Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hot New Mods, Fresh Off The Griddle

MechaTails

Hopefully these are interesting/game changing effects. If they're not, go ahead and suggest how to make them have more of an impact.

I'm sure these would need play testing to balance properly.

=========================================================

These are my favorite mods:

Bladed Coil
[Whips] Legendary 12
[+X%] damage to Finishers; [+X Meters] to Finisher Range

"Finisher Range" means the distance you can be from an enemy and still perform a finisher. For example, currently you can only perform a ground finisher or stealth attack on a enemy if you're near them, with this mod you can be [X Meters] away from the target and still perform the finisher. This would require a simple animation where the whip outstretches to smack them, possibly recycle the Guided Claw animation from Burning Wasp.

Banshee with a Lecta would be awesome with this mod.

Commanding Claw

[Whips] Rare 7

While in Melee Mode, Hold E to launch and attach the Whip's head to an object up to [X Meters] away. Aim crosshairs where you'd like to throw the object, press E to execute the throw. Enemies hit by the thrown object take [X] Impact damage and are either staggered or knocked down.

Objects that can be gripped include things like barrels, grate covers, and even small enemies, making the environmental objects more than just rusty scenery.

Equipping these two mods onto a whip indirectly lowers its damage since you'd sacrifice 2 mod slots, but the utility it gets is amazing. This would make Whips stand out in their own way, instead of being overshadowed by the long reach of things like the Orthos Prime.

==================================================

Warframe Ability Mods

These modify specific abilities.

Target Practice
[Vauban] Rare
Enemies launched by Bounce take [10%] increased damage for 5 seconds.

Metal Scream
[banshee] Legendary
Using Sonic Boom grants [+10%] melee damage for 5 seconds. Using Sonic Boom before the timer expires resets it.

Maybe the damage boost maxes out at 60%; The duration at 10 seconds.

Overdrive
[banshee] Rare
Sound Quake's damage is increased by the same percentage as your Energy boost and Stamina boost combined.

For example, [10% + 10%] = 20% damage boost.

Reverb
[banshee] Uncommon
Enemies hit with Sonic Boom take [75%] more damage from Sonic Boom the next time they're hit by it. This damage boost stacks. I'm setting the boost high to start with because SB isn't that strong anyway.

Warframe Mods

These are general purpose or Warframe-specific mods.

March of Flames
[Ember] Uncommon
Every 50 meters traveled, Ember emits a wave of flame that panics enemies within [X] meters.

Electric Slide
[Volt] Uncommon
[10%] chance to trigger an electric stun when sliding into an enemy.

Path of Thorns
[Warframe] Uncommon
Sliding causes you to drop [X] caltrops that stagger enemies when stepped on.

Chemical Burn
[Ember] Legendary
[10%] of Burn damage you inflict on enemies bypasses armor and shields to damage their health directly.

Parasitic Poison
[saryn] Legendary
Damage done to enemies by Venom heals Saryn for [5%] of the damage dealt.

Battery Packs
[Volt] Legendary
Ammo pickups no longer replenish ammo, they replenish Volt's shield and energy instead.

Power Shot
[Warframe] Uncommon
Energy Orbs replenish Ammo instead of Energy.

Fine Tuning
[Warframe] Rare
Picking up an Energy Orb grants [+5%] Power Strength; [-5%] Health.
Picking up a Health Orb grants [+5%] Health / [-5%] Power Strength.
The effects can stack up to 3 times, to either extreme. Picking up 1 kind of energy negates 1 stack of the other.

Infernal Crown
[Ember] Legendary
Ember's armor becomes 0. Enemies take [75%] of damage dealt to Ember as Fire damage.

Anti-Gimp
[Warframe] Common
100% chance to immediately smash an Ancient Infested into mush when they try to poison, grapple, or even look at you funny.

