Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka + Heavy Caliber = Win Win?

Asphroxia

So i threw my rank 2 HC on my lanka (ye i know nothing special)

and it turns out that the accuracy of my lanka goes up instead of down, it was 100, now with HC the accuracy is up to 123.5 im not sure wether its truly applied ingame because i dont notice the difference with the rank 2 mod but the arsenal says it goes up.

Anyone else seen this? or can they confirm its just a visual error

It's a bug related to the mod on perfect accuracy weapons (100). It's always been here. Calculations for the accuracy modifications are...weird and mysterious.

FYI: you can max the mod and still get 33.7 accuracy on the lanka. Which is a minimal change in-game, it will have next-to perfect accuracy.

Whereas the mod is supposed to cut your accuracy in half.

Weird. 

Throwing a theory out there:

If HC works by multipltying the spread, say by 3.3 (pulled out of nowhere) at maximum rank, then at rank 0 is x0.3 spread, rank 2 is x0.9 spread, effectively increasing the accuracy. This would be an error in the code where it is [spread]x(0.3x[Rank]), when it should be coded as [spread]x(1+(0.3x[Rank]).

Purely a theory, but would explain an increase in accuracy at the first two ranks.

It's a bug related to the mod on perfect accuracy weapons (100). It's always been here. Calculations for the accuracy modifications are...weird and mysterious.

FYI: you can max the mod and still get 33.7 accuracy on the lanka. Which is a minimal change in-game, it will have next-to perfect accuracy.

Weird. 

it's not really weird in lanka's case, accuracy (ingame phisically speaking, not the number on the stats) is actually the positive value for the spread of the weapon so a very small value + 55% of it it's still very small, what kind of math happens with the ogris and other weapons which go from pinpoint to extremely wide spread (like ogris) is behind me tho

Edited by bl4ckhunter

what kind of math happens with the ogris and other weapons which go from pinpoint to extremely wide spread (like ogris) is behind me tho

I wonder this myself. I wish the devs would be more open with that kind of info. Hey maybe someday? Or maybe we just need to ask?

So i threw my rank 2 HC on my lanka (ye i know nothing special)

and it turns out that the accuracy of my lanka goes up instead of down, it was 100, now with HC the accuracy is up to 123.5 im not sure wether its truly applied ingame because i dont notice the difference with the rank 2 mod but the arsenal says it goes up.

Anyone else seen this? or can they confirm its just a visual error

Throwing a theory out there:

If HC works by multipltying the spread, say by 3.3 (pulled out of nowhere) at maximum rank, then at rank 0 is x0.3 spread, rank 2 is x0.9 spread, effectively increasing the accuracy. This would be an error in the code where it is [spread]x(0.3x[Rank]), when it should be coded as [spread]x(1+(0.3x[Rank]).

Purely a theory, but would explain an increase in accuracy at the first two ranks.

Weird. 

meh, I've never relied upon that stat card for accuracy. just take your lanka out into a game and see how it reacts.

Ok guys, accuracy is not calculated or shown on the card as 0.01cm or pixel per 100 meters. That is the actual spread value. However the actual accuracy is in percentage or decimals is because they are calculated based on a statistics distribution of the actual accuracy value.

This is why the Vectis or the snipetron has a 13.3(this should be the critical value) accuracy but has a much tighter spread than say the braton with 28.6 accuracy. The values are obtained with respective of a normal distribution curve, or well a graph that references all spread values with a certain mean value, one which no one knows, but it is safe to say all weapons have balanced spreads and well the sniper's distribution curve is much more narrow than the standard rifles.

When there is an increase in spread value, the chance of the value achieving the mean value(or the desired spread value) is decreased. However this is where the funny part comes in, because the accuracy of the lanka is at 100, or actually its actual value is infinity, similar to all 100% accurate weapons, the moment the weapon has a gain in deviation it gains "accuracy" but it is because now the actual value actually deviates abit, but the deviation is still a very small value and will achieve the desired spread value or accuracy. This also means that the spread value is now within the non critical regions allowing it to generate a case where it will always happen, similar to infinity but which can be displayed unlike infinity.

So if you want your actual accuracy, getting all that MOA/dispersion/spread values would take a long time and would be very unfriendly to warframe users. It is also hard to judge 100 meters because the marker tends to mark general areas beyond 20-50 meters if i am not wrong, which ruins the ability to establish an effective MOA at 100 meters.

Edited by Jacate

and many others too as HC has a wierd way to effect weapons

True, some weapons become unplayable with HC, try it on Mitter and tell me what you think after that, the bows is also fun to see, i think this is more common to happen in weapons with 100 acuracy, being the sniper the only ones i cant see to much diference.