Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Some Puncture-Focused Melee Weapons

Nira

There are more slash-orientated melee weapons than I care to think of; there's even quite a choice of impact ones these days... but only three punctures (four if you count "normal"/Prime duplicates), and they're all in the dagger class. What if you don't like daggers? Regardless if you do or you don't, that's a very small number.

It'd be great to have some fresh and "unique" puncture-based melee weapons. I've had a look through the fan art section and can't see any ideas, but the most obvious for me would be a spear or javelin of some sort, or maybe a rapier-type blade with a focus on thrusting, lunging attacks.

I started this thread initially to vocalize on what I think is a gap in our arsenal, but hey, if anyone's got ideas/concepts for some puncture-based melees, let's have 'em :)

I still want to see a actual spear weapon added, that would fill the role well.  The Orthos may be considered a polearm, but it is not a spear.  We could also get a hammer type weapon that has a spike on it rather than being blunt. 

Honestly there are many existing weapons that are mostly slashing weapons that don't make sense to me.  Scythes should have more puncture on them, it only makes sense, if you swing a weapon like that the pointed end strikes first so.... yeah they really should be hybrid puncture and slashing. 

We need a handheld pilebunker.

Preferably of Grineer make.

Had to look up what that was :P Can really see one with the Grineer aesthetic.

I still want to see a actual spear weapon added, that would fill the role well.  The Orthos may be considered a polearm, but it is not a spear.  We could also get a hammer type weapon that has a spike on it rather than being blunt. 

Honestly there are many existing weapons that are mostly slashing weapons that don't make sense to me.  Scythes should have more puncture on them, it only makes sense, if you swing a weapon like that the pointed end strikes first so.... yeah they really should be hybrid puncture and slashing. 

That's a fine point about the scythes. Unless you grazed your target with the outer edge of the blade, which probably isn't sharp anyway...

Edited by Dualice

We need a handheld pilebunker.

Preferably of Grineer make.

Aw S#&$, I totally forgot the pilebunker. Hell yeah, we still need that.

But yeah, there's a ton of stuff they could do for Puncture weapons. A spear is the obvious choice, though that would probably need its own stance. Push daggers, as a Puncture gauntlet weapon, spiked knuckle/feet coverings, maybe return Jaw Sword to its previous Puncture status. Some kinda spiked club for hammers, like a Kanabo. Maybe a flail-type of weapon for whips. As for axes, maybe some kind of pickaxe, or they could use that for scythes, since they might be that kinda shape. Sword & Shield weapons could use a short spear (energy spear with arm-mounted shield projector is one of my dream weapons), maybe with a second stance for that weapon type based on thrusting attacks. Maybe a smaller pickaxe for machetes, then a dual version of that for dual swords. For single swords, they could just make a rapier, I could picture that working really well with Iron Phoenix.

Okay, I rambled on a lot about that, but that just shows how much they could do for Puncture weapons, that would work fine with the current animations.

But really, we need that pilebunker more than anything.

EDIT: And of course, they could always just make some more daggers and dual daggers. Skyla Solo/Duo anyone?

Edited by nintega