Resonance
[banshee] Rare
Successfully blocking an attack causes a shockwave with a [10%] chance to proc Impact on enemies within [3m]. Every attack/bullet blocked within 3 seconds of the previous attack raises the proc chance and range in increments of 2%/2m. (Example: First shockwave is 10%/3m, next shockwave is 12%/5m, etc. Increasing mod rank increases this bonus, maybe maxing out at +5%/+5m per block. I think this would be a cool mod visually.)

Weapon Mods

Unbroken
[Channeling] Uncommon
[-10%] damage taken from status effects. You can't be killed by status effect damage while Channeling, when taking lethal damage from a status effect, health stays at 5 instead.

Blink

[Channeling] Legendary

Attacking with melee causes a dash to the enemy closest to your crosshair (similar to Archwing melee). Higher rank increases the range of the dash.

Amped Up
[Weapon] Uncommon
Corpus weapons deal an additional [+X%] Electric damage to other factions. Shooting a Corpus unit quickly recharges their shields.

Metal Hurlant
[Rifle] Nightmare Legendary
[+5%] Multishot; [+5%] Reload Speed; [+5%] Fire Rate
I think the bonuses should max out at like 20%.

Flint
[Melee] Rare
Blocking has a [X%] chance to blind the attacker for 2 seconds.

Bird of Prey
[Kestrel] Rare
When thrown, the Kestrel homes in on the nearest target then ricochets towards [X] other targets before returning. Punch Through mods have no effect while using this mod.

Iron Rain
[bows] Nightmare Rare
[+10%] Multishot; [+10%] Fire Rate

Steel Sinew
[Melee] Rare
Blocking an attack raises your armor by [X%] for 3 seconds. Successive blocks add 1 second to the duration, up to a maximum of 10 seconds.

Fists of Thunder
[Fists] Uncommon
[10%] chance to cause [X%] electric splash damage on hit.

Hammer Heart
[Fists, Sparring, Maces, Staves, Polearms] Rare
[+0.5%] chance per hit to instantly explode target and stagger nearby enemies. The percentage continues to stack until the explode proc happens, then the chance resets to 0%. Raising rank raises the chance per hit, maybe maxing out at 5%. (At max, 5% + 5% +5%, etc.)

Abominable Snowman Shot

[shotguns] Rare

60% Damage; 60% Ice

Virulent Ooze

[shotguns] Rare

60% Damage; 60% Toxic

Electrocutor

[shotguns] Rare

60% damage; 60% Electric

Electroburn

[shotguns] Rare

60% Electric; 60% Fire

======================

IDEAS BY OTHER POSTERS
(I may have named or tweaked them)

Return to the Deep
[Hydroid] Legendary
Undertow steals health from enemies trapped in it.

[Ash] Legendary
Killing an enemy stunned by Teleport restores the energy spent by it.
(This sounds too OP to me since Teleport doesn't have a cooldown. Maybe restoring like 60% of the energy spent would be more reasonable to prevent the permanent abuse of this skill)

[Excalibur] Legendary
Killing an enemy by blocking its bullets causes Excalibur to have unlimited stamina for 10 seconds. Every additional kill by blocking increases this by 1 second.

[Frost] Legendary
All enemies within 5m of Frost are slowed by 50%

Loki: Cloaks for four seconds after taking health damage (fifteen second cooldown).

Mag: Enemies Mag melee's fly around the room, similar to enemies hit with bows or Boltor bolts.

Mirage: Enemies damaged by anything in Sleight of Hand will damage other enemies with their drops when they die (but those drops will still be available).

Nekros: When Nekros revives a teammate, he gains +5 energy for 15 seconds from killing enemies.

Edited by DarkTails

"world" on fire should no just randomly create flames randomly and hope one of them kills the target u want, this is how it should be:
every flame it makes should always hit a target and make him dust, the player can move while using it, but it's not like if there's 5 enemies it'll kill them all at once, it should kill 1 at a time.
because world on fire is mehh compared to other warframe's abilities 

and I like the "iron rain" idea btw 

With Steel Sinew: is this effect going to stack? Because, I can see this becoming extremely overpowered when faced with rapid-fire enemies.

Using the mechanics you state, and factoring in that it raises it for three seconds, and at 50% per block, blocking the entirety of a Heavy Gunner's magazine would yield 270 seconds of +4500% armor. For a Valkyr running max armor in a melee build for maxed out Stamina, that's 4.5 minutes of 57,960 Armor. I would love a mod like this, but let's lower those values by a lot.

Perhaps Steel Sinew yields only a +5% with a max of 50% for 3 seconds per block. At the moment the armor raise caps, the amount of time you gain from blocking caps as well. So, that means that you'll have 30 seconds of +50% armor. That's enough time for you to get things done. For Max SF Valkyr, that's 1,890 Armor for 30 seconds.

Beyond that, I would freaking love Iron Rain. Considering that bows are my primary weapons of choice, there is nothing about this mod I don't like. However, it would be a little overpowered if you can get three arrows out, considering that most arrows do far upwards of 20k damage per yellow crit. If you have a Dread, and say that all three get a red crit, you'll be doing about 60k per arrow. So, that's 180k damage per hit for every enemy. Alongside that, you have the draw speed of a hyped up Loki, so... yeah.

With Steel Sinew: is this effect going to stack?

Stacking the armor effect wasnt the plan, but now that you mention it, having the armor stack up to a certain point would make it a very useful mod for fighting high level enemies.

My plan for using it was simply to give you an edge when using melee to take out mobs. You block a few times as you run at the mob to stack a few seconds of armor, that way you dont get shredded as much while you focus on a target.

Maybe the armor boost could be a fixed number like +200%, or whatever is acceptable, and every block could add a second to the duration.

These are quite good. You sad more mod ideas? Where are the others? I like these. 

People post mod ideas all the time, just browse the forum :p I could try to invent more though

Edited by DarkTails

I like the idea of frame-specific, passive ability mods. It would add a little more flavor to builds.

It's all about the flavor, baby! lol

Bows are already powerful enough. Don't see the point in giving them a chance to fire 3 arrows at once.

Then you're really gonna hate that it's +30% multishot; +30% fire rate at max rank rofl

Then you're really gonna hate that it's +30% multishot; +30% fire rate at max rank rofl

Not going to say I hate it, will say it's kind of unnecessary. I can think of other weapons more in-need of useful mods than bows. 

Still want a 100% Split Chamber though. 

Edited by TwiceDead

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe every Warframe could have a Legendary* mod to add to their skillset (I'm not going to name them because you're better at it). Here's half of them:

Ash: Killing an enemy you stun with Teleport refunds your energy used by it.

Excalibur: Killing an enemy by blocking its bullets causes Excalibur to have unlimited stamina for 10 seconds. Every additional kill by blocking increases this by 1 second.

Frost: Frost slows all enemies within 5 meters of him by 50%.

Hydroid: Hydroid lifesteals from enemies while in puddle.

Loki: Cloaks for four seconds after taking health damage (fifteen second cooldown).

Mag: Enemies Mag melee's fly around the room, similar to enemies hit with bows or Boltor bolts.

Mirage: Enemies damaged by anything in Sleight of Hand will damage other enemies with their drops when they die (but those drops will still be available).

Nekros: When Nekros revives a teammate, he gains +5 energy for 15 seconds from killing enemies.

And I'm too lazy to finish.

*How hard would it be to fuse legendary mods? That could be a problem.

Maybe every Warframe could have a Legendary* mod to add to their skillset (I'm not going to name them because you're better at it). Here's half of them:

I don't use those warframes so I'm not sure what would be fitting names, I'll give it a try though

Hurricane (Zephyr) - Causes Zephyr's Tornadoes to spit out assorted junk (Trees, cars, old ladies on bicycles, etc) that cause AOE impact damage upon hitting a surface.

lol

EDIT: Added Target Practice and a section for posters' ideas

Edited by DarkTails

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm happy to hear we'll be getting "Ability Modifier Mods" in the future, so some of these mod ideas have a very real chance of being added to the game.

I take that back, almost all these ideas have an uncertain future because we don't know exactly how the new system will work lol

Edited by DarkTails