Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Vreemd, Collaborator Of The Strange.

AnonMD

Vreemd (Dutch - Adjective) Pronounced Vr-ee-mt

1. strange; odd

2. foreign

Lore

The original Vreemd was an ingenius Tenno inventor, a forerunner of advanced technology.  It is still unknown what role he played in the emergence of the technocyte virus, but from how the frame of this former-genius appears, he may very well be the source of the plague. (Well, it's wrong, but it sounds cool.)

Appearance

The Vreemd Warframe has a fairly normal head, torso, and legs, with each sporting a spiral design that focuses onto a central point, such as the center of the head, the right side of the chest, the side of the thighs, and knees. However, Vreemd's arms are a good reminder of the Frame's past. They are Technocyte growths being contained by some unknown mechanism. Vreemd can shape these arms into a variety of tools and weapons.

Stats

Role: Bruiser/Brawler

Health: 150 (450 at max)

Shields: 100 (300 at max)

Power: 100 (150 at max)

Armor: 120

Stamina: 125

Sprint Speed: 1.0

Powers

1. Infected Seed-  Vreemd slings part of one of his infested arms that sticks to anything it touches. This seed quickly begins to grow, and the larger it gets, the more damage it deals. When it explodes, it deals viral damage, and has a chance to proc the same. It can be popped early to immediately deal damage. Instead of energy, costs a small amount of health. Affected by Range, Duration, and Power mods.

2. Exude Spo res-  Vreemd begins emits a wave of toxic spores that follow him about, slowly poisoning surrounding enemies while increasing the melee damage he and his allies do. Toggled ability, has initial cost, and then a smaller cost per tic. Deals toxin damage in two forms; the initial burst and then a reduced amount per tic. Affected by Range, Duration, and Power mods.

3. Bleeding Vines- Vreemd elongates his arms, and grows each of them a vicious looking blade at the end. During the duration of this ability, he cannot use weapons, and moves slower, but his long reaching, cleaving attacks restore a very small portion of his health. Deals slash damage. Crit Chance, Stat Chance, and  Attack Speed are all based off the currently equipped melee weapon, however, the arms also inherit any elemental damage equipped to the weapon. Affected by Range, Dur- look, you get it by this point.

4. Cross-Pollinate- Vreemd disables the inhibitors in his frame, and allows the infection to merge with himself for a short time. Vreemd grows to the size of an Infested Ancient, and has his energy stores supercharged. Due to this, all of his abilities become active. Every few steps, a seed drops off him, he is constantly under the affect of his spores, and his vines are always out. However, activating one of these abilities drains energy, but has a new effect:

Seed= Take Root- Vreemd Immobilizes himself, regenerating and stealing life slowly from nearby enemies.

Spore= Invigorate- Increase the potency of the melee damage buff.

Vine= Pheromone Lure- Aggros and draws in all nearby enemies onto Vreemd.

Comments, complaints and criticisms are more than welcome! Especially the latter of the three, cause this seems to be pretty ridiculous to me, and I made it.

Edited by AnonMD

#2 is what i feel saryn's 3rd should be. which is to say all of these are amazing. 9/10 concept now we just need some art.

Thanks! I'll try to get something posted, I've already got ideas.

EDIT: Ah, wasn't aware of the lore bit, I just had checked the wiki. But hey, the lore is probably the most simple and flexible part of this idea.

Edited by AnonMD