Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

They'll Never See It [Kronen]

MechaTails

They'll never see it coming... puns are great!

Alternate titles:

Kronen the Barbarian

They see me Kronen

=======================

Figured it was about time I ran my mouth a little, hopefully I convey some good points clearly.

[Views based on leveling Kronen to like Lv15 so far]

•Short Range

It makes perfect sense for this weapon to have short range. It's gripped in the middle, not the end like a sword. Try this, tape a long cardboard tube to your forearm so it's positioned like the Kronen. You'll realize quickly you can't extend the reach of the weapon beyond the foot it extends beyond your fist. Essentially, that's long-dagger range. If you want to be nit-picky, it's possibly short-sword range.

You can also bend your elbow to slash with the part of the blade above the elbow, but that has about the same range as slashing normally, or even less.

•Short Slide Attack

Since this weapon was made for close range fights, it again makes perfect sense for the slide attack to be short. You slide attack into a mob and do a ton of damage to them, the short slide lets you stop very close to the mob so you can keep pressing the attack. Hell, you can keep slide attacking the mob quickly because of the short slide range, it's a great way to take advantage of the excellent slide attack damage.

•They look cool, but-

They're too big, and I think this is contributing to the complaints about the range being too short. When I first equipped them it was clear they were too big, but not by a lot. Maybe shrink them like 10% and they'll look about right, and they won't lose the abililty to enhance your Maleficent cosplay.

•Combos

Eh. I'm turned off by the 10+ button press combos, but I'll give them a try eventually. I've just been slashing away all willy nilly and they handle just fine. It's disappointing to hear that the combos miss so many strikes. Have you guys tried adding Reach and seeing if that fixes the problem? If it does, DE may have to extend the weapon's reach a little so it can combo without help of a mod, mesh size be damned.

Possible solution for combo hits not connecting: Increase the distance attacks lounge you forward.

EDIT: Read somewhere that turning off melee auto-targeting helps a lot, possibly because auto-target is bugged with Kronen.

Edited by DarkTails