Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Stalker Boss Fight.

Luminati07

Hi guys,

This idea (literally) came to me in a dream, I just woke up, and I want to post it before I forget it.

Anyway.

My idea was for a proper Stalker fight, (very rarely) on missions, the Stalker will be waiting in a large room for your sqaud (a room much like the Jackal room), when you enter, he will be in the Tenno kneeling position, facing away from you.

Once your squad is inside, he will have some dialogue such as:

"Ah, you've come. I've been expecting you"

"It's time for you to pay for your crimes"

A cutscene will then play. He will stand up slowly, and turn around to face you.

The lights go out, and the boss fight begins.

He will have boss-like HP and shields (make sure he isn't just a bullet sponge), making this more of an actual boss, rather than a joke that can be put down in 2 Hek shots.

Maybe buff up his damage as well.

He will also be able to target all 4 players in the squad, rather than just the one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The main reason I think this'd be a great idea, is it would be a seriously different boss fight, requiring different tactics.

Most of the current ones are pretty basic, enemy stands there, maybe teleports a bit, while you just shoot him.

The Stalker as a proper boss would be great because of his mobility, and his skills.

The lights going out just makes it more interesting and intense. We all fear what we can't see. (or in this case, we fear what we can barely see)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Other ideas.

1. Perhaps he could have his own alert, "Stalker Located", and make him a very hard boss, with large rewards.

2. Maybe (very rarely) have him appear on assassination missions, replacing the normal boss for that mission.

3. When the lights go out, make it very dark. All we have is our flashlights and muzzle flashes.

4. He should have an extremely varied attack pattern. Not something like melee->Smoke Screen->shoot->teleport->rinse, repeat.

Something very different, using powers very often to keep that essence of unpredictability.

Teleporting and going invisible very often to keep you on your toes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Thoughts?

Edited by miniKAD

The stalker is nothing but myth and superstition. Players all too often die to heavy, even light enemies. Someone started this 'stalker' rumor to explain his death, and now many have jumped on that wagon, going so far as to falsify a wiki entry for him. You should be ashamed of yourselves, own up to your shortcomings, and stop using scapegoats. :)

I'd love this game even more if they made him as a boss. Maybe he could run on the walls too? I'd also love it if the Dev's made some boss fight music for him. I think if he tried to melee you then you can block and he would just stagger back and he would teleport somewhere else in the room. I could come up many more ideas but it would take awhile to get done reading them all. Anyways I hope you Dev's do this. Or maybe with some other corrupted Tenno.

I'd love this game even more if they made him as a boss. Maybe he could run on the walls too? I'd also love it if the Dev's made some boss fight music for him. I think if he tried to melee you then you can block and he would just stagger back and he would teleport somewhere else in the room. I could come up many more ideas but it would take awhile to get done reading them all. Anyways I hope you Dev's do this. Or maybe with some other corrupted Tenno.

A wall running Stalker boss would be awesome. +1 to that.

Not so sure about the melee block staggering though.

Seems like it'd make it too simple. Wait for him to melee, block, 4 charge attacks while he's staggered, rinse, repeat.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

I like the idea a lot.

Although i feel like he should also make appearances as he is now. Buff him a bit as he is now so he makes some appearances. More like, "light" attempts to kill you, but not going in for the kill really. Something like the Stalker is testing you to see if he can kill you with only that much. When you defeat him then he could say something like "I underestimated you... won't happen again."

Then, after you've defeated him on the above method described, on a random mission except defense, he could be a "hidden boss" that appears along the way like you suggested.

Then he'd be a terrifying boss, now that he came fully prepared to take your squad out. Running on walls and using skills of some of our warframes (or some unique to him, to make it even better), throwing shurikens and all that. That'd be fantastic.

...that's what i would say if I believed this crazed Stalker story anyway. I shouldn't have gone along with your story, sorry for stimulating your dissimulations.

Oh you silly you.

Edited by Kynian

I like the idea a lot.

Although i feel like he should also make appearances as he is now. Buff him a bit as he is now so he makes some appearances. More like, "light" attempts to kill you, but not going in for the kill really. Something like the Stalker is testing you to see if he can kill you with only that much. When you defeat him then he could say something like "I underestimated you... won't happen again."

Then, after you've defeated him on the above method described, on a random mission except defense, he could be a "hidden boss" that appears along the way like you suggested.

Then he'd be a terrifying boss, now that he came fully prepared to take your squad out. Running on walls and using skills of some of our warframes (or some unique to him, to make it even better), throwing shurikens and all that. That'd be fantastic.

...that's what i would say if I believed this crazed Stalker story anyway. I shouldn't have gone along with your story, sorry for stimulating your dissimulations.

Oh you silly you.

Agree with everything.

The first encounter is just the Stalker testing the waters, and then afterwards you will meet him in full force.

Cheers for the feedback mate.

Heck yes. It would also be extremely cool if, when encountering him by yourself in his boss form, there would be a chance for some sort of "Tenno Blood Rite" to be invoked and you would have to duel him using only melee. It would be a nice way to get people to focus on the excellent (imo) melee combat system that DE put into the game.

Edited by Seraph117

Think this sounds pretty awesome. Although some suggestion I can't agree on.

Nice boss idea, be neat if he could instantly kill half your team during the fight I think he would be interesting like an invisible ninja he is.

Adding a OHKO sounds okay-ish if they do it right and it should only kill one member instead of "half your team" unless you're a party of two. Vindictus did the OHKO in the Keaghan boss battle very well.

Heck yes. It would also be extremely cool if, when encountering him by yourself in his boss form, there would be a chance for some sort of "Tenno Blood Rite" to be invoked and you would have to duel him using only melee. It would be a nice way to get people to focus on the excellent (imo) melee combat system that DE put into the game.

This in my opinion just doesn't sound fun. If you wanted you could only use melee on him during the boss fight but as a regulation for the battle, I don't think everyone would agree with it. 

Edited by SomethingCrazy