Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Automatic Reload Has A Delay That Needs To Be Removed.

Shehriazad

When you do not press reload yourself it will reload more slowly...I don't think that this is a bug but rather an oversight when they made their weapon/combat system in their engine.

If you want to test it out yourself then do so with the Vectis as a prime example.

If you shoot while spamming reload after every shot, you will only need about 2/3 the time between every shot. (The actual reload time).

Same goes for the Tigris.

Obviously it does affect ALL weapons and quite frankly it annoys the crap out of me. If it says the weapon needs 2.5 seconds to reload....why do I have to wait an extra .5 seconds unless I perfectly time my reload key every time?
Quite a few weapons have low mag sizes and other weapons come with annoyingly long reload times.
If this was a "minigame" where I could reduce reload time as a sort of quicktime event (a few shooters do this to reduce reload timers) then I wouldn't even mind. 

But hidden reload times are bad, mkay? ;p

So please DE remove this additional delay.

• Like 2

Interesting. I never did both on one weapon. I always manually reload my rifles/automatics and let Tigris/Vectis do their own reloading. I always agonize over that reload speed mod on Tigris. I'll have to try this tonight!

The delay can actually cause problems occasionally as well. If you use a weapon that has a reload delay, like the Akbolto I found out, if you are spam clicking to fire, as you do with them, when the magazine is empty and you carry on trying to spam, occasionally instead of reloading, the game will think you have no more pistol ammo and will switch to primary, which is rather annoying.

This is actually in most shooters.

When you run out of ammo, the game allows you to fire... essentially a blank. It then makes the character realise the mag is empty and start reloading. If you reload manually however, then you havn't wasted time firing that blank.
Listen carefully with any weapon (not Vectis or Tigris though), and you'll here this slight, *click*, after the last shot and when your mag is at 0. That indicates the gun has no ammo and can't fire anything.

• Like 2

i love the concepte

and i think its the oposite

manual reload is faster than wut stats show not the auto being slower

------------------------------

litle stuff like that is wut make the soul of a game, dont remoove this, its like

Ok if yu are skilled you can reload faster than auto reload

that's totally fine in my book

Edited by Tsoe

i love the concepte

and i think its the oposite

manual reload is faster than wut stats show not the auto being slower

------------------------------

litle stuff like that is wut make the soul of a game, dont remoove this, its like

Ok if yu are skilled you can reload faster than auto reload

that's totally fine in my book

Except that is not how it works.

If you time it you will realize that automatic reload will take LONGER than the reload timer says and manual reload AS LONG AS IT SAYS.

So you're not "saving time" by using manual reload...you only avoid LOSING time because auto reload has quite the delay on it.