Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Put The Nightmare Back In Nightmare Alerts

Wyrd42

This is short and simple:  The current alerts do not warn you that you are entering into a nightmare mission.  I have several times entered one without realizing that it was a nightmare mission until too late.  The times that I entered with full knowledge before hand were only known to be nightmare because I recognized the name of the mod.

Please, add the word 'nightmare' or even just (NM) to the alert names.  Let everybody know what they are signing up for before entering the mission.

There is a icon indicating that already.

4288d7181d7995a3b3d027274b78cb33.png

See the RED exclamation mark? On normal alerts it's white. And if the reward is a nightmare mode mod, that also means that the mission is in nightmare mode. Use your common sense.

Edited by PeanutMonster

When I saw the title, at first I thought it was going to be a complaint that it wasn't challenging enough or something. Like maybe do a no-shields & health vampire hybrid mode. ;)

They could always do a skull with a little triangle with exclamation point in the corner or something.

Peanut, I checked on four separate occasions for anything that would tell me that it was a nightmare mission, and never noticed that the symbol was a different color.  As such, I say it fails to be an adequate warning system.

As for knowing that the mod is a nightmare mod:  What do you expect new players to do?  Or casual players, who likely deal with which things are what far less than more frequent players?

Should look like this, clear description and traditional NM skull icon

120p5x2.png

Monolake, that looks perfect, and should require very little effort to implement.