Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combining Your Own Powers For Different Effects!

Mak_Gohae

I just came up with this when screwing around in a thread discussing the theme on the next frame. 

Sunbathing.

Abilities

Sun Reflector: You bring out a reflector and in an arc in front of you light is reflected that staggers enemies and burns them. While they are burned they take more damage to health. 

Sun Screen: You put on sun screen and you become slippery and bullets bounce of you. You can also slide faster while the power is active.

Sexy pose: You strike a sexy pose that stuns enemies around you.

High Noon Sun. A super powerful sun beam AOEs around you burning everyone and giving you a buff to armor. 

SPECIAL! You can combine Sun Reflector and High Noon Sun!

If you cast HNS first then SR quickly after instead of and AOE you reflect the sun into a beam you can controls by rotating around. It now does damage PLUS enemies getting a damage debuff

The cool important thing is the bottom part.

How about we add the ability to combine a couple of your own powers to get different results and effects?

Giving us a bit more control than just AOEing and probably making some of those abilities that people dont use useful now.

Add fire to fire, and get a different fire thingy...

Add electric to electric and get another electric thingy...

Add poison to poison and get another poison thingy...

Seems legit.

Hoping DE are a bit more imaginative.

Here are some examples.

Fireball of Fire: Combines WoF and FB. You launch a fire ball that leaves a trail of fire explosions as it travels.

Speed Shield: Combines E Shield and Speed. A small shield spawns in front of you that travels with you.

You just need a bit of imagination, imaginaaaaaaaation, imaginaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaation.

Seems legit.

Well to be fair you could actually do something like:

Use Accelerant while inside Fire Blasts AoE and debuff, stun and set fire to everything in Accelerants AoE

Cast Shock through Electric Shield and increase damage or chain to more targets.

Use Miasma while Contagion is active and proc Toxin as well as Corrosive effects on targets in range.

It is a nice idea and could work for some of the Frames but I'm struggling to see it work for all of them. (Only because I don't think it would be entirely fair to only give a few abilities that work in Combo.)

Seems legit.

Add Prism to Hall of Mirrors and your clones start dancing.

It is a nice idea and could work for some of the Frames but I'm struggling to see it work for all of them. (Only because I don't think it would be entirely fair to only give a few abilities that work in Combo.)

Imagination.

Null Hole: Combines Null Star and Worm Hole. Teleports forward your Null Stars and at the exit point the stars attack everything in range. If nothing is in range it stays there for a period of time. Basically a mine.

Hallowed Smite: Combines Smite and Hallowed Ground. Creates a path that cause damage and when enemies step in it exploding Smite shots are activated. So instead of mobs just walking through they would get CCed  and stay on the damaging path.

Imagination.

Null Hole: Combines Null Star and Worm Hole. Teleports forward your Null Stars and at the exit point the stars attack everything in range. If nothing is in range it stays there for a period of time. Basically a mine.

Hallowed Smite: Combines Smite and Hallowed Ground. Creates a path that cause damage and when enemies step in it exploding Smite shots are activated. So instead of mobs just walking through they would get CCed  and stay on the damaging path.

Aye, good idea.

Let me think:

Ash: Smoke Screen + Shuriken = Throw more Shurikens

Banshee: Silence + Sonic Boom = Increased stun duration

EmberUse Accelerant while inside Fire Blasts AoE and debuff, stun and set fire to everything in Accelerants AoE

Excalibur: Super Jump + Radial Javalin = Seeking projectiles maybe

Frost: Snow Globe + Ice Wave inside Globe = Damaging floor effect similar to Hallowed Ground only Cold damage

Hydroid: Undertow + Tidal Surge = More damage and longer CC of enemies caught in Undertow plus you could basically throw the enemies at the end into their friends for damage. Shorter Surge distance.

Loki: Invisibility + Switch Teleport = Swap places with a friend and make them invisible for the remaining duration of your Invisibility or Switch with an enemy and open them up for a finisher/ make other enemies target them for a few seconds.

Mag: Bullet Attractor + Pull = Targets are pulled towards the Bullet Attractor target instead of towards Mag.

MirageAdd Prism to Hall of Mirrors and your clones start dancing. (Thanks to idea from Inorite3) / or.... maybe Clones shoot beams off at compass points instead of following your actions.

Nekros: Terrify + Soul Punch = Enemies in an AoE around the Terrified then Soul Punched target Cower in place instead of running away. Refreshes Terrify Duration maybe.

Nova: Null Star + Worm Hole = Teleport Null Stars forward to the exit point and stars attack everything in range. (Thanks to good idea from Mak_Gohae)

Nyx: Chaos + Psychic Bolts = The bolts appear directly above all Chaos controlled enemies and strike them all for a headshot.

Oberon: Hallowed Ground + Smite = More CC from Hallowed Ground so enemies stay in the AoE (Thanks to Mak_Gohae again)

or  Hallowed Ground + Renewal cast within AoE = Renewal stays active on Allies as long as Hallowed Ground is active (even if their HP fills)

Rhino: Iron Skin + Roar = Rhino spreads Iron Skins damage absorb effect between allied targets in Roars AoE. More targets equals less HP buffer per target, Rhino loses Iron Skin effect.

Saryn: Contagion + Misama = Spread Toxin and Corrosive procs to targets in range.

Trinity: Well of Life + Link = Trinity's Link targets nearby allies instead and drains HP from WoL target and heals allies.

Valkyr: Paralysis + Warcry = Enemies (which have been opened for a finisher) cower in place and suffer from sneak attack damage if attacked.

Vauban: Bastille + Tesla = Stick Tesla to the Bastille and damage is inflicted to all lifted targets (with some reduced damage) instead of a single target.

Volt: Electric Shield + Shock = Shock chains to more targets if it passes through the Shield.

Zephyr: Turbulance + Tail Wind = Increase the AoE of Tail Wind and cause it to drag enemies behind Zephyr as she moves.

Think all of these would have to be balanced a lot for damage and stuff.

Edited by BrotherJudas008

Aye, good idea.

Let me think:

Think all of these would have to be balanced a lot for damage and stuff.

Yes, yeees! The power of imagination!

And there even more possibilities with the combos you use. 

Smoke Shuriken: Ash throws a shuriken that when it land it explode in a cloud of smoke staggering anyone near.

Undertow Surge: You turn into a whirlpool. Enemies that walk in get knock down and spun for a couple times then thrown out.

There are a bunch of possibilities!

Edited by Mak_Gohae

When I saw this thread, thanks to Digital Extremes' connection to it, I immediately thought of Unreal, particularly the Shock Rifle.

For Volt I imagined that Shock would actually consume an Electric Shield it went through. Either the Shield would detonate and add a large explosion on top of the Shock effect, or the Shock would essentially "carry" the Shield with it, turning it into more of a cone attack with a larger chain radius. You could do other combos as well, like running through an Electric Shield with Speed on making you faster or temporarily carrying some of the electricity with you in an anti-melee aura. Overload could easily have some sort of effect on the Shields as well.

It may be hard to come up with combos for every Warframe, but that might not be absolutely necessary. It could be just what certain Warframes need to add that little extra utility or power to keep up with the better ones. If that's clear and logical enough, it may be able to avoid jealousy from the Warframes that don't get it. ;P

Edited by Jokubas

Is there some magical dimension that you people spawn from?

No. A million times no to ideas that TOTALLY CHANGE THE DAMN FRAMES.

Tweaks? Sure. Additions? Maybe? COMPLETE REWRITES? What drugs are you taking?

??? There are no changes or rewrites. Giving you the option for extra effects leaves the original powers completely untouched.

If you dont want to combo them then you dont combo them.The additional combos are not manditory.

??? There are no changes or rewrites. Giving you the option for extra effects leaves the original powers completely untouched.

If you dont want to combo them then you dont combo them.The additional combos are not manditory.

Yea, that wont require much work at all. DE just needs to add all the combinations, then try and balance them.

And people need to drop the "oh, but we just want this changes, and if you don't you don't have to use them" maybe not but someone has to code them, that being DE.

Please remind me again how much money per month you and all the other players are giving DE to justify even considering the idea of messing up ALL the frames in order to please you? I say you because I read the ideas and don't like them, and obviously, if you get a say, then so do I.

Guys is not just immagination , u are pouring up a lot of ideas, but it is different to tell an idea an to make it effective in tecnical practice. 

If u could program with the only power of immagination this world would be much better :D

U must consider all the consequences that a new thing can do to the game... bug, balance , etc , is not so simple :).

Yea, that wont require much work at all. DE just needs to add all the combinations, then try and balance them.

And people need to drop the "oh, but we just want this changes, and if you don't you don't have to use them" maybe not but someone has to code them, that being DE.

Guys is not just immagination , u are pouring up a lot of ideas, but it is different to tell an idea an to make it effective in tecnical practice. 

If u could program with the only power of immagination this world would be much better :D

U must consider all the consequences that a new thing can do to the game... bug, balance , etc , is not so simple :).

I never said there wasnt going to be any work.

I do find it strange in a section where everyone suggests reworks of everything that this suggestion is being criticized for it involving work.

Please remind me again how much money per month you and all the other players are giving DE to justify even considering the idea of messing up ALL the frames in order to please you? I say you because I read the ideas and don't like them, and obviously, if you get a say, then so do I.

How are all frames being messed up by the addition of extra powers?

Is there some magical dimension that you people spawn from?

No. A million times no to ideas that TOTALLY CHANGE THE DAMN FRAMES.

Tweaks? Sure. Additions? Maybe? COMPLETE REWRITES? What drugs are you taking?

Glad to see that "people like us" have to spawn from somewhere.

Agreed there are no total changes/rewrites, we in fact are suggesting Tweaks to powers, here it is just adding more utility to the powers.  Which as stated are not mandatory.

There would be a lot of work involved to implement something which allows the combination of powers, which is why if it is even considered it would take time.  At least it isn't something like:

Use World on Fire while inside Snow Globe to cause the globe to explode and frost burn all the targets in a big area of effect... That road lies madness as I can imagine everyone wanting to be able to work with everyone else's powers...

Though I'm pretty mad and might have to think about that one further...

Agreed there are no total changes/rewrites, we in fact are suggesting Tweaks to powers, here it is just adding more utility to the powers.  Which as stated are not mandatory.

There would be a lot of work involved to implement something which allows the combination of powers, which is why if it is even considered it would take time.  At least it isn't something like:

Use World on Fire while inside Snow Globe to cause the globe to explode and frost burn all the targets in a big area of effect... That road lies madness as I can imagine everyone wanting to be able to work with everyone else's powers...

Though I'm pretty mad and might have to think about that one further...

Yeah, i never claimed this would be done by next more or anything including a timeline. This is why i found this extremely strange that some one would bring this up.

And there are a few powers that can be combined, remember that Mag's Bullet attractor can pull all of Ex' Radial Javelin into one spot... wait... does that still work after all these changes? Well, at one point you could cheese with that. 

• 2 months later...

Wow! Love this idea. I have long wondered what is the Devs' take on the future ability system. I mean four abilities til the end of times (or at least past the open beta stage) = use more imagination, you are amazing! I really do believe that eventually the Devs will implement a similar function to the abilities or at least add more than just 4 abilities. Question is... when?

Edited by Tellakey