Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept] Arachne - Damage Dealer Warframe (Upd: Meet The True Dd!)

emaralez87

grammarnazi needed
Artist needed

original idea by Kotobraksis-Kat
produced by emaralez87

original art by Kotobraksis-Kat

6d6d85c8f581.jpg

my rework of conceptart

FL7m3Qm.png

feature: stunner, assassin; she can use all her abilities while action.
entry:

While exploring of the Earth Grineer scientists neglected to one suspicious kell, and how wrong It was!
Created by Orocin Arachne is a true hunter.
Orokin almost rejected this Warframe because controlling of several limbs at one time and 360 degree view drove Tenno to madness, but some Tenno adopted to this Warframe by refuse of part of it’s functionality.

presentation:

this tiny but tough lady is a natural hunter.
her multicasted first ability “Kell” with power strength maximisation will make possible to  “oneshot corrupted heavy gunner on 40 min of t4s”, of course, if you are holding good corrosive gun in your hands.
her protective ability - the “CobWeb”, will protect not only you, but couple of your teammates (if they’ll pretend to hug you) too. bonus: it will explode and stun enemies around you for couple seconds when duration or health of this ability ends.
run, Aracne, run - you have big stamina pool for it!
if you are almost dead you can choose what to do in this situation with Poison Kiss ability. Would you chose suicidal charge to strongest enemy, what will stun and poison him/her/it what would help your teammates to survive or would you escape? - make your decision wisely.
blow up all around you and confuse survivors with your Swarm! it may be semi-fun ;)

farming

To start quest player should buy the “Old Key” (covered with cobwebs key). To build the Old Key you need 3 ciphers, what can be farmed while interception missions on the Earth (as while Cicero Crysis).
The Old Keys open nod on the Earth, where you should defence cryopod for 15 waves. Aracne parts as rewards for this mission.

base statistic:
health: 100 (300 at r30)
power: 100 (150 at r30)
armor: 400
shield capacity: 75 (185 at r30)
sprint speed: 0.9
stamina: 165
polarities: 4=, 1V, 1--
aura polarity: V

abilities

Kell
YauEmoO.png
Arachne spits web what propagates forward in a 180 degree cone. Web doesn’t damage enemy by itself, but slows down or stuns enemies for a long time, what makes them an easy targets.
Also “kelled” enemies become more sensitive to elemental damage.
Energy: 25
Equip cost: 0/1/2/3
Power strength: 30/40/50/60 % slowdown; 50/100/150/200 % additional elemental damage
Power range: 15 m.
Power duration: 5/7/9/11 s.
Will not affect bosses and tenno.

Cobweb
WUE0s0E.png
Arachne covers herself with a protecting layer of web. When effect of the Web ends or when Web’s HP becomes 0 Web bursts and it’s particles scatter around and stun nearby enemies.
Energy: 50
Equip cost: 4/5/6/7
Power strength : 400 / 600 / 800 / 1000 Ferrite Armor-based hitpoints.
Power range: burst AOE 16 m.
Power duration: 20 s duration of the Web, 2 s duration of the stun.
“Thickness” of the covering Web layer: 1m.

Poison Kiss
8EcwMZ6.png
Arachne teleports to chosen enemy and poisons him/her/it. Poison stuns enemy and deals toxic damage.
Also Poison Kiss may be used as escape ability - in that case Arache just teleports on the range of ability in chosen direction.
Equip cost: 6/7/8/9
Power strength: 8/16/24/32 toxic damage per second. 
Power duration: poison - 5/7/9/11 s, stun - 2/3/4/5 s
Power range: 20 m
Cast delay 2s. Stun will not affect bosses and tenno.

Swarm
bsQYPUb.png
Arachne releases swarm of miniature cybernetic spiders. Spiders spread out, claim to the enemies and lay explosive eggs into them.
“Swarm” in nutshell: Aracne casts mambo-jambo for 2 seconds, then all in AOE (despite walls and covers) explodes + gives 1s of "confusion" to enemies after explosion.
Energy: 100
Equip cost: 10/11/12/13
Power strength: 750/1000/1500/2000 blast damage. 
Power range: AOE 7/10 /13/16 m.
Cast time 2s.
Edited by emaralez87

Well, its an okay idea. I kinda like the infinite wallrun passive trait but it wouldn't be all that useful since wallrunning really doesn't end up costing that much stamina anyway. I'd say a boost to your stamina pool would be more useful.

Edited by Kestral9999

Well, its an okay idea. I kinda like the infinite wallrun passive trait but it wouldn't be all that useful since wallrunning really doesn't end up costing that much stamina anyway. I'd say a boost to your stamina pool would be more useful.

noted. infinite wallrun is Kat's idea and I sad him what this is kinda... what there may be something better and I'm glad you think so too. basically I thought she should have big armor, low speed and big stamina. I just didn't balance her basic stats yet. but this would happen soon :)

Hmm not a bad idea, i would have posted this after U15, since U15 warframe has to be male since theres a male female order for warframes, and for prime frames male male female female. A bit too eariler for female warframe ideas.

oh... this idea just in development :) too many work to do with this concept :) and, you know, for DE gender don't matter - remember Zephir ;)

Edited by emaralez87

base statistic added. also, I'd like to know what kind of "Web" ability you like more and why :)

base statistic:

health: 100 (300 at r30)
power: 100 (150 at r30)
armor: 400
shield capacity: 75 (185 at r30)
sprint speed: 0.9
stamina: 165
polarities: 4=, 1V, 1--
aura polarity: V

Web
Arachne covers herself with a protecting layer of web. When effect of the Web ends or when Web’s HP become 0 Web bursts and it’s particles scatter around and stun nearby enemies.
Power strength : 400 / 600 / 800 / 1000 Ferrite Armor-based hitpoints.
Power range: burst AOE 16 m.
Power duration: 20 s duration of the Web, 2 s duration of the stun.
OR
Web
Arachne creates cube of web. Web catch enemies, and when ability ends catched in the Web enemies stay disarmoured.
Power strength: 3/5/7/9 enemies. 
Power range: side of the cube = 7/10 /13/16 m.
Power duration: 5/7/9/11 s 
Will not affect bosses and tenno

I would do away with trying to make a spider-frame, and just make it an Infested warframe with spider-like features.

what you mean? I just don't see the difference between spider featured frame and frame with spider features. and why infested? to be honest we don't know can infested-frame idea work in WF lore at all. 

kPyGMNy.jpg

if you mean not conception at all but only artwork - it would be reworked with time

what you mean? I just don't see the difference between spider featured frame and frame with spider features. and why infested? to be honest we don't know can infested-frame idea work in WF lore at all. 

kPyGMNy.jpg

if you mean not conception at all but only artwork - it would be reworked with time

Making a straight-up spider warframe just seems like a dumb idea. How would that even happen? A spider bit a tenno and they turn into Spiderframe Man? Lol

For example, Rhino doesnt look like a rhino, hes just tough and strong so they called him Rhino. They could have called him Hippo or Bull, Rhino just sounds better i guess.

Along those lines, a warframe could become infested and it sort of looks like a spider, with some abilities that kind of remind us of a spider, and then we could give it a spider-like name.

I dont know, it just seems lazy  and too on the nose to make a warframe copy animal abilities. I think they should be designed in a more interesting way

Making a straight-up spider warframe just seems like a dumb idea. How would that even happen? A spider bit a tenno and they turn into Spiderframe Man? Lol

For example, Rhino doesnt look like a rhino, hes just tough and strong so they called him Rhino. They could have called him Hippo or Bull, Rhino just sounds better i guess.

Along those lines, a warframe could become infested and it sort of looks like a spider, with some abilities that kind of remind us of a spider, and then we could give it a spider-like name.

I dont know, it just seems lazy  and too on the nose to make a warframe copy animal abilities. I think they should be designed in a more interesting way

ah, I got it. thought I just see it quite different (you know, this concept is not my idea, I just sorted out "OK" abilities and made mechanics for them + base stats + translation to english). I see all this spider-stuff as entourage. you know, like Zephir's "feathers" on warframe not true bird's feathers :)

for example - kell from the Earth in entry is a just common tenno pod, but with a lot of web on it.  symbolism. about abilities - you know, only "true spider" ability is "poison kiss" - other abilities don't exist in spider world :) but I'm glad what they are so encouraging what someone thought what they are!

about outfit of warframe - this is not my design. I'd do something frost-like with special attachment (as Necros and Valkir have) what would give Aracne a cyber-spider look.  

Edited by emaralez87

Warframes are immune to the virus that makes the infested though. It's a bit of a lore block :/

I think so too!

but lot of members don't think so. kinda infested mutated and now tenno's "infestation" not same as "modern" infestation so tenno may be infested by "modern" infestation or smthng like that. we have no proofs of this but so many members believe it... what this may become a headcannon! :D

I think so too!

but lot of members don't think so. kinda infested mutated and now tenno's "infestation" not same as "modern" infestation so tenno may be infested by "modern" infestation or smthng like that. we have no proofs of this but so many members believe it... what this may become a headcannon! :D

Tenno themselves cant be infested, but what if this frame was able to utilize infested technology higher than what the research facility in the dojo can give us?

Tenno themselves cant be infested, but what if this frame was able to utilize infested technology higher than what the research facility in the dojo can give us?

yeah, this is one of entry patterns of this conception! :)

Orocin almost rejected this Warframe because controlling of several limbs at one time and 360 degree view drove Tenno to madness, but some Tenno adopted to this Warframe by refuse of part of it’s functionality.

it means what aracne-tenno still manipulate 2 legs and 2 arms and have 90 degree angle of view ('cause of game mechanics :D) but this Orocin uberstuff gives her passive ability to use all her abilities while action (on the run, while shooting etc).

my rework of conceptart added

Community, what variation of the Web ability you like more? When Arachne covers herself with a protecting layer of web or when Arachne creates cube of web?

Edited by emaralez87

farming node added

To start quest player should buy the “Old Key” (covered with cobwebs key). To build the Old Key you need 3 ciphers, what can be farmed while interception missions on the Earth (as while Cicero Crysis).
The Old Keys open nod on the Earth, where you should defence cryopod for 15 waves. Aracne parts as rewards for this mission.

• 3 weeks later...

Here my thoughts:

- dorky art

- 1rst ability: change to banshee 1rst ability but instead of pushing the enemys it will slow them down of stun or whatever (synergy with ult problably)

- 2nd ability very handy and nice

- 3rd ability is useless, 

- 4th ability: small spiders must blow up themselves, laying even smaller eggs makes no sence since you cant see them. 

make 3rd ability usefull for melee. I suggest enemy unrelated teleport (like the one Vor does).

so then you get a melee-friendly frame. 4th ability can be any aoe nuke not necessarily spiders - do rockets, bombs, or some dragon ball style spreading sphere that wipes the living sh!t out of the area. 

I like the idea of instant abilities.