Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion, New map environments

masterneilx21

i totally agree, spaceships are good but maybe a jungle with some creatures hide behind trees can be good, or just some "secret passage" like air duct or something to attack ennemies from a deferent way as in front

We have giant spaceships. A nice addition would be, futureistic buildings, mining factories ed. Mostly urban/industrial settings.

Jungle and nature settings would be more difficult to realize as they use a modular map system. The pieces have to fit together. It is possible but requires a lot of work I reckon. Maybe someting in a desert canyon? Small corridors, choke points at the intersections.

SO MUCH TO THINK OF.

They're already working on a new "Grineer" envirnoment, it will take place inside a spaceship, but it will have different looking things.

I wish I could show you, because it looks pretty awesome, but let me tell you to hang tight, because new envirnoments will come, and they look pretty good already!

Many new environments will help keep the game go on, I would recommend a event map with different designs when the game is officially launched or even new solar systems added. I have read that some players want a jungle which earth would possibly have, but having a big load up area = more enemies coming at you, but thats not the problem is it? Depens on your com specs.

I feel it's logically odd having the ships with the same design for two different fraction, the current design looks more like the grineers since they are human race, but corpus ships should look rather different, don't you agree? More futuristic or technology advanced? with storage rooms looking different from the currents since they are more to the trading.

This can keep the game interesting when officially launched.

Well currently the developers will still have to fix the bugs and glitch before moving into this kinda stuff, rushing makes things incomplete and more problem emerges. Who knows they probably are working on this, game development really breaks my head.

Edited by GzHertz

Ya after the 52 missions I've done, the spaceships are starting to getting to the point of it just being same old, same old. It would be nice to see like futuristic buildings, factories, jungles, etc... like some people have said. But who knows they might already have plans for some stuff like this.

We have giant spaceships. A nice addition would be, futureistic buildings, mining factories ed. Mostly urban/industrial settings.

Jungle and nature settings would be more difficult to realize as they use a modular map system. The pieces have to fit together. It is possible but requires a lot of work I reckon. Maybe someting in a desert canyon? Small corridors, choke points at the intersections.

SO MUCH TO THINK OF.

I think that being in a futuristic city or town or something would be awesome. You could hide in crowds, and the enemies would appear in vehicles or something. Just think... high rises...

Guest DarkAuthority

How about crashed ships on planets/moons or asteroids? This is as simple as that: Grineers took down some ship, go and recover its cargo/personel and/or deal with the grineer takeover party.

How about a ship of one faction is being raided by another faction (this being carried out more brutally than just infestation spreading on some vessel)... and then you (we) appear in the middle of all of this? Same story, take advantage of the situation and recover/capture/free etc.

Edited by DarkAuthority

I agree on the missions being very monotonous but I understand the devs know this and are working on improving this feature. Still, I think it has two basic problems.

One, the visuals. You do not have to change the spaceships into something else, putting the game inside them is an interesting idea, but you have to make them different from eachother in the basic layout and design other than visual style. There are a few spaces which are open and show rows of corridors over a huge pit - That's awesome, expand upon that. Maybie create designs like the Dune Navigator's Guild Highliners, which are enormous open spaces with platforms hanging in them in a semi-random pattern at various heighs (take a look at Emperor: Battle for Dune for a good clue). Or spaceships which are built in a vertical rather than linear fashion, where you could make your way to the target quicker by jumping off from higher levels to the lover ones.

Just visuals isn't everything, the basic map construction could use some more variation, because going in claustrophobic corridors for 50 missions in a row is boring. Also, there's one IMO big issue: The maps don't make you feel ninja. It's more of a space marine: enter and kill all in front, the present environments don't allow for much fun with the game mechanics (which the game has).

Possible solution? Make the corridor spaces more vertical. The floors higher, places to run around the ceilling, drop on enemies, wreak havoc your way, instead of going full frontal on one wave of enemies after another. Just adding higher ceilling and mid-level floors and catwalks to the corridors would do a huge difference, Such changes work, I already noticed how maps with stairs instead of elevators feel completely different, inserting a stairwell here and there wouldn't be a bad idea, especialy if you could use it in a different way than walking, e.g., jumping down few floors to take the enemies from behind.

Other than that, this is my first post, hello.

Edited by Borreh

Just some Ideas for ney enviroment themes

+Under water base with flood-able features

+Sky base with collapseable floors and falling hazards

+Jungle enviroment with indigenous wild life(deadly of coarse)

+Some sort of capital fleet ship

+A hive for the infected

+Maybe the destroyed homeworld of the Tenno

+A Corpus manufactoring plant

These should be a bit more open, when it comes to traversal of the areas. Less corridors. Areas where mini-bosses are viable. And distinct boss arenas, for distinct gameplay.

The variety doesnt need to be staggering at the game's official launch, but it would be nice if there were at least 4 or 5 different visually unique level astehtics designs by then.

As it stands the same old spaceship each level is the only real issue I've had with the game so far.