Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hirudo - Infested Short Bow [Concept Art]

blazingcobalt

As I continue to design bows, after the Clustrum, comes the Hirudo.

This is a short bow designed to lay down statuses and poison rather than deal damage. Once you shoot an arrow, it'll leave a trail behind it like an Osprey charging. If the monsters linger in it, they will succumb to the poison. The actual arrow itself will deliver other status types. 

hIxhHBn.png

---

//Comments

---

This one was a challenge to design. I tried to make it look like the neck brace thing that the Disruptor's have. I couldn't quite get it so I decided to mix it with some good ol' Illiac.I also wanted to try and think of a bow that would have something more than firing arrows.

I totally don't wanna give Osprey a taste of their own medicine...

Link to the Clustrum thread if you're interested. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/289108-clustrum-energy-great-bow-concept-art/

Very interesting and another infested weapon, especially a bow would be great, but I think a long bow would be better. Seeing as how all the bows currently are short bows and once you put Heavy Caliber on it, the accurate distance lessens. So maybe a long bow might counter-act this somewhat? 

Just a thought.

Seeing as how all the bows currently are short bows and once you put Heavy Caliber on it, the accurate distance lessens.

Could you please explain this a bit more? Like I said this thing is based around statuses/procs/whatever instead of damage, so I'm not sure why someone would put Heavy Calibur onto it.

Poison.

You could mod it for some heat damage though if you wanted to.

Poison + Heat= oh n-n-n-no I don't want gas damage because gas only affects infested but is weak against other factions

okay Poison or Toxin

if I get this I'm gonna add electric to make Corrosive then maybe heat after that to have Corrosive & Heat

Poison + Heat= oh n-n-n-no I don't want gas damage because gas only affects infested but is weak against other factions

okay Poison or Toxin

if I get this I'm gonna add electric to make Corrosive then maybe heat after that to have Corrosive & Heat

You can mix and match all you want haha.

I'd personally get some Viral into it with some more poison.

Could you please explain this a bit more? Like I said this thing is based around statuses/procs/whatever instead of damage, so I'm not sure why someone would put Heavy Calibur onto it.

Heavy Caliber increases overall base damage just like serration so if the base damage is an element it will be increased also. Generally speaking, you put heavy caliber on just about everything.

Btw, I took a look at the energy Great Bow, very cool. 

• 2 months later...