Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dynamic Crosshairs Needed

Hashul

OP is not here, so let me handle this :)

This is the behavior of normal crosshair, i.e. current one in Warframe, it is always in the center of the screen no matter the real aim and shoot trajectory is. As seen in the image below, I am still aiming at the gate in the background, but the tenno is actually hitting the wall instead.

wf-crosshair.gif

This is how it actually looks, while I am shooting.

wf-crosshair.jpg

The dynamic crosshair is not always in the center of the screen, but it moves according to the real aim/trajectory.

So in above shown case, I would clearly see the crosshair on the wall, not on the gate.

Edited by zelgaris

That would be handy. I've pinged way to many walls with my arrows. 

Exactly! In the ind, one can get used to it, but it's still an unnecessary annoyance :/

I think we can agree here, that not only dynamic, but overall better a bit customizable crosshair is indeed needed. The white color blends with the surrounding all the times.

Exactly! In the ind, one can get used to it, but it's still an unnecessary annoyance :/

I think we can agree here, that not only dynamic, but overall better a bit customizable crosshair is indeed needed. The white color blends with the surrounding all the times.

Perhaps we should be able to upload our own .png and .tga files for crosshairs?

Edited by Hashul

Why are you hiding behind walls? Ninjas dont shoot while hiding behind walls.

You only use walls to reload if anything.

This is why we can't have nice things...

Cut the completely redundant and unnecessary RP crap, please.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but we already have a @(*()$ bow in the game that is clearly not meant (and it's hardly possible) for run and gun (bow) action.

Edited by zelgaris

Why are you hiding behind walls? Ninjas dont shoot while hiding behind walls.

You only use walls to reload if anything.

Nobody cares about your horrible, horrible roleplaying. Go learn Japanese or something and let people who are actually trying to play the game play it well.

This is why we can't have nice things...

Cut the completely redundant and unnecessary RP crap, please.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but we already have a @(*()$ bow in the game that is clearly not meant (and it's hardly possible) for run and gun (bow) action.

It appears that in my attempt to bring some humorousity to this exchange has resulted in some individuals not grasping the intention of my dispatch so i shall reiterate it.

You see, this digital endeavor is of the vein known as "bombard and whisk," and in this category of endeavor one has to continuously whisk about the arena while, also, continuously bombarding the enemy with your tools of combat. And engaging in the opposite is counterproductive to the task since this merriment is not made for such exploits.

In the Devil May Cray series, for example, do you ensconce behind some fortifications or you do gambol about?

Me thinks we all gambol about to elude adulteration.

Was this interchange more to your predilection?

Telling us about a humor while completely ignoring given a fact that we have a stealth based weapon and thus hiding behind a cover (wall, chest-high wall) is natural and acceptable gameplay style.
You are new to this game so you don't know about Paris? Or what?

And please, really, drop the RP crap and talk like a regular normal human being - talking stupid in addition to talking crap doesn't help anybody...

Edited by zelgaris

I can dig the idea, and considering this is scifi fantasy rule of cool, surely the Warframe systems have a "target" projector that points where the gun is pointing.

The big question is how it would affect shooting behind you or doing other stuff. And that is where things can get complicated, when does your crosshair show where you want to shoot, and where does the crosshair tell you that is what youre shooting?

Telling us about a humor while completely ignoring given a fact that we have a stealth based weapon and thus hiding behind a cover (wall, chest-high wall) is natural and acceptable gameplay style.

Unmistakably, while slithering about one has to obscure their presence but while that enterprise is at hand the purpose of shrouding behind a facade is to remain concealed rather than providing a reliable station to discharge your apparatus. 

And please, really, drop the RP crap and talk like a regular normal human being - talking stupid in addition to talking crap doesn't help anybody...

He's not even RPing...it's simply long words he's trying to use to attempt to sound smarter. Just ignore him as he has nothing to offer for this thread.

I can dig the idea, and considering this is scifi fantasy rule of cool, surely the Warframe systems have a "target" projector that points where the gun is pointing. The big question is how it would affect shooting behind you or doing other stuff. And that is where things can get complicated, when does your crosshair show where you want to shoot, and where does the crosshair tell you that is what youre shooting?

Huh? Why should it be a problem when shooting behind you? You are still aiming while shooting? Basically it won't affect this in any way and it only improves the shooting from behind cover or wall.

Possible solution to prevent possible confusing is to have two different crosshairs at once, but I still think you won't be confused.

Also, this should be toggle on/off option in settings - we don't want to force it to all players, right? :)

Huh? Why should it be a problem when shooting behind you? You are still aiming while shooting? Basically it won't affect this in any way and it only improves the shooting from behind cover or wall.

Possible solution to prevent possible confusing is to have two different crosshairs at once, but I still think you won't be confused.

Also, this should be toggle on/off option in settings - we don't want to force it to all players, right? :)

That could be the best solution with the two crosshairs, something in line with a laser on Battlefield. You have your standard crosshair, pointing to the center of the screen where you want, and a "targeting marker" that follows the gun. Great thinking.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

That could be the best solution with the two crosshairs, something in line with a laser on Battlefield. You have your standard crosshair, pointing to the center of the screen where you want, and a "targeting marker" that follows the gun. Great thinking.

Rather natural than great imho :)

• 5 months later...