Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Scope Needs More Contrast

Pythadragon

This isn't meant to be a discussion on whether or not sniper should have scopes. DE has made it pretty clear that they're here to stay as a balancing factor to reduce spatial awareness around yourself while zoomed in.

In fact, I'd like to shoutout that I appreciate the feature of the Vectis scope where it crosshair turns red when you're targetting an enemy. This is a unique crosshair feature in the game and I'd like more of this.

Instead I'd like to give feedback and highlight a major flaw with the Vectis scope. It doesn't have enough contrast. In bright light conditions it is impossible to aim.

Here's an example:

3nBWtEq.jpg

It's actually easier to aim while reloading when the scope reverts back to the normal corsshair:

g6TXkJB.jpg

And here's the ideal condition to use the scope as is, in dark conditions

DjI1LYv.png

Here are the scope and normal crosshair zoomed in 4x to help show the differences.

nP4y0Fm.jpg

^

Normal crosshair: Opaque, black border, small dot, could still use more contrast (make it pure 100% white!), but better.

MJuxgEq.jpg

^

Vectis: Transparent, no border, color is too similar to the backdrop, large dot. How is anyone supposed to aim in these conditions?

Simple ways to improve the contrast and visibility situation:

1. Make the center dot completely opaque, just like the normal crosshair. A crosshair should NEVER be even partially see through.

2. Put a thin black border around the center dot just like the normal crosshair. If you look very closely at it, you will see that the normal white center dot does infact have a black border to improve visibility.

3. Allow us to change the color of the center dot. I'd actually like to have this feature on the normal crosshair as well. This is a fairly standard feature in games, especially for people with eye color vision problems who have difficulty distinguishing certain color combinations.

4. Make the center dot smaller in tandem with the above. This will allow us to have more precision with the weapon.

Does anyone have thoughts/ideas/solutions on the matter?

Edited by Pythadragon

This is rather amusing because the scopes used to be higher contrast but people had trouble seeing their targets through them because they simply got in the way, so they were changed to how they are now.

That big dot in the center of the Vectis's scope is way too big. It needs to be about the size of the dot in the center of the regular reticle. As it is, if you're sniping at any sort of range, if that dot was opaque, you'd end up blocking out your target's entire head and then some.

Edited by gallowsCalibrator

Has anyone used a crosshair overlay program to get around scope visibility issues?

I saw this and am considering using it to put a simple green dot in the middle of the screen at all times, but first sent a query to support asking if it would be allowed or not.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/130196-best-crosshair-overlay-program/

Edited by Pythadragon