Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Heel Commands!

-CM-s7even

Am I the only one that wants to be able to tell my Kubrow to Heel and have it right by my side at all times and not attack the enemies? This would be incredibly useful in missions when your Kubrow is about to die and is to far from you to save in time.

Bassicaly I want to be able to switch my Kubrow from 2 different modes, Heel and attack or guard. Then this way you know you can just call your Kubrow back to the safety of the Tenno before it goes down.

What do you guys and gals think?

How about a more simple "stance" for kubrows using only 2 player commands?

The stances are generally ordered with "distance" from the owner, and the player has only two types of commands:

Recall/Release (though the command can be "held down" for special actions)

Heel - Default stance. Follow character closely. Kubrow enters PASSIVE mode : will not attack hostiles unless player or kubrow is attacked first, or the player attacks a target.

-- If attacked, kubrow will go into Stay Close mode automatically.

-- Kubrow can be ordered back into Heel stance from any other stances by holding down Recall command

-- If Release command is tapped, kubrow switches to Stay Close stance.

Stay Close - stay around the character, but is free to attack, salvage, dig without having to follow the character too closely when he/she moves. Kubrow is aggressive in this stance.

-- If Recall is tapped or held down, kubrow will go into Heel stance.

-- If Release is tapped, kubrow will go into Free Roam stance.

Free Roam - free to act for a period of time without regards to player position. (but can revert back to heel after timeout, or when Recall is issued). Aggresive stance.

-- If Recall is tapped, kubrow will go into Stay Close stance.

-- If Recall is held down, kubrow will go into Heel stance.

Target - Kubrow will try to act accordingly to what the player is currently targeting. This stance is issued by holding down on Release command at a valid target.

-- If targeted at friendly (e.g. rescue target), kubrow will guard the target. Lasts until Recalled.

-- if targeted at hostile, kubrow will attack that target. Lasts until enemy dead. Then revert back to Stay Close.

-- if targeted at valid target with valid mod installed, kubrow will pin target down.

-- if targeted at valid storage with valid mod installed, kubrow will try to "salvage" the storage.

-- if targeted at empty ground, kubrow will enter a special Guard stance.

Guard- Similar to Stay Close, except that instead of the player, the origin is a point on the ground in the map or a friendly target, previously set by the Target command at the ground/friendly.

-- If Recall is tapped, kubrow will go into Stay Close stance.

-- If Recall is held down, kubrow will go into Heel stance.

Just food for thought.

Edited by smithf

• 2 weeks later...

^ I like that idea, maybe it's just me but it confused me :p

lol.. summary of my earlier post, in short there are only two commands:

"go further"

"come closer"

these will handle the states of the kubrow from

- following closely and passive

- hang around the Tenno owner a little further away, and aggresive

- running wild and attacking without regards of where the owner is

and special mode:

- holding "go further" while aiming at some place will make the kubrow "go there". If the target is a hostile, kubrow will attack. if friendly, kubrow will follow that target.

- holding "come closer" will make the kubrow come back and go into the "follow closely" mode no matter what it was doing.