Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clustrum - Energy Great Bow [Concept Art]

blazingcobalt

Clustrum is a great bow designed to shoot energy arrows that have immense punch-through. Anything one-hit by it will succumb to the energy disintegration effect. The foes who survive will be dragged along with the arrow until it hits a wall and fades away. Enemies do not become pinned, they are just knocked down from that point.

-Concept Art-

x6TY5M9.png

"A Tenno-made Great Bow based on the concept of using energy as the source of power instead of magnetic fields."

---

-Ammunition-

The Clustrum fires energy arrows. This does not require physical ammunition but, it requires the Tenno having a pool of energy to draw from. Each arrow would consume 10 energy. The quiver functions as a siphon to this energy pool and gives arrows their origin.  Upon inspection the quiver itself is empty and just had a steady stream of energy fading upwards.

-Bow-

The bow itself also uses energy to form the string. This energy is very unstable and would eat through anything else if it had the chance. The string is formed from the energy nodes located on each half of the bow. The size of the bow is roughly the same height as an Excalibur warframe.

-Sheathing-

In the center of the bow is a simple folding part. The Tenno folds it in half then places the bow over the part that the quiver clips onto the Tenno's back. The folding part is unlocked and locked via energy entering the bow.

-Combat-

Using this bow requires you to draw the string for a short period of time. It would be longer than most normal bows. When a Tenno takes a shot, they will suffer from a bit of recoil, thus sliding them back a few feet. While holding an arrow, a Tenno must walk slowly and carefully, furthermore upon taking aim they cannot move. Raw energy requires delicate handling before being discharged.

Once fired, the arrows are amazingly strong and fast. They are capable of snagging multiple foes standing next to each other and carve a path from a crowd.

-Efficiency-

Clustrum would either operate off of existent energy efficiency mods, such as 'Streamline'. If the Tenno has the mod 'Flow' equipped would increase their energy pool thus increasing the amount of shots available. 

Another mod that would work well with this would be 'Energy Siphon'. If you pair enough Tenno with that mod into the same party, you might not need to worry about falling short of an arrow.

-Modification-

Clustrum can be modded for many effects. You could put on a multishot mod and cause a the multiple arrows to spread out once shot. The mod 'Thunderbolt' would also pack a punch for when the arrow makes contact with something. Status could also be worked into the arrows as well. You could potentially poison an enemy as they get dragged along.

On a side note, energy-based projectile weapons could also start up a whole new batch of mods to go along with the weapons.

-Stat Suggestions-

---

Cobalt's Suggested Stats

Ammo: - (Depends on if energy is available. If a Warframe has 100 energy = 10 arrows. )

Polarities - V

Firing Rate: 1s

Reload: 0.8s

Puncture: 70.0

Slash: 70.0

Impact:70.0

Total: 210

Charged Total: 420

Crit Chance: 40%

Crit Damage: 2x

Charged Crit Chance: 45%

Charged Crit Damage: 2.5x

Status w/o charged: 20%

Innate punch-through: 2m

Charged punch-through: 5m

---

These stats were suggested from Nalo1993.

Ammo: 75

Puncture: 70.0

Slash: 15.5

Impact: 3.5

Total: 89

Charged Total: 178

Crit Chance: 40%

Crit Damage: 2x

Charged Crit Chance: 45%

Charged Crit Damage: 2.5x

Status w/o charged: 20%

Innate punch-through: 2m

Charged punch-through: 4m

---

-Name Suggestions-

Solvite, Exuro, and Vis - suggested by the Erebus

---

//Comments

---

Alrighty, I wanted to do more bows since, well, they're awesome. The idea of a giant bow that would push enemies away from you would be pretty neat. I also wanna see some weapons that use energy as a primary source for damage, that isn't channeling, if that makes any sense.

I think I'll try and do an Infested-based bow tomorrow too.

So yeah, tell me what you think please.

Edited by blazingcobalt

Updated the OP with a bit more information about sheathing and name suggestions so far.

---

That would be the single most glorious weapon to ever exist.

The Corpus would be unstoppable with it.

What would the quiver be though?

Maybe some form of a Corpus-tech cash register?

First off, DE MAKE THIS BOW NOOOOOWWWW!!!!! Second, name doesnt really matter, but i like the name Exuro. Third, i dont feel like it is corpus design, but orokin/tenno, orokin have so many turets and laser traps but never had a energy weapon, thats hard to beleive.

Once again, DE MAKE THIS NAAAOOOOOO!!!!!

I like the idea, but I'd make the energy cost scale with charging. Say, for example, 1 energy per 0.15 sec charged. 10 energy/1.5 sec max charge. Damage, recoil, (aoe?) etc. and of course visual effect scaling with energy used.

nice, I like it

+1, this game still needs more bow variety

the sheated version seems a little awkward to me , I d make the 2 limbs fold completely if it was my design but beatiful nevertheless

Edited by manub