Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giving Warframes A Tutorial Video?

IAmTheWar

Just a suggestion that might help out newer people understand warframes they acquire via plat or foundry. A handful of games do this with races, classes, etc., etc so maybe this could be another step in the right direction.

So here's the gist of it, after attaining a new warframe, a pop-up comes up prompting to show a tutorial of that particular warframe and what mods compliment its abilities. This could easily be achieved since the PlayWarframe youtube account lists videos of them and a basic intro to modding your new warframe without too much hand-holding.

I was also thinking about whether or not weapons should get their own but it would be a bit more out of the way since there aren't any videos of modding weapons on the official account which would result in (probably?) asking permission from users like Mogamu or PotatoPowered or PCG or someone who's well known within the community for these kinds of videos.

Than again...just something to toss out there.

Tenno out.

Literally all THREE of you didn't get what the OP was talking about.

He knows of those tutorials. He's asking for them to be in the game and shown as a pop up right when you buy or craft a new warframe.

It's a great idea actually. Though I suggest this happen the moment you click on a blueprint of the warframe, or the plat version of it in the marketplace. That way new players can immediately see a preview of the warframes they want to buy/craft.

Come on guys, read next time.

I was also thinking about whether or not weapons should get their own but it would be a bit more out of the way since there aren't any videos of modding weapons on the official account which would result in (probably?) asking permission from users like Mogamu or PotatoPowered or PCG or someone who's well known within the community for these kinds of videos.

There are actually video previews of quite a few weapons on the PlayWarframe channel called Tenno Reinforcements, so your idea actually would work for weapons too as pure previews.

Edited by SoulEchelon

About the Tenno Reinforcements though they only show off the gameplay aspect of them. I was thinking using videos from the community like Mogamu because not only do they showcase gameplay but they also showcase how to "properly" mod them (properly in terms of mid-late game content, but people can mod them however they like).

The reason I bring this up is because from my experience anyways, I've never looked up the videos untill after everything was said and done. That being said, this way would be convenient and advise players what frame they should invest time into depending on their playstyle. So really this would be a faster and (again) convenient way for newer players to get a better feel without too much hand-holding. I will admit I didn't think of putting the videos up alongside with the blueprint/frame before purchasing whichever one prefers but I would get behind that idea as well.

Edited by IAmTheWar

It's a good idea, but only if I can disable it completely.  But I disdain tutorials entirely.

In an way I'm actually opposed to more tutorials, people need to learn to learn again.  Though people have been getting less good at learning at an alarming rate as of late, but that's because of excess tutorials in a way to begin with.

Maybe it's time to break the cycle?

Simple version;  Meh, just don't force me to waste time with it.

Edited by (PS4)Bobtm0

I like this idea. Mind if I include it in my thread of ideas? I'd like to expand on it.

Check them out here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/284822-update-x-my-concepts-for-a-future-update-additions-reworks/

Go for it, the more the merrier eh?

It's a good idea, but only if I can disable it completely.  But I disdain tutorials entirely.

In an way I'm actually opposed to more tutorials, people need to learn to learn again.  Though people have been getting less good at learning at an alarming rate as of late, but that's because of excess tutorials in a way to begin with.

Maybe it's time to break the cycle?

Simple version;  Meh, just don't force me to waste time with it.

The way I see it is it basically gives you some indication and a look at the warframe in question and how mods can affect its abilities, but not give you advanced mods builds. That's why I said it would be preferable to use the videos from PlayWarframe as they give you a lead, but nothing too extreme. It's not so much a tutorial as it is a sneak peek if you will.

I am pretty sure the OP is suggesting the ability to view those in game.

That I am. It would make it convenient and it would add some spice to the game...the way I think about it at least.

Edited by IAmTheWar