Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp-Worst Thing I Have Ever Seen

TheErebus.

So yesterday, I went to support the challengers for Heiracon. I came into it to have a good time when I see this

(Warning: Contains my voice. If you don't want to hear it, mute your audio for a short while)

This was horrid. I even tried to stop them by telling them to quit it in the chat, but of course it didn't work.

So today I decided I'd do a little test. In this test, I fired at the barriers while being a defender and to no surprise, the defenders cannot fire through it. 

Solution: Let them fire through the barriers. 

Now you're probably thinking that they can just camp there and kill them from afar right? Well no, the only place they could do that is in the first defense line and even then it's horrible kind of tactic when you have an entire team rushing in to hack into the node.

"This is downright..." Darius?

Dunkey joke aside, PvP on Solar Rails is broken. Mirage can be considered broken. Much like the other team, I'd just leave. What's the point? You're basically dying as soon as you spawn. Reminds me of Quake Live, with some of the poopy-spawns, but this is more ridiculous. This is more ridiculous than most of my competitive matches on other games. Downright broken.

Now, I don't really play PvP in Warframe, but I knew that the balance was going to broken and skewed getting into the light of things. That is why I stay away. Just nerf the frames and certain weapons in PvP. That is all that could be said. Fixing spawns can help, but it won't really stop this problem, of just broken frames spraying their over-powered nonsense around.

"This is downright..." Darius?

Dunkey joke aside, PvP on Solar Rails is broken. Mirage can be considered broken. Much like the other team, I'd just leave. What's the point? You're basically dying as soon as you spawn. Reminds me of Quake Live, with some of the poopy-spawns, but this is more ridiculous. This is more ridiculous than most of my competitive matches on other games. Downright broken.

Now, I don't really play PvP in Warframe, but I knew that the balance was going to broken and skewed getting into the light of things. That is why I stay away. Just nerf the frames and certain weapons in PvP. That is all that could be said. Fixing spawns can help, but it won't really stop this problem, of just broken frames spraying their over-powered nonsense around.

Off topic: 2green4me

On topic: Oh I agree. But I enjoy the PvP as just a way to waste time, not for actual support of a clan or anything like that but the part of the dev team focused on PvP really needs to fix things as fast as they can.

You sound so...disgusted.

But yeah, PvP needs some serious work. PvP rail battles are good in theory, not so much in execution. They've already made balancing passes on some of the worse offenders, hopefully there will be more to come.

Off topic: 2green4me

On topic: Oh I agree. But I enjoy the PvP as just a way to waste time, not for actual support of a clan or anything like that but the part of the dev team focused on PvP really needs to fix things as fast as they can.

I wonder if a radial safe zone out of the spawn area, where if attackers are in it too long (say around one to two seconds?), they will start to take direct health damage and die off instantly, would work? Radial safe zone can be seen by anyone for clarity.

Radial safe zone is out of the door and to the two sides, up until half the width of the wall facing the spawn zone. 

That way, at least the defending players can push back a bit and have a safe breathing room. 

Edited by Renegade343

You sound so...disgusted.

But yeah, PvP needs some serious work. PvP rail battles are good in theory, not so much in execution. They've already made balancing passes on some of the worse offenders, hopefully there will be more to come.

I was. Because even though I see mirages spamming explosives, ash with bladestorms and valkyrs with hysteria. I could not believe what I saw there.

And how do you fix it?

Make invisible walls where projectiles and warframe skills can't get through?

or

Multiple exit points, like ceiling under floor.

I already stated how to fix it, but this idea is also suitable. Could make for some interesting gameplay actually.

I wonder if a radial safe zone out of the spawn area, where if attackers are in it too long (say around one to two seconds?), they will start to take direct health damage and die off instantly, would work? Radial safe zone can be seen by anyone for clarity.

Radial safe zone is out of the door and to the two sides, up until half the width of the wall facing the spawn zone. 

That way, at least the defending players can push back a bit and have a safe breathing room. 

That's be a good idea yeah.

You're not even really safe behind the barrier from explosive damage from weapons like that either. (The blast radius carries through to the "safe" side.)

Hmmm, maybe add some turrets inside the spawn room that can be used to fire outwards too.

Edited by CedarDpg

You're not even really safe behind the barrier from explosive damage from weapons like that either. (The blast radius carries through to the "safe" side.)

I was able to look through it, they had them having electric shields up and hiding really far behind them.

I was able to look through it, they had them having electric shields up and hiding really far behind them.

Yeah, I meant, if you get close to the barriers, you can take blast damage. I've been killed on my way out of rooms maybe a 2-3 meters inside the room.

Oh, and you're not even safe far back in those rooms, because often enemy mobs will spawn in the spawn points too.

Edited by CedarDpg

I know right?

Those colors on that Mirage are so tacky! A travesty, even!

No, but seriously, this is absolutely horrible. Please, for the love of all that's holy, make it so that people who come out of the spawn area have a three second time limit where they can't be harmed but can't fire their weapons... or something. SOMETHING.

Edited by Kashiki

Another thing they could do, since damage is multiplied via clones with Mirage, damage received could be equally multiplied while her clones are deployed.

It wouldn't make any sense in context, but it would definitely add some risk to the ability.

Why doesn't anyone in there use Eclipse, though? +300% damage boost and 70% damage reduction... come on.

It wouldn't make any sense in context, but it would definitely add some risk to the ability.

Why doesn't anyone in there use Eclipse, though? +300% damage boost and 70% damage reduction... come on.

Yeah, it wouldn't make much sense, and of course it should just be in a PVP setting. It'd help balance out the disparity a bit with a bit of risk in using the skill. It'd be better than seeing everyone decide to be worthless and morally bankrupt like in the example and equip Mirage with some sort of explosive weapon. :)

It is to me due to how buggy and generally non-functional it is. I've recently gone through at least 15 games at Sechura, 5 of which went as normal. The rest I was bugged out in some way. I am beyond disappointed. If you're going to put in pvp at least put in some QA effort. This is just sad, DE.

Edit: Best part of my day was when I decided to abandon pvp to look for eggs on E-Prime. I ended up hosting the map, which turned into the Dark Sector Conflict map?? And people who joined my game were wondering what the heck was going on.

Edited by brasteir

Damn it, you should have stood in front of the Mirage with the Angstrum to make her blow herself up. That would have been funny as hell. XD

But seriously, this is why I play conclave over DS conflicts. So much more exploiting in this game mode. Shame to because it's really interesting. :/

Edited by Rakshal

I must say I have tried to play this several times and each time I feel confused as to what to do. Also at time myself and many others that I play the game with, feel like players are cheating even though im not sure how and if they really are. The reasoning behind this is possibly the why this PVP is set up. - Poorly -

-Other players seem to have all the mods on there warframes but I dont when I first join. There is no clear direction on how to get your mods back.

-The matching is all wrong or not setup - If im going to spawn in without any mods would it not make since to spawn in against others without mod's?

-There is no clear direction on what to do in the different sections that you go in.

-I try to activate what looks like an objective and turrets start firing at me instead of defending.

Some solutions - Provide some insight into the objective and how to obtain your mods back or leveling in PVP.

- Setup proper matching variables or fix what you already have to make it work.

This PVP seems like its an unfinished tech-school project. I understand the game is beta but this PVP feels more pre-Alpha.

Please understand this is just my honest experience - Im not tring to hurt anyone's feelings.

Edited by 5nak3Doctor

This PVP seems like its an unfinished tech-school project. I understand the game is beta but this PVP feels more pre-Alpha.

Please understand this is just my honest experience - Im not tring to hurt anyone's feelings.

Well put. I feel the exact same way except I'm a little less sympathetic. Are they experiencing such a dearth of players that they have to implement such a disorganized, half-finished glitchy form of pvp just to grab that part of the playerbase?

I also sure love getting in and going face to face as an unranked frame against lvl 20+ rhino cheeseballs. That really takes my cake.

Well put. I feel the exact same way except I'm a little less sympathetic. Are they experiencing such a dearth of players that they have to implement such a disorganized, half-finished glitchy form of pvp just to grab that part of the playerbase?

I also sure love getting in and going face to face as an unranked frame against lvl 20+ rhino cheeseballs. That really takes my cake.

I don't think I've ever been in a DS conflict where I was anywhere near the rank of people on the opposing team. I'll be like unranked or ranked 1-6 or whatever... meanwhile the opposing team's NPCs are rank 35-40+ and the opposing team's players are probably near there as well since they seem to have all their abilities, whereas I can't even do the first ability on my frame. My weapons do like barely any damage, whereas a single shot from their NPCs or the players will one-shot me, etc.

I guess I should just choose which side I want to lose and just join that one, since I'm almost never put in a match that's just beginning and I'm never placed in at (or even near) the same rank as the team I choose when getting dropped in during a match in progress.

I had people try this on me

No good though

Just time well and slide through

One distraction and the rest of your team can swoop in and take kills

Alternative

Thrown melee weapons bypass barriers and hurt alot

I don't think they had any opportunity to break through it.