Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Resource Drop Rate Severely Decreased?

Zonker

Hi,

I recently noticed that some missions drop VERY few rare resources (Orokin Cells, Neural Sensors) now, namely survivals like Saturn > Keeler or Jupiter > Elara.

In the past, I enjoyed playing those because they were a steady, but not necessarily super fast way to gain both XP and and some rare resources. In the last few days, those resources have become almost non-existant.

As an example, I did 2x25 minute and 2x35 minute survivals on Keeler. I got 0-1 cells from that. NEVER more than one, even with the occasional Nekros and opening up every single locker and container I stumbled upon.

I used to get between 3 and up to 7 cells for a 35 minute run on Keeler which seems like a reasonable number for the time involved. The situation seems similar on Elara.

What happened here? Was the drop chance reduced intentionally or is this a bug? And if it was intentional, what is the motivation behind it? Because this will result in EVERYBODY just grinding bosses over and over, even more than people already do. I'd rather have some fun playing while getting that stuff, honestly. :)

Thanks in advance for any reply and especially for any fixes if this is indeed unintentional behaviour.

Have a nice weekend!

I noticed that some resources have been very scarce. I farmed Phorid to get Argon crystals for the new tonfa weapon, but I only got one after seven runs. More severe though is running Alad V for Neural Sensors. He drops NONE after 30 runs. That is just wrong.

I noticed that some resources have been very scarce. I farmed Phorid to get Argon crystals for the new tonfa weapon, but I only got one after seven runs. More severe though is running Alad V for Neural Sensors. He drops NONE after 30 runs. That is just wrong.

Argon should only drop in the Void in the first place...

Resource drop rate is extremely odd now, hopefully they fix it, its kinda unbearable atm...

I understand there's RNG, but this is just ridiculous, even with 2 nekros' on cassini with desi  builds, we were unable to get any cells earlier, I'll check Ceres tho, maybe they haven't touched it?

Four survival runs can't quite show that big of a change simply because of how annoying rng is. Thirty runs from Alad and nothing from him seems way off but, rng is still rng.

Argon should only drop in the Void in the first place...

They are in Phorid's drop table in the Codex if I'm not mistaken.

Four survival runs can't quite show that big of a change simply because of how annoying rng is. Thirty runs from Alad and nothing from him seems way off but, rng is still rng.

I thought this was just a streak of bad luck at first, yeah. But it wasn't only those four. It was Elara, too. And we just did another 35 minute survival on Keeler and one on Mimas, with a Nekros. We got one cell, on both. That's just not normal, I've played those missions quite a bit in the past and it was NEVER this obviously bad.

I'm almost starting to believe there is some kind of strange hard cap on how many rare resources you can get from those missions. Or the drop chance is really, REALLY low now.

Edited by Zonker

I've run 12 Void missions the last two days to get Argon and have not gotten a single one.  That's completely different from my past experience in the game.

Once in a while I would fail to pick one up but never 12 missions in a row.

• 1 month later...

Ok, after almost another three weeks I just have to know: did you guys at DE actually decrease drop rates? Or did you limit the amount of rare resources one can get from (certain) missions?

Saturn > Keeler or Mimas, Ceres > Egeria or Nuovo, no matter where we go, the Orokin cell drop rates in survivals are abysmal. It seems really just impossible to get more than two, usually just one. I had occurences when I got one cell from a crate in the first five minutes and not a second one for the next 30-35 minutes from enemy drops.

I used to recommend these missions to clanmates and other people. "Hey, it may not be as fast as grinding bosses over and over, but at least it's more fun while playing it!" Now it barely rewards anything, especially not for the time you're there.

Can you please clear up what happened here and possibly think about tweaking it a bit?

curious, been doing kiste ceres a lot these days (leveling stuff) & drop rate seem unchanged to me,still got 1-2 cells nearly each mission

As for salad V, I haven t got any problem farming sensors from him (got 5 in 4-5 runs)

I'm afraid the RNG gods just hate you, keep trying

I'm afraid the RNG gods just hate you, keep trying

Nah, that isn't just RNG. I was actually wrong and... forgot the whole September. This has been going on for almost two months now and it has been consistent. It's pretty much always just 1-2 cells, no matter which survival, no matter how long you stay... and I do these survivals pretty regularly. It hasn't been always this way, you COULD get more. And I'm wondering what's the reasoning behind it.

I just hope we could get some info from DE regarding this subject.

I have the same issue. I even ran elara with resources booster AND resource drop chance booster AND a desecrate build nekros and still only got 2 neural sensors in 35 mins. One run I did not get any at all. It is annoying quite frankly that I had to resort to that for cells and and neural sensors in the first place as I have not had any luck with those for the past month or more, and even with my boosters I still can't get them. 

Never go to survivals for resources. It's a bad call.

The rate hasn't decreased though, you were just lucky before and unlucky now.

I have tons of everything I need =P

Here is how to get resources fast:

Cells? - Ruk (1 hour speed killing, at least 8 cells)

Sensors? - Salad V

Neurodes? - Lephantis/ODD/Eris Dark Sector Defense or Earth Excavation.

Edited by Semshol

They used to be a good way to get resources. Now, I'm not so sure. It just seems like we are getting less and less rare resources for the same amount of time spent playing these days.

There is a reason why they're a bad call. Generally in PUG survivals, everyone runs everywhere. So it spreads drops. So if you just happened to miss that one orange box, you've lost the resource basically.

Now if you were to do a Dark Sector Defense, then everything is gathered up and you are less likely to miss stuff.

But the bosses are also fast ways of getting the resources if you can nuke them quickly :)

Edited by Semshol

[...]

There is a reason why they're a bad call. Generally in PUG survivals, everyone runs everywhere. So it spreads drops. So if you just happened to miss that one orange box, you've lost the resource basically.

As I said, I know grinding bosses is and was usually a faster way of getting resources. It is also mind-numbingly dull. Which is why I always preferred survivals, because they USED to reward rare resources at a solid rate while providing some fun gameplay and increasing challenge the longer you stay.

The second part is still true; resource-wise it HAS changed, though. It's especially annoying on Ceres because you go all in for pretty hard high-end missions and yet get close to nothing, cells-wise. I remember getting 5-7 cells in Egeria in ONE survival, now you have to be lucky to get one cell in 30 minutes.

Also, this isn't just a matter of public survivals with randoms, it happens just as consistently in coordinated teams that stick together, mark resources and even bring a Nekros. It's just that enemies often don't drop ANY rare resources at all and the only cells or neural sensors we find actually were from lockers or containers.

Edited by Zonker

Yep, confirmed.

I farmed for Oxium - only got one Oxium Drone over 700 kills in two missions.  I don't understand why Oxium drone rarely spawn in survival/defense.

Also, Orokin Cells don't exist anymore I'm convinced.

500+ kills on a Ceres survival and nothing.

Cells? - Ruk (1 hour speed killing, at least 8 cells)

Sensors? - Salad V

And there in lies the problem. I should't have to speed run ruk for 1 hours for 8 cells:

1: its boring 

2: I can speed run him easily in 3 mins or less and therefore I'd have to make around 20 runs just for 8 cells (did I mention its boring?) 

3: I've done 5 runs of Alad V and not gain any sensors 

Its not that I was lucky before because I didnt use to get a whole lot before, it just seems that now its like I never get them 

Yes, survivals were a great way to level and get some resources at the same time. But now, 35mins and not one rare drop? that seems a bit too excessive to me.

RNG must really hate me if I couldn't even get good drop rates in 3 days of grinding and with both boosters. Must be unlucky indeed

Edited by Sachellein