Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Kicked, Messed Up Squad Info, And Broken Invites

7.T.

Never had these problems before. As the title says, this was happening waaay to often last time I was playing. After I get kicked from the squad and return to my ship, according to my UI I am no longer in any squad but it shows on my brother's screen that I am still in his and my name is also present in his squad chat screen. So I ask my brother to send me another invite. He does and when I click "accept", nothing happens except the top left portion of the UI that shows your squad members while in the ship disappears with a couple of transparent gray boxes on the sides of the missing squad info area. I have to quit the game and start it up again to get it to work. If I stay out of the game entirely, I saw on my brother's screen that the game continues to show that I am still part of the squad until he starts a new mission without me.

Really frustrating and happened a lot last night to the point that I just stopped trying. If it happens again, I'll upload screenshots. I was too focused on trying to figure it out that it didn't occur to me to take screenshots at the time.

Also lots of host migrations resulting in squad members getting split up into separate solo missions.

Edited by 7.T.

Same problem is happening on my end, though I am unsure of what's happening on the other player's screens. 9 times out of 10 when I join a group, I am dropped after a few seconds. Since I'm mostly running end-game content through recruiting chat, it makes the game basically unplayable. I love warframe, but this glitch is a killer.

I don't know if specs are important here as this doesn't seem to be an issue on my computer (internet connection/ports are fine, chat is working, already verified and re-verified steam files, tried exiting and rejoining WF, restarting the computer, the list goes on).

Yeah, it seems as though the "Accept Invite" button will mess things up/get messed up every time until the game realizes I am actually not in the squad I'm attempting to join. Although there would be no way for me to consider this if I wasn't able to see someone else's screen since as far as I can see on my end, I've been completely removed.

I've been experiencing it as well. My friends and I couldn't get through a single mission without at least one of us getting kicked or split into a separate game. If we tried to rejoin it would either get stuck on the please wait screen, or the UI bit where it shows the players in the squad would disappear and we wouldn't be able to join until we logged out and back in. It made for a very frustrating evening of Warframe, and I eventually just gave up and stopped playing.

• 1 month later...

Today, I was in a squad that got split into separate solo missions, so that has still not been completely fixed. Hopefully, the frequency has been reduced, at least?

Also, if you have the invite to a game you are in, if you can play in it, ignore the invite acceptance and it will go away when the mission ends. Well, at least the one time I ran into it.

• 3 months later...

I can't even describe how broken Matchmaking lobbies are! Just some points I noticed:

- If you are in your default 1-player lobby and invite friends, they will very often get an error message like "lobby not found" or "joining failed" unless you invite them via the + Button in the escape menu or keep the navigation menu opened until the lobby has at least 2 people.

- Sometimes after a matchmaking fails (e.g. dark sector conflict defender, but no opponents found), the accept button becomes unresponsive and makes starting that mission impossible until you restart the game or start (completely enter) a different mission.

- Lobbies are getting asynchronous very easily, without even doing anything. This includes displaying wrong votes, wrong time countdown, wrong loadouts or even wrong players.

- The lobby gets completely broken very easily if you do more than invite people and start a mission. Very "risky" actions are vote/key cancelling, simultaneous votings or players leaving.

--- By "completely broken" I mean stuff like getting asynchronous like described before, vanishing players, "0-player lobby" displaying for 1 player while still visibly in the lobby for others, random players getting timed out / kicked out of the lobby, not being able to vote or see other's votes, not being able to properly cancel a vote (but that doesn't really work at all anyway), getting the UI shifted, getting the UI unresponsive, getting the UI totally f***ed until restart.

Please, someone from DE, try to host a keyshare lobby with keychecking once. It just won't work!

I surrendered after 15 minutes yesterday. No keychecking, it doesn't work. You'd need to completely recreate the lobby after each showed his/her key. Farming new keys feels faster than getting a stable lobby together

EDIT: Sorry if my text isn't really well structured, but in this UI-bug-mess it's really hard to isolate problems. The whole new GUI & matchmaking is a huge bug and needs to be redone properly

Edited by Akunamis

• 3 months later...