Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan Expo Trinity Cosplay With Glaive!

Coatduck

Went to Fan Expo in Toronto last weekend, but my phone died so I didn't get any pictures!
Anyway I took some of my cosplay when I got home. I sort of imagine this is what trinity would look like if the grineer showed up during her cocktail party.

Y1iMwuz.jpg

nOxBxOb.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
It was a lot of fun to make, and the expo was great, even if I did spend half of it trying not to snap the Glaive in half while moving through crowds.

Doesn't really come through in the pictures but my tights were black with gold underneath. Tights Prime <3

Edit: just so you know how much I love my Glaive, my in game glaive has 9 polarities because I like ranking it and had too many forma.

Edited by Coatduck

PasSGpu.jpg
To clarify, this is sort of a suit less trinity. I intended to finish the helmet for this year, but budget and time limits were tight and I got the helmet shape done about 10 minutes before we left, but it was too rough to bring along. My partner was going to go with a Nekros helmet but he didn't have time to really do anything. He did have dual Skana though, however one of them got sat on at lunch, so it, like Narsil it needs some repair work.

Edited by Coatduck

PasSGpu.jpg

To clarify, this is sort of a suit less trinity. I intended to finish the helmet for this year, but budget and time limits were tight and I got the helmet shape done about 10 minutes before we left, but it was too rough to bring along. My partner was going to go with a Nekros helmet but he didn't have time to really do anything. He did have dual Skana though, however one of them got sat on at lunch, so it, like Narsil it needs some repair work.

Cant wait to see the full design. A project like this done properly can take over a year and cost a fortune. Awesome work

If i had the time and money i'd do a Frost Prime myself probably with getting a crazy gun shop to put together the gorgon wraith and Orthos.

As an Edit. World Famous Cosplayer Yaya Han sells incredible material for making costumes like this. Warbia i think its called. She uses it in several of her designs including her beautiful Fiora costume. May want to look into that when dealing with the other pieces of what looks to be an incredible project.

Edited by Hyperion5182

Cant wait to see the full design. A project like this done properly can take over a year and cost a fortune. Awesome work

If i had the time and money i'd do a Frost Prime myself probably with getting a crazy gun shop to put together the gorgon wraith and Orthos.

As an Edit. World Famous Cosplayer Yaya Han sells incredible material for making costumes like this. Warbia i think its called. She uses it in several of her designs including her beautiful Fiora costume. May want to look into that when dealing with the other pieces of what looks to be an incredible project.

I am familiar with Warbla, however it is basically moldable plastic, and for this application you want something that flows well with the body. Warframes aren't just armor, they're part of your body, and should move and flow organically. don'tcha worry I've got everything planned out ;)

Glaive pls.  I will pay any amount of money.

In all seriousness, that Glaive is dead-on perfect.  Great work.

I'm not sure if DE would be cool with me selling them.

That being said I have a surplus of materials and would be more than willing to if DE gave me the go-ahead.

that or DE could commission me and I'd make some molds for them

I am familiar with Warbla, however it is basically moldable plastic, and for this application you want something that flows well with the body. Warframes aren't just armor, they're part of your body, and should move and flow organically. don'tcha worry I've got everything planned out ;)

It's also useful in weapon creation you mentioned a problem with the Dual Skana. You definitely want something that can move organically but at the same time costs can overrun. I never want someone to go broke from a project like this.

It's also useful in weapon creation you mentioned a problem with the Dual Skana. You definitely want something that can move organically but at the same time costs can overrun. I never want someone to go broke from a project like this.

Don'tcha worry, I've got this whole thing planned out :P

I'll probably start work on it in a few weeks. Quite busy right now.

It should cost me under 100 for the entire thing if I plan everything right.

My partner is running Mirage next time.

PasSGpu.jpg

STOP MAKING ME LIKE THINGS.