body type, patterns, behavior type or colors. These bits of information can then be used into making an imprint in which you can use make your desired Kubrow. 

To make this more challenging or time consuming (so breeding with imprints from already existing Kubrows will still be usefull) it can take place in the Void where Vor might help Tyl Regor in return of giving his own army a genetic advantage in comparison with other Grineer armies.

Like T1 deception can contain the colors of Kubrows in which rare colors have a lower % chance than other colors.

Then the same will happen with T2 till T4.

T2 has the Body type.

T3 has the patterns.

And T4 has the Behavior type.

DEVoid_Key_zps6f045480.png

Last bit of text:

I hope that you like my suggestion, I wanted to put as much as lore into it and maybe with some bits of extra suggestions into introducing a suitable boss into it and maybe something like the Void to make it more challenging and time consuming so that breeding with imprints from already existing kubrows won`t be ignored.

I want to thank you for reading all this :)

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

Edited by HelixNL