Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Kenatsu

sambarpowder

Kenatsu means, if I recall correctly, "sword pressure" in Japanese.

You ever remember those badass anime swords where the character has to slash only once to cut a million bad guys? I do. Each swipe of the sword produces a crescent of energy that proceeds to slash everything to bits. I want to be able to do that in warframe. And the best thing is, it doesn't have to be contrived anime nonsense because we have the channeling mechanic.

So here's the idea. To some/all of the sword weapons' stances, add the ability to project kenatsu when channeling. This can be limited to some stances that are designated as wide, multitarget stances if necessary. Since we're channeling warframe energy into our weapon it only makes sense that we could let out some of that in the form of... Idk what to call it, so I'll just say awesomeness.

Heck, I don't mind if this is made a mechanic innate to a certain weapon either. Or maybe in mod form, as an alternative to the reach mod.

What do you guys think? Leave your thoughts below.

And now we wait for the weebs to flow in and give feedback..

While it would be nice to have flashy effects like this, I think giving artificial range to all melee weapons would have two sides. Melee would be able to work better at range WITHOUT requiring reach, for a cost of energy. This would give melee more viability in close-mid range. It would also give much higher energy drain because you would be hitting so many more enemies per swing.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Could be a good mod in and of itself. Reach already extends the range of a melee weapon, true, but not all that drastically. In return, it is a constant, 100% effect. This one could extend the range far more significantly, especially when considering the "arc" shape of the added energy... but in return, it only activates when channeling. The mod would probably also reduce channeling efficiency somewhat, but that's only to be expected and honestly a pretty good trade.