Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tutorial: Get Real-Time Desktop Alert Notifications Directly From The Developers.

Arsonide

I made a tutorial on Reddit for this: http://redd.it/1c9hyj

This method bypasses the need for user intervention. The updates are quicker because they come directly from Digital Extremes. I thought you guys might want to see it.

EDIT: Noticed the filter was misbehaving, so I edited the guide a bit - do not match whole words on the filter, and it works fine now. Carry on.

If you want to change the sound to something more "in character" and/or scifi-ish, the WAV file is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Feed Notifier\sounds\notification.wav" (Depending on your operating system, you might want to remove the x86). I made one here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1032313/notification1.wav

Edited by Arsonide

when I change the url for the one you gave and click next it apears url not valid rss/atom feed

edit: solved: just clicked in the link and then copied the one from the navigation bar

looks like it is working fine

thank you so much for this realy helps

Edited by ohunterr

when I change the url for the one you gave and click next it apears url not valid rss/atom feed

It is a valid feed, you can see the feed XML by clicking the link. Make sure you copied the address without any leading or trailing text. (The easiest way would probably be to just click the link to go to the feed, and copy it right out of your browser's address bar.)

Is there a way to change the notification sound to something more "warframe" ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Feed Notifier\sounds\notification.wav

There sure is. I'll add that to the guide. Thanks.

You could grab the Warframe Fansit quit, there's a couple or fitting sounds for this.

Very interested in setting this up later on.

Gotta ask, is it bothersome to have it update in quicker intervals, like 30 seconds?

I mean, does it do something annoying whenever it checks, or just makes sure theres no fitting alert and stays silent?

Very interested in setting this up later on. Gotta ask, is it bothersome to have it update in quicker intervals, like 30 seconds? I mean, does it do something annoying whenever it checks, or just makes sure theres no fitting alert and stays silent?

I believe there's nothing that happens, except that it'll use your connection a little bit more often. Which shouldn't be an issue since it's downloading a tiny text file, but if you set it to a crazy value like 5 seconds you might have a bad time.

On another note, I can't get the stupid rule thing to work properly. My current rules are set to +content:"(Artifact)" and +content:"(Blueprint)" and just junk shows up. It's like it's unable to apply new filters properly.

Edited by HSAR

The filter I put into the guide works fine, except it has false positives on credit only alerts which have flavour text containing the word "artifact". Like "orokin artifact". I am at work and will fix this when I get home.

Got home and read up on their filter syntax to fix that false positive, it was ignoring the parentheses because it uses them for other stuff, causing it to pick up other instances of the word artifact.

Anyway, here is the new filter, make SURE you include the quotations, as they tell it to include the parentheses: "(Blueprint)" or "(Artifact)"

I noticed something neat, I am now notified mid-mission of alerts. I heard the drum while I was running something earlier. It also identified another problem to me - the drum is cool and "in character", when you aren't playing, but when you are playing it tends to get drowned out by more drums. I am in the process of mixing up a unique sound in Audacity that you can clearly identify in the middle of combat. I'll reply again, and update the Reddit, when I finish it.