Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

Really who does? I do.

rmqv6f.jpg

It would be awesome to has a mod like that. ^^^

EDIT 1: i have a post about the polearms have a problem, adding this mod would fix that problem.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/279310-polearms-need-more-wow-put-into-the-combos/#entry3214153

EDIT 2: what do you guys think of the new aerial attacks? they said the heavy weapons might have charge up!
Sadly they didn't get a charge up aerial attacks, but they are still cool!, i personally like the hammer one.

EDIT 3:I imagine if charge attacks did return that would be put back in differently, no the same old broken second damage type charge attacks, so it'd be more like this, the galitine for example would have a 4.0 multiplier, while weapons like the dual Ichor would have an 1.5 so even light melee weapons would even light melee weapons would have nice charge damage. Here i'll make a chart for the multipliers

15-30 dmg-x4.0

31-50 dmg- x3.0

51-75 dmg-x2.0

76-100 dmg-x1.7

101-290 dmg -x1.5

crit weapon like the dual ichor, dual zoren, dual cleavers, anykros(prime), furax(mk1), Obex, kogate, fragor, atterax, Scindo Prime, and venka would all have the dmg on the chart be placed their crits so,

Dual Ichor-105

Dual Zorens-90

Dual Cleavers-105

Ankyros- 60

Ankyros Prime-76

Furax-70

Mk1-Furax-60

Obex- 50

Kogate- 70

Fragor- 230

Atterax- 85

Venka-111

Scindo Prime-290

EDIT 4: I think thats great news that the heavy weapons are getting there buff soon, hopefully this Wednesday

The buff is here, makes them worth swinging again! but it's still not the same as before with charge attacks

EDIT:5 GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY, after 23 pages and A half a year(5 months), we finally win!!!

as they said during the devstream at about 55:35 you'll see that they said there are re-experiencing with charge attacks.

>>>>>LINK

<<<<<<

EDIT:6 ok tenno live is coming and U16 in the next week or so, i excited to see if they show the charge attacks for the new weapon types that were added after U13(sword & boards, claws, nikanas, and tonfas,) and also i have a poll

http://strawpoll.me/3781633

EDIT:7 DE have confirmed that charge attacks will be re-returning to warframe after U17 because the are going to have the same team that is working on parkour 2.0, work on charge attacks

Edited by BoomToon43

Totaly. I was gone while they updated it (didn't play WF for a few months) and I pretty much like most of the changes made in that time frame but this melee channeling thing.

I just can't get it to work well and I already have tons of keys mapped in this game. Hard to channel with Mouse 1 and then deploy with Mouse 3 or something.

Charging was great, simple and great.

Edit: Well another terrible change is that I can't rush long distances on my butt anymore, only if I have a fast melee wep on me now, too bad they finaly took that out again.

Edited by scavenge

I do, a lot, i loved timing a charge attack while running towards a group of enemies, it was so satisfying when i timed it right.

Melee 2.0 is good for the channeling, and all the channeling related mods like life streak but the execution of the combo system itself is mediocre.

I will never understand why people want to just spam charge attacks all over again...

It is in fact the opposite, charge attacks didn't encourage spamming, they encouraged careful timing, now we spam E all the time, because the combo system is the least intuitive thing ever and its just a waste of time, you can kill hordes of enemies by just pushing EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and performing the combos just for fun is not fun... because the system does not feel natural nor comfortable, so no fun. Combos right now are the least efficient way of fighting because u can just spam E as i mentioned and get away with it. 

Charge attacks cant be too hard to impliment back into the systems as they are. Just add a new "combo" which is only the hold key - variant.

Problem solved.

Dude this is in fact a GREAT idea i wish DE would listen to you and implement this! they should just add a hold E (first E) to each stance and thats it, charge is back! i would LOVE this to happen!

You should start a thread with this idea.

Edited by Orbister

Charge attacks cant be too hard to impliment back into the systems as they are. Just add a new "combo" which is only the hold key - variant.

Problem solved.

i agree, they could easily just have "charge attacks" being a single hold. i dont think there was much reason to completely take charge attacks out of the game. especially when they already had weapons that where reliant on charge attacks. (galatine)