Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix Status/grakata And Status Weapons.

Gahrzerkire

Alright, so I am a major fan of the Grakata and all things proc and status related. Almost all my weapons utilize status builds, as status has massive utility when it comes to leveling the playing field in high tier missions.

Okay to business.

Ever be using a status weapon and never proc your elementals like you want to?

I propose they introduce a mod set or a mod that increases the probability of your weapons proc'ing elemental over basic damage types. Maybe a dual stat mod that increases your proc chance and your elemental proc chance.

For Example at base:

15% proc chance 20% Elemental Proc Chance Boost

1) 30% Proc Chance 30% Elemental Proc Chance Boost

2) 45% Proc Chance 40% Elemental Proc Chance Boost

3) 60% Proc Chance 50% Elemental Proc Chance Boost

4) 75% Proc Chance 60% Elemental Proc Chance Boost

5) 80% Proc Chance 70% Elemental Proc Chance Boost

Math Explanation:

You fire your weapon and get a proc:

You have 5 damage types on your weapon:

Puncture

Impact

Slash

Corrosive

Fire

You have a 2/5 chance to proc an element.

With proposed mod equipped and maxed you have a 11/10 probability to proc. Which would mean you get a guaranteed elemental proc, and a 1/10 chance to get a double proc. However the double proc would be rolled normally, against all elemental and basic damage types.

I believe a mod like this or a mod that simply increase your elemental proc chance would be extremely viable and useful in game.

hmm.

sounds like having that as a Mod facet could be useful.

don't forget to be able to go the otherway round too, if you want to have less Elemental Status Effects.

but a percentage for that stat doesn't sound quite right. i'm seeing this as an "increase probability for Elemental / Physical Status when Status occurs" rather than an extra Status Chance for a group of Damage Types.

so if we could represent that as, twice as likely for an Elemental / Physical Status and half as likely for the other, that would be better, i think.

hmm.

sounds like having that as a Mod facet could be useful.

don't forget to be able to go the otherway round too, if you want to have less Elemental Status Effects.

but a percentage for that stat doesn't sound quite right. i'm seeing this as an "increase probability for Elemental / Physical Status when Status occurs" rather than an extra Status Chance for a group of Damage Types.

so if we could represent that as, twice as likely for an Elemental / Physical Status and half as likely for the other, that would be better, i think.

You could make the mod simply boost whatever damage types come after it in the mod table. So say you put it in the #1 slot of your mod window it effects all the elemental damages that follow but not the basic damage types. However if you put it in the #8 slot then it boosts Basic Types over elemental. Or if you put it in 7 and have say fire after it, then it boosts fire, along with the basic damage types, so you can boost one particular element or combo, while boosting your basic types, or just boost your basics/Elemental. However their may be better ways to do that.

What I like about the percentages is it can give you a probability to double proc.

Alright, so I am a major fan of the Grakata and all things proc and status related. Almost all my weapons utilize status builds, as status has massive utility when it comes to leveling the playing field in high tier missions.

"Endless" is not a mission. Asking for mods so you can take on Level 200 enemies helps no one. "High tier missions" are against level 35-40 enemies anyway, I can run those by Throwing a Glaive at them, so I don't think we need more weird dual mods.

"Endless" is not a mission. Asking for mods so you can take on Level 200 enemies helps no one. "High tier missions" are against level 35-40 enemies anyway, I can run those by Throwing a Glaive at them, so I don't think we need more weird dual mods.

It would not allow me to take on level 200 enemies it would ease the process of lowering the armor of level 35-55 heavy gunners, which is very hard.

You have 5 damage types on your weapon:

Puncture

Impact

Slash

Corrosive

Fire

You have a 2/5 chance to proc an element.

That calculation is wrong. Physical proc (puncture + impact + slash) has a total of 2/3 of your weapon's overall proc chance, while elemental procs share the rest 1/3 chance. Each type of damage's proc chance is then calculated proportional to its relative damage value. 

So in Grakata's case, with Split chamber+hammer shot+two event mods, it has 75% total proc chance. Because physical damage is pretty much equally divided between P, I and S, each physical damage has 75% * 2/3 * 1/3 = 16.6% chance to proc. The elemental proc (toxin+elec= corrosive) has 75%*1/3 = 25% chance to proc. 

Which means basically every 16 bullets would strip a Grineer's armor to zero.  

Don't use rainbow builds and just focus on ONE elemental proc (e.g. when versus Grineers, just stick with corrosive don't use fire), and the proc chance is fine. 

That calculation is wrong. Physical proc (puncture + impact + slash) has a total of 2/3 of your weapon's overall proc chance, while elemental procs share the rest 1/3 chance. Each type of damage's proc chance is then calculated proportional to its relative damage value. 

So in Grakata's case, with Split chamber+hammer shot+two event mods, it has 75% total proc chance. Because physical damage is pretty much equally divided between P, I and S, each physical damage has 75% * 2/3 * 1/3 = 16.6% chance to proc. The elemental proc (toxin+elec= corrosive) has 75%*1/3 = 25% chance to proc. 

Which means basically every 16 bullets would strip a Grineer's armor to zero.  

Don't use rainbow builds and just focus on ONE elemental proc (e.g. when versus Grineers, just stick with corrosive don't use fire), and the proc chance is fine. 

Yes my calculation was wrong thank you for fixing that however... something feels weird about your math. if you have 3 damaqe types you dont want to proc then you have a 50% chance of procing those damage types and a 25% chance of procing an element and where is your last 25%...?. I was not aware that it was levyed by how much damage each type did ingame. However status weapons would still greatly benefit from the ability to choose what you proc and then effect its probubility.

Yes my calculation was wrong thank you for fixing that however... something feels weird about your math. if you have 3 damaqe types you dont want to proc then you have a 50% chance of procing those damage types and a 25% chance of procing an element and where is your last 25%...?. I was not aware that it was levyed by how much damage each type did ingame. However status weapons would still greatly benefit from the ability to choose what you proc and then effect its probubility.

The last 25% is the chance that nothing procs.

The ability to choose which proc triggers is nice. I also think DE should take priority to fix the physical procs effect. As it stands, impact, puncture and slash procs are pretty much useless, hence nobody wants to build their weapons around physical procs. 

The last 25% is the chance that nothing procs.

The ability to choose which proc triggers is nice. I also think DE should take priority to fix the physical procs effect. As it stands, impact, puncture and slash procs are pretty much useless, hence nobody wants to build their weapons around physical procs. 

So then the problem i am addressing is still real the probubility of getting a elemental proc is way to low. 25% chance of elemental proc sucks as a max